SOTD : Saturday 2 July - Friday 8 July 2022.

SOTD - 05.07.22
Soap – Blackship Dicey Pete
Brush – Sagrada Familia
Razor – EJ 3ONE6
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue ) (2)
A/S – Faberge Aquatonic
Balm – Lea 3in1

SOTD 55.jpg

Soap – Yaqi Musketeer Rapier (sample)
Brush – Razorock Bruce 24mm
Razor – Rockwell 6C (#4)
Blade – Astra SP
A/S – Floid MV
Balm – ADP Colonia Intensa
EDP – Bentley Absolute

That was beautiful. Very smooth, comfortable and close.
I put one of these Astras in the R41 not so long ago and had a lovely shave with it. Same again today in the Rockwell. I’ve only got one tuck of these from a sampler I got way back when I started with DE and for whatever reason I’ve completely overlooked them over the years. The last couple of shaves have really opened my eyes to them and regards comfort / performance / cost ratio they’re great value for money so I duly ordered some more.
The Yaqi ( MSC ) soap is lovely and no mistaking the Aramis vibe which I really enjoy. No Aramis currently in my fragrance cabinet but a mix of ADP Colonia balm and Bentley Absolute EDP was a very complimentary pairing to top off a great shave.

I got a 4th shave out of the Wilkinson Sword blade in my Slim today. I wasn't expecting it to be worth pursuing but it started well and ended well. Same routine, hot flannel and Magno gave wash, then Ach Brito Musgo. I decided to use up a scent I'm indifferent about and maybe add interest to the unscented but slick soap, so I soaked the puck in X-Bolt. Meh. Nothing too exciting but the shave was close and comfortable. I face lathered using the Phantom Aerolite which is pretty big and floppy but holds a ton of lather. Took my time paying attention to angle and pressure, and it paid off. Then to continue the summery blue theme, I liberally splashed my phisog with Benjamin's blue Bay rum. Mentholation for the nation. Yeah, a decent start to an OK day.
20220707_194250.jpg

Last edited:
Razor = 1948 Gillette Superspeed
Blade = Vintage Gillette Super Silver ( 1 )
Brush = 750 Rubberset & 18mm Boti Pure Badger
Soap = OSP Old Gold with matching splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
736C1918-5FCD-4231-AE89-C4F124DB28A1.jpegHomage To Old Spice Day 3

Absolutely Top drawer shave tonight.
The superspeed with the super silver was a great combo.
The Brush was a little project i had & it’s turned out nicely although iv still to finish the lettering.
It’s the first time using it & genuinely didn’t think i would like a brush so small but i do have a couple of Rooney’s that size and completely forgot about them.
I know Purw badger isn’t the best but i thoroughly enjoyed it, A slight bit scritchy but that’s to be expected especially on its first outing.
A loved mixture of old & new & another first class shave.
Whether i shave tomorrow remains to be seen as i think the dish could do with a rest.
Anyway Lads onwards & upwards
Stay Safe

Last edited:
And for today the chosen theme for my shave (by an electoral majority) is , 'Resignation'

And the results of the vote of confidence are in.........

20220706_195620.jpg

20220706_195939.jpg

As voted by the people - Stainless Mongoose
As not voted by the people - Tatara Nodachi
The chosen blade - feather Super Professional
Most votes - Signature Soaps Novus Spice
Elected moisturiser - Simple
And the winner is..... - Abatte Y Mantia Krokus splash

Good afternoon everybody,

It is clearly the will of The Shaving Party that I should no longer be their chosen leader. That is the choice of the party members. All one of them. Me.

Hence I feel my position is no longer tenable and against my better wishes I hereby tender my resignation as Leader/Vice leader/Chair/Vice chair/Whipped Chief/Secretary in a state/Minister for razors, razor blades, brushes and soaps/Tea lady/ and General dogsbody of The Shaving Party. This was as directed after careful deliberation by the one member (me) of the 2022 committee (Formerly known as the 2001 (a space oddity) committee which ceased after it was decided 2001 wasn't that odd after all)

I want to say to the one person who voted for me in 2016, the one voting for the first time, thank you for that incredible mandate, the biggest Shaving Party majority since 2016 and the biggest share of the vote since 2016. A masterful feat on its own merit.

During this time this party has delivered not only BREXIT (Bristles Removing Exercise In Traditionalism) but we have also become the fastest growing beards in the whole of the G-spot 7. And the fastest at removing them. We stuck firmly by and delivered on our manifesto promise of less beards, more lather and stood against the ill intentions of The Bearded Monster Raving Looney Party. We have delivered one great shave after another and introduced the welfare benefits of Japanese girly bands. No longer will the world be devoid of Beavers from Otoboke and no longer will people say Tsushimamire.... who? We are proud of our achievements and even prouder of our non-achievements.

