SOTD : Saturday 21st August to Friday 27th August 2021

25/08/2021

Razor: Karve Aluminium SB-D
Blade: GSB (4)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip
Soap: Yaqi The Green

View attachment 75903

The SB-D plate is a winner for me - just like its brass counterpart. A nice easy shave this morning. The Yaqi soaps have performed admirably but the scents aren't for me.
I've switched back to the C for a little while, not quite sure if the D is just a little too much :)

Wednesday AM 2021-08-25
Paris liberated by the Allies on this date, 1944
AmXXKeS.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/48)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Rose Absolute Trilogy Hydrosol + Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes
Wilkinson Bonded System (10)
Mennen Skin Bracer

A great shave. The lather was fantastic, and it was scented beautifully by a few drops each of the rose hydrosol and Frank's aroma blend. The clean soothing of the Mennen rounded everything out very nicely.
YJEjm7v.jpg

FCF34DC4-DCEF-47A9-83D4-16951AD64AFA.jpeg

Face wash With Isle of Skye Soap Company Lemongrass soap
Extro Cosmesi Tabacco cream
Yaqi Rainbow synthetic brush
Claymore V1
Schick Proline (8)
Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented and Extro Cosmesi Tabacco aftershave/EdT

A new soap and aftershave set up this evening after a recent purchase.

A very light scent on opening the soap jar, which increases slightly when lathered. I’d say 4/10 tops on my scent-meter. Straightforward to get a nice looking and feeling creamy lather in the bowl with not much water needed, just a wet brush shaken once.

3 passes were fuss free with a nice cushion and glide. Rinsing between passes confirmed plenty of slickness.

Finishing off my normal routine with a few sprays of the matching aftershave/EdT confirmed I’ve made a good choice. I absolutely love this scent. This is more like a 8/10 to my hooter with my skin feeling rehydrated and BBS smooth.

Have a great evening folks!

E8BDD812-5F5C-4178-ADAC-C155D6E4CEA2.pngRazor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Feather ( 2 )
Brush = Shavemac 24mm 3 band badger
Soap = PAA Planet Phoenix ( Sample )
Splash = Skin Bracer
Balm = Nivea

Another Cracker of a shave today
PAA never seems to disappoint and the brush is just class.
hopefully i’ll get home sometime next month purely because i’m fed up using the same stuff.
never mind onwards & upwards

Sotd-25-08-21.jpg

This afternoon - the picture for @Satanfriendly - see end note.

razor - Twig - what else?
blade - Lodz Polsilver (5 and out)
brush - Simpson Special best badger
soap - Kent hard tallow - aka stealth MWF
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos Tabacco
balm - none needed
scent - The Essence Vault - 481.

All good - I shaved two days in a row - well done me. Continuing Twig testing - I'll do ten shaves with it - half way there - and then come to a conclusion. I'm pretty sure which way the verdict is going to fall though. The next five shaves might give me time to think of something negative to say. The - newish to me - small Simpson - 18mm knot - is continuing to open out a treat - it holds a surprising large amount of water for something of such diminutive stature. Lesson learned. Perfect for face lathering - precise and with a pleasant scritch. Enjoy - fellow shavers - one and all - wherever you are at in your journey - if at an early stage - don't worry - you'll get there - and it will give you back more than you put in - other than money, obviously. - I.

* the picture - Linnaean classification - genus - Wombilae - species - avunculi magni bulgaria - I couldn't find a glove-puppet of the extremely rare cross breed with gallus gallus . I tried my best - not a gif in sight? Thank - insert the name of your favourite deity. Access to a cornucopia of glove-puppets might sound a bit sinister but I would like to point out among my partner's myriad talents, is that she is a children's story teller. She has a cupboard full of them - all manner of things - Noah's fucking ark - except she has only one of each. Yes - I'll save you asking - she does have a beaver - always makes me laugh. Looking at the picture though - I think the caption might read: 'Great Uncle Bulgaria realised too late that munching all those pills Tomsk found on the Common might not have been the best idea.' 'Madame Cholet! - Madame Cholet - Leftfield now! - this could get heavy. I totally love all Wombles. Give me a hug Tobermory.' :) ;)

Last edited:
267F1094-7AB5-43D5-8ACB-F5A7D270AA67.jpeg

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub.

Pre: PAA unscented cube.

Soap: PAA future fiction.

Brush: ZENITH unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE

Razor: Tatara Masamune.

Blade: Voskhod

Another beautiful start to the day and I love this razor. Nearly as mild and unassuming as the hone but a little more efficient and manoeuvrable. I love the boar brush and am now a serious convert, thanks @donnie_arko for the all the advice!
I’ve come to the conclusion I need to try to lose a few more razors from the den as I’ve not used some of my favourites for quite a while and this is one of the keepers!

View attachment 75917

post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos Tabacco
balm - none needed

All good - I shaved two days in a row - well done me. Continuing Twig testing - I'll do ten shaves with it - half way there - and then come to a conclusion. I'm pretty sure which way the verdict is going to fall though. The next five shaves might give me time to think of something negative to say. The - newish to me - small Simpson - 18mm knot - is continuing to open out a treat - it holds a surprising large amount of water for something of such diminutive stature. Lesson learned. Perfect for face lathering - precise and with a pleasant scritch. Enjoy - fellow shavers - one and all - wherever you are at in your journey - if at an early stage - don't worry - you'll get there - and it will give you back more than you put in - other than money, obviously. - I.

* the picture - Linnaean classification - genus - Wombilae - species - avunculi magni bulgaria - I couldn't find a glove-puppet of the extremely rare cross breed with gallus gallus . I tried my best - not a gif in sight? Thank - insert the name of your favourite deity. Access to a cornucopia of glove-puppets might sound a bit sinister but I would like to point out among my partner's myriad talents, is that she is a children's story teller. She has a cupboard full of them - all manner of things - Noah's fucking ark - except she has only one of each. Yes - I'll save you asking - she does have a beaver - always makes me laugh. Looking at the picture though - I think the caption might read: 'Great Uncle Bulgaria realised too late that munching all those pills Tomsk found on the Common might not have been the best idea.' 'Madame Cholet! - Madame Cholet - Leftfield now! - this could get heavy. I totally love all Wombles. Give me a hug Tobermory.' :) ;)

Good to hear the twig & special are doing the business for you (y)

Thu 26 SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Aqua Velva Musk
Good quality lather from the soap!
Some of the best shaves can be from unassuming razor such as this and paired with the blade + a shim gives a smooth and comfortable 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish.
20210826_090713.jpg

SOTD : 26th August 2021.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : HWF Lanolin Original Shaving Soap with Cedarwood & Patchouli Essential Oils.
Blade: Mers SuperShave X Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 34c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Pashana Original ASL./Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another wonderful performance from the Merkur 34c /SuperShave X Platinum duo which have paired together wonderfully with each shave.

The HWF Lanolin shaving soap i bought from ebay as a blind buy birthday present to myself last year which turned out to be a magnificent shaving soap. Since the success of the HWF lanolin cedarwood & patchouli original formula the two new formula's that Ratna or should i say Dr.R. Tantra has created are superb.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

View attachment 75917

post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos Tabacco
balm - none needed

Poor old Uncle Bulgaria hasn't been overground since he was attacked by a flock of fearsome Psittacula krameri

Back
Top Bottom