SOTD : Saturday 2 July - Friday 8 July 2022.

Sotd-04-07-22.png

RazoRock Lupo alu
Gillette Aussie Spoiler (2)
ShedEleven silvertip
Palmolive cream
warm water, witch hazel
Vitos tobbaco
Floid balm.

Thought to sneak in a final shave with the loaner Lupo before returning it. Although it is a bit too assertive for everyday use for me - if there is something there to cut, it does it very well indeed. It might not be so good for the less experienced shaver - at just 51 grms the temptation to think that you need to apply extra pressure might be a problem unless it is second nature to avoid doing so. All in all - a fun razor to use.

Shave well - I.

56yU8gR.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch (tallow)
Razor: Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Blade: NOS Iridium Super BN-84 (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Pitralon Classic Aftershave Lotion
Scent: SMN Melograno EdC

Great soap.

A first entry on to this week's SOTD's? Just as you were wishing I was gone I raise my ugly head (and a very ugly one at that) once again. Everyone needs a bit of devilment in their lives. So this one arrives with the theme, 'Rammsteined out'

20220703_183059.jpg

Du hast - Ikon B1
Ich will - Polsilver Lodz
Mein teil - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Keine lust - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
Mutter - Simple moisturiser
Du riechst so gut - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

'Is he back again?'
'No!'

Have I grown a beard?
Have I left TSR and gone elsewhere?
Have I decided to practice my profanities on a more appropriate swearing forum?
In fact fucking none of the above
I blame these chaps....

20220704_094031.jpg

20220630_192301.jpg

A semi-retirement present from my wife and so we spent a few days away in Cardiff then Aberystwyth. Both wonderful places. Concert wise it was the simply the loudest I have ever been to and certainly the most spectacular on the theatrical show front. A super few days away. And yes, I did shave and yes, I did swear a lot.

Aberystwyth? A lovely calm after Cardiff and a most beautiful little town to be calm in.

And drinking? An awful lot.

So although not my first true shave of the new week, but the first I could be bothered to write up. Throw a few good old friends together and a party will always prevail. And this was one of those great shaving parties.

The Ikon will always be a first class performer (the first at the party to run a naked around the streets and get arrested). The Fawcett's, that trusty old stalwart who manages to keep his clothes on and the last one to leave and the AP being the Fawcett's best mate. The Polsilver was on its last legs but managed to see things through to the end. Jolly good show Mr.Lodz, jolly good show.

So a wonderful shave to welcome me back to 'The Pool' and a good start to a few days working on this 'step towards full retirement' jaunt.

Have a great week you lovely people and as much as I love Rammstein, I love you all just as much..... nearly

German industrial metal or whatever what would the music world be like if it wasn't for Japanese girly bands? And over to the next live act I have tickets for in September

600D813C-A5BC-4132-83A3-A91A3F2F014C.jpeg
SOTD: 04/07/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Menrock Black Pomegranate Cream
Aftershave: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

So close to moving it on but today was quick, effortless and BBS, so why would I? This cream smells fruity and beautiful, and this aftershave is fantastic. Looking forward to my 3 days of plain and simple shaving.

View attachment 90059
SOTD: 04/07/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Menrock Black Pomegranate Cream
Aftershave: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

So close to moving it on but today was quick, effortless and BBS, so why would I? This cream smells fruity and beautiful, and this aftershave is fantastic. Looking forward to my 3 days of plain and simple shaving.
Inspect Will Smith GIF

Looks like a silvertip to me

Monday 4th July

AM-JKLW7K9zfE8VE-VrpYyxP4p8x4ppvqJSRVbyv5NYuox-TTQz0FrzEb5wfMtr3_uLrmNT8QKCm3Z_sVrTd6AJKxIo1a-bxS7jS78z8vHwIB0YcxMF3LXToKTkEIBfGIWgPc5suX-NVxCc5_X1LLg_QEtWe6Q=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Cuticura Mildly Medicated (Vintage) Shaving Stick (Grated)
HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Labs Exfoliating Razor & Gillette Labs Cartridge (11)
Pashana Original (Vintage) Aftershave

Happy 4th July! (Splitters!)

First proper go with my newly acquired (and grated) Cuticura shaving stick, which is billed as mildly medicated, advertised as chlorophyll green when in fact dark green/blue in colour and with a curious scent that puts me barely in mind of the medicated statement but for want of any other description, I'll go with that. Colour and scent may be a little off, as I believe this is from the 1960s and so ... waking up after some 50 to 60 years!

In many respects it puts me very much in mind of Wilkinson Sword shaving stick and perhaps one morphed into the other. In use, thick lather. Thick and doesn't pull up into volume, but remains thick. Thick. Good glide, good shave. Again, very much akin to the Wilkinson Sword shaving stick.

@Mike Smart

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom