SOTD : Saturday 2 July - Friday 8 July 2022.

Wednesday 6th July

Soap • LPL Cologne Fouge're
Brush • Yaqi Rocks
Razor • Parker InjRzr
Blade• Schick Twin (6)
Post • Brut Original Aftershave

@Digimonkey

I got a usable lather from this LPL soap