SOTD : Saturday 2 July - Friday 8 July 2022.

03/07/2022

Razor: ATT Windsor SSRH
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 1 Super
Soap: Signature Soaps Capra Deva

View attachment 90025

What a difference compared to yesterday's soap. Nice natural scent with an excellent lather. My first use of Brian's goat's milk base and I'm impressed. Brian is clearly one of the good soap makers!
Cheque in post Chris!!

mu84n9U.png

Monday 07.04.22
Pre - Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor - Timeless SLIM Edition Open Comb
Blade - Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Brush - Elite Razor Red/White/Blue 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Soap -Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Shaving Soap (Milk Steak)
Post - Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Aftershave Splash

Mon 4 SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM PTFE 12th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + Stirling Executive Man Splash
A wonderfully nice soap. Lovely scent and a dense creamy slick lather...top class!
The shave with this razor paired with the well-used blade was acceptable...kinda scrappy, but surprisingly good result. 3passes for a dfs finish without any issues. The blade will be retired. The aftershaves were terrific!
20220704_114143.jpg

SOTD 04-July
20220703_095138.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: HAGS Resurrection
Razor: Blackland Era SB (5)
Blade: Feather HS (2)

Decent shave, first run with the resurrection soap. The smell off the tub didn't grab my attention, in lathering the scent seemed to improve but again not one that wowed me. I also had to work particularly hard to get a workable lather, I used similar amounts as I might with B&M or A&E and it just didn't come together. I'll pile more on next time and see how it goes.

Finished off with the AS, now this was a massive improvement, the scent much better and more in line with what I was expecting. I'll see how the next run goes but as a first outing with HAGS it doesn't make me itch to go reaching for my wallet to get more.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Monday

Reverse of yesterday's shave with the the Brit flare tip being used on the left and the USA one on the right. No picture needed, look at yesterday's.

Exactly the same set up with Signature Britannia - why change a good thing!

Virtually identical shave!

The Brit one has it by a nose! Literally! The only difference being the slightly slimmer profile making the Brit one easier to do under the nose. Super shave from either!

Have a great day folks!

291781929_455194192611878_2593629302884824855_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)

Nice to pull the Speedmaster out of the cupboard. Fresh inoffensive workday scent. Everything else worked well together.

View attachment 89958

Pre - Shave – Proraso Green
Soap – Proraso Green
Brush – Vie Long synthetic
Razor – Blackbird
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue )
A/S & Balm – Proraso Green

I was all set for the Rockwell 6C today but the Blackbird caught my eye as soon as I opened the drawer. I literally couldn’t see passed it and being such a pleasure to shave with made it a very easy reach.
Beautiful feel, super efficient, fantastically comfortable and with this blade a combo that’s right up there with my best.
A classic Proraso shave is a reminder why the brand has been around for 70 plus years. No frills, no nonsense, just great performance and value. Another combo that’s hard to beat in anybody’s language.

Enjoy your weekend and enjoy your shaves.
Your right about Proraso brilliant stuff. On a recent trip to Italy all the barbers were using Proraso

SOTD 04-July
View attachment 90035
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: HAGS Resurrection
Razor: Blackland Era SB (5)
Blade: Feather HS (2)

Decent shave, first run with the resurrection soap. The smell off the tub didn't grab my attention, in lathering the scent seemed to improve but again not one that wowed me. I also had to work particularly hard to get a workable lather, I used similar amounts as I might with B&M or A&E and it just didn't come together. I'll pile more on next time and see how it goes.

Finished off with the AS, now this was a massive improvement, the scent much better and more in line with what I was expecting. I'll see how the next run goes but as a first outing with HAGS it doesn't make me itch to go reaching for my wallet to get more.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
What’s your thoughts on the Hags mate & the Guinness Base ?

Back
Top Bottom