However I have not been completely honest with you and after a lack of media attention or pressure I feel it is only correct to admit, I am in fact a bearded lady called Frank.

Under these circumstances I can no longer remain as head of The Shaving Party and under the rules as laid down by the 1812 (Overture and underture) committee it is the party's intention to start the process of looking for a new, more tonsurally dynamic party leader with more integrity and less of a beard. Being as there is only one enrolled member......

Don't vote for me
Vote me
Don't vote for me
Vote me

Thank you

Intentions at the start of this shave was to use the Nodachi, but being as I'd used it for most of this past week and being too idle to bother with taking my time with diddly little DE blades. I took the easy route of speed and efficiency and went with the Mongoose. Job done in a matter of minutes as against to hours. Team lather doing a great job.

A big smiley happy face in a shorter time than it takes to hold a ministerial position at the moment.

Hope your days are great and your shaves every bit the equal. And why not? Let's have some of those Beavers from Otoboke

Last edited:
Thursday 7th July

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Cuticura Mildly Medicated (Vintage) Shaving Stick (Grated)
Wilkinson Sword Synthetic Shaving Brush
Wilkinson Sword Hydro Advanced System
Skin Protection Advanced Cartridge (12) < Removed gloop pod strip
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Wilkinson Sword synthetic, you say?

AM-JKLXBx_jATuTbafguigAbvLfvHz86TXh--V3KNEImOZDm7NBoSXwhK48pklFPhr2Kmx1D-cshKWvecQEGwZZygChfyiCTD67Dvk62l5aD3WSBbIQRu7G2ob3uUuIuK_d4BMDivDZ6ZPCy01pnHPw1oD_pqQ=w500

07/07/2022

Razor: ATT Windsor CH1
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: MdC Fougere

20220707_211557.jpg

I get to pop my CH2 Manchurian cherry tonight thanks to @Crossan . The Simpson's Manchurian hair grade has always had an air of mystique to me - despite the description of the face feel not sounding like my preferred type. I finally got to try the hair type when I purchased a Captain 2 Manchurian. As expected, I did not get on with it. A sane man would have stopped there. The only Chubby missing from my collection is a Manchurian. It calls me. It's a lot of money to drop on a brush I'm probably not going to get on with. Still, it calls me. Recognising my distress, Marc aka Crossan, has come to my rescue with a kind loan to see, finally, if I 'need' this type of brush.

Initial impression: it's nicer than the Captain 2 I had but I currently still prefer the Super and SiLVERTiP. I'm going to give it a couple more goes. Thanks again @Crossan

CDC1890B-9955-4B58-8870-6581B449418F.jpeg
SOTD: 07/07/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Tiger Platinum, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Aftershave: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Fri 8 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Brush Yaqi Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershave TGS Abysso Splash
Nice enough soap & matching splash with a pleasant scent and good lather qualities...
Today's razor, after putting it through the full-pasted balsa progression was really keen...maybe too keen, but still smooth enough though for 3passes without any issues for a mixed result...
20220708_092327.jpg

SOTD 08-July
20220705_130042.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: HAGS Resurrection
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Good performance from the soap and splash today, one more use tomorrow. I personally wouldn't buy the resurrection again, it isn't so far against my normal scents that it would be destined for the BST. I would potentially consider some of the other flavours but we'll see.

Good irritation free smooth finish, ready for Friday to be done with and the weekend to kick off.

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

8 July

Signature Soaps Leodis
Cadman M55
Rex Ambassador
Gillette Silver Blue
Signature Soaps Leodis splash

C5EC78D2-CB64-416F-A031-45C17B6D6842.jpeg
Finishing the week with the same blade as I started it, and the GSB blade is still smooth and sharp in the Rex. A very pleasantly scented two pass shave this morning, and I was smooth and ready for the day ahead.

w0A9QgE.png

Friday 07.08.22
Pre - Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor - Stirling Stainless DE Razor, Standard Head, Dallas Handle
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum
Brush - AP Shave Co. 24mm 2BED Ruby Ripple Handle
Soap - Noble Otter Firefighter Limited Edition Shave Soap
Post - Noble Otter Firefighter Limited Edition Aftershave Splash

Slowly getting the correct angle dialed in on this razor. DFS in one pass (WTG) with no issues. Not a bad deal for $70. USD plus shipping.

08/07/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - Blackland ERA L3
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green

Wk27 (7).JPG
Very nice, i find the ERA such a smooth razor.
I would like to try SB plate #4 if one hits BST. I can wait ;).
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Back
Top Bottom