SOTD : Saturday 2 July - Friday 8 July 2022.

IMG_1343.jpg

I have a number of expensive razors but when I use my Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353, I wonder why I bought them. Acquisition is fun, of course, so is shaving with this wonderful, under-appreciated razor.

It’s on the mild side but easily efficient enough, even with a middle of the road blade like the Med Prep. Four days growth was gone in two passes, and it dealt with the tricky areas on my neck far better, and with less drama or irritation, than some much more expensive and “aggressive” razors. Yes Rex Envoy, I am looking at you!

I should use the 1353 more often. Similarly the soap, the Sea Citrus is fresh, citrusy and initially lathered too foamy but keep at it and a luxurious, creamy lather develops. The Bart’s Lime balm, sadly nearly finished and no more coming, was an ideal match for the scent.

This was the perfect BBS shave.

Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Soap: Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush: Simpson’s Milk Churn
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: Bart’s Lime Balm
Bowl: Face lather

Saturday, 2 July

PreShave: Warm to hot water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade GSB (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucris

A great three-pass shave with my usual Saturday setup, and a GSB blade. I am really starting to like them—will have to order a few (dozen) more. Have a good remainder of the weekend, folks.

Sotd-02-07-22.png

Karve Overlander alu (no longer on loan.:love:)
Treet DuraSharp carbon (4)
ShedEleven walnut Maggard's silvertip (on loan)
Novus Spice
warm water, witch hazel
Novus Spice a/s.

Fantastic. First use of the Novus Spice that I was very generously gifted - the scent is sensational. Old Spice with a side order of Terry's Chocolate Orange. Great. The splash goes on nicely, leaving a good skin feel. I'm impressed. Shave well all - saludos - I.

Thank you both - @Crossan @Boycie83

Hot flannel and Magno.
Gillette Tech, Voskhod (3rd and final)
SV Dolomiti and PAA Phantom Aerolite. Bio oil and Zara #Tobacco

Yeah that blade was better on #2 but no reason to push it to #4. The Tech can do nothing wrong really. For me it's a bit like a Honda bike though, it does its job perfectly through engineering excellence, effectively and efficiently with no surprises. However I don't ride Honda, and that's why I bought the Slim: also nicely engineered of course, but you can change it up for a bit more aggression. Yes, I can't fault the Tech but I would be bored if it was my only razor. I really should get my straights all stropped and ready, just haven't had time lately.

Anyway needless to say, a quality shave with the Tech and the slick and cushioning SV, and the refreshing more summery scent of the Dolomiti in place of my usual 'darker' warm spicy woody preferences.

Sorry, CBA to take a pic retrospectively!

Saturday AM 2022-07-02
Release date in 1990 of the Sega VR, the first virtual reality headset
gu5cRdo.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60))
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/UFO Titan Fine
Wilkinson London Bridge (3)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle aftershave
1T0ncVs.jpg

View attachment 89971

Novus Spice
warm water, witch hazel
Novus Spice a/s.

Fantastic. First use of the Novus Spice that I was very generously gifted - the scent is sensational. Old Spice with a side order of Terry's Chocolate Orange. Great. The splash goes on nicely, leaving a good skin feel. I'm impressed. Shave well all - saludos - I.

Glad you like it Iain.

View attachment 89971

Novus Spice
warm water, witch hazel
Novus Spice a/s.

The generosity of TSR forum members is second to none

Back
Top Bottom