SOTD : Saturday 2 July - Friday 8 July 2022.

SOTD : 2nd July 2022.

TSR.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (grated)
Blade: Personna PTFE SS. (D1.)
Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

(Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

(Tribute month to a great shaving Friend.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Starting the month off with as a tribute to a fellow shaving friend from TSD forum (US) who at the moment due to an adverse reaction to his medication he is now in an ICU. My thoughts are with him and family wishing him a speedy recovery.

Thanks to him In early January this year he kindly gifted me the Schick Type G Injector along with a Gem Featherweight SE razor, a fresh magazine of Personna PTFE SS injector blade & a few Ted Pella PTFE SS Gem blades, which gave me a great opportunity to venture and experience the wonderful world of vintage SE Injector Razors which have became my favourite shaving tools. Especially for dome/ head shaving.

So as a tribute to him i will be using the same soap brush, & both the Schick Type G, & Gem Featherweight SE razors for the remainder of the month. Starting with the Schick Type G Injector fitted with a fresh Personna PTFE SS blade.

An enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...The Schick Injector's are such smooth efficient razors.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 2 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock Puros Splash
Lovely tobacco-scented soap with good enough lather qualities...
An excellent razor for today's shave. Finally, a no-working weekend means not being in a hurry translating to a better finish. The matching aftershave amplifies the lovely aromatic scent...
20220702_115246.jpg

290508500_760169015121912_5676221459837068849_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Barocco
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (2)

Few days off the tools due to irritation from the Dorco blades. I've worked out that they came from my travel bag stash, and have been sitting in the damp for a while so I'm attributing it to that. Super Blue did a great job today though.
Another Saturday, another kids' party. Only this time it's my youngest's bash, so I can't even sneak out :rolleyes:;)

Today's shave:

rdt220702qwjys.jpg

- Noble Otter Monoi de Tahiti
- Omega "Veteran" EVO
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Feather blade
- Pure & Basic Fresh aftershave

:D

02/07/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #1
Blade - @andrew - Shavers delight
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk27 (1).JPG
I have decided to try to use Boar Bristle brushes only this month accompanied by the Proraso Green set (Well, until i get sick).
I find that a dip in warm water and shake out before loading, especially the Semogue brushes, stops them becoming lather hogs which seems to happen if i pre soak the brush. A great face lather today just dipping the tips and building the lather to the consistency required, Oh! i am also not too shy on the loading.
A really nice 2 pass shave with a touch up on the whirlpools giving me a really nice finish - just not quite BBS however close enough to leave it. The razor was singing during the shave, a lovely soundtrack.
I did get a little indication from the splash although it was fleeting.
I do find the "scummy" residue on the sink and razor from the Proraso soap a bit of a pain, however, the post shave Proraso products are really nice for my skin.
I'll see how i get on?
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
SOTD 54.jpg

Pre - Shave – Proraso Green
Soap – Proraso Green
Brush – Vie Long synthetic
Razor – Blackbird
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue )
A/S & Balm – Proraso Green

I was all set for the Rockwell 6C today but the Blackbird caught my eye as soon as I opened the drawer. I literally couldn’t see passed it and being such a pleasure to shave with made it a very easy reach.
Beautiful feel, super efficient, fantastically comfortable and with this blade a combo that’s right up there with my best.
A classic Proraso shave is a reminder why the brand has been around for 70 plus years. No frills, no nonsense, just great performance and value. Another combo that’s hard to beat in anybody’s language.

Enjoy your weekend and enjoy your shaves.

02/07/2022

Razor: ATT Windsor SSRH
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Brush: Alpha Bulldog
Soap: A&E Which One's Pink

20220702_100304.jpg

I hate A&E soaps. The guy that makes them is an utter cockwomble. How can an entire line of shaving soaps cause frag burn? Yes, I am also a cockwomble for buying these just because they were on offer, knowing they're shite because they're made by a charlatan (aka cockwomble).

To the BST it goes.

Remember - don't buy soaps made by cockwombles. Rant over. Have a nice weekend all.

Saturday 2nd July

Simpson Berkeley in Pure - Stirling Black Cherry - Katana/Durasharp - Bond Classic AS

I had no time to post yesterday...but it was pretty much the same setup anyway. I really like the Black Cherry The scent is quite potent and I can imagine that if I used Black Forest Gateau instead....I would have the same olfactory stimulation without the good end result! This soap was in fact the indicator that I had COVID in early 2020. One morning I could smell ......nothing!

Two passes and a touch up for a perfect result :)

I can have similar reactions to some Stirling soaps. I have a very mild A&E which I’ve just bought which is too mildly scented for my taste if you’d like to give it a try?
That's a very kind offer Lee but I've reacted to 9/10 of the soaps I've tried from him - no exaggeration. I don't like them and I'm kicking myself for the moment of weakness in buying the latest ones.

IMG_20220702_115044_1.jpg
SOTD 2 July 2022

Razor - Feather Artist Club SS non folding

Blade - Feather Professional

Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra

Brush and Bowl - Chisel & Hound 26mm silvertip - Captains Choice copper bowl

Post - Thayer's astringent

Frag - Mysore Sandalwood - Ajmal

A close and comfortable shave was had today, I find this blade improves after a couple of uses!

Enjoy your weekend chaps.

Paul.

SOTD 02-July
20220605_181528.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: Signature Soaps Valentia
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: GSB (3)

Excellent shave this morning, swift two pass for a very smooth irritation free finish. Love the performance on this soap and the scent is excellent.

So from an excellent shave to a dodgy self given haircut, I should really get my arse to a barbers rather than continuing to hack at myself with trimmers. I've already recouped the cost of them when purchased at the beginning of lockdown, I should really just stop being so Yorkshire and fork it out!

Ah well, lopsided but still refreshed and ready for the day ahead!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom