SOTD : Saturday 2 July - Friday 8 July 2022.

Sunday 3rd July

Simpson 'The Colonel' in Best - MdC Vetyver - Blackland Sabre/ GEM SS #5 - M&S Vetiver AS - Guerlaim Vetiver EDT

Out for a formal lunch later with former colleagues in the Defence Medical Services so a 'Mission Critical' shave was required.

3 passes for a perfect result and some of the nurses will be more than welcome to a 'Face Feel' if they so desire!

YuuuuuC5AE0206-1A18-4AB5-8852-28CE9BB0FF41.jpeg
SOTD: 03/07/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 8th use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: OSP Herb Garden Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Soaked the brush over the last few days, it’s softened and bloomed nicely, a bargain little brush. The OSP is a lovely soap. The base is outstanding. I will I’d got more, however this formed a fabulous Sunday shave.
Enjoy your Sunday guys.

Sotd 03/07

Pre shave : PAA cube
Soap: Barrister and mann Seville omnibus
Splash: Barrister and mann Seville
Balm: Barrister and mann
Edp: Barrister and mann Seville
Alum bloc
Brush: alpha outlaw synthetic
Bowl: wet the face
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Gillette nacet 2nd use
1st pass setting 5
2nd pass setting 4
3rd pass setting 2

Went for a 3 pass shave this morning got a weeks growth and decided to go full Seville really like the scent on this soap and the the performance is top drawer really nice and dense lather also I decided to use the Rex again being getting really good shaves lately with it so paired it with a gillette nacet had a great shave but I think I prefer a permasharp in the Rex all in a great way to start a Sunday
20220703_103606.jpg20220703_104022.jpg

Never mind the kids, you had me at a keg of Warsteiner. I used to live on wobbly in the army in Germany, that and Paderborner. Happy days when every local town had its own brewery and you could buy a crate of the local brew for 20 deutchmarks and get 15 Deutschmarks back from them when you returned the crate and empty bottles. I seem to remember at the time in the early 1990’s it was 3 Deutschmarks to the pound. You can do the maths. British Army of the Rhine, the 3rd Russian Shock Army never stood a chance.
Having done 2 postings in Herford, it was Herfy or wobbly for me! That and Bacardi, seeing as that was only about 12p for a double!

Sunday's shave

Comparison of the 2 flare tips, the Z3 USA and the one made in UK, 1950s, so around a similar age.
On first inspection, you can see the Brit one has a lower profile head and the silo doors are flush with the centre bar. The USA handle is a little fancier and the tip doesn't move up and down as per the Brit one. The Brit one weighs in at 59g, a single gram heavier.

I decided on a Perma sharp blade for each razor and had a super creamy lather from the Britannia soap.

Performance wise, they're pretty much identical, although a second outing is needed to ensure that it's just let left side of my face having a different growth pattern and possibly being a little more coarse than the right side, so I'll use the Brit one on the left tomorrow.
The main difference is under the nose. The Brit one having a slimmer profile does the job just that little bit better.

Attachments

• IMG_20220703_103959__01.jpg
    IMG_20220703_103959__01.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220703_103810__01.jpg
    IMG_20220703_103810__01.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 9
Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( D )
Blade = Polsilver ( 3 ) Polish
Brush = Simpsons T3
Cream = TOBS Eton College
Aftershave = TOBS Eton College
Balm = Baxter Of California
C395CA12-DF9F-460C-AA83-1DDC244DF636.jpegA truly wonderful relaxing sunday shave
i was starting to steer away from creams for a while but this one changed my mind.
The Scent for me is top drawer.
Last shave here in Norway as i’m home tomorrow thankfully.
Can’t wait to get home as i have a good few goodies to come home to.
I couldn’t sleep last night for thinking about what my next shave is back home lol sad but true.
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

Sunday AM 2022-07-03
National Mirror Day
WBjHoCG.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson London Bridge (4)
Penhaligon's Lords aftershave (vintage)
aULTJW1.jpg

03/07/2022

Razor: ATT Windsor SSRH
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 1 Super
Soap: Signature Soaps Capra Deva

20220703_185942.jpg

What a difference compared to yesterday's soap. Nice natural scent with an excellent lather. My first use of Brian's goat's milk base and I'm impressed. Brian is clearly one of the good soap makers!

Sun 3rd July

Alpha G4 Syn 26mm
Arko stick - grated
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 4 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Another day away so once more The Evo came out. Quick assured Shave and ready to make sandwiches, shower, check kit. Nice that I have a lift today for a change.

9B0D7A92-D7A0-44FE-BBF8-1E625DF19D0F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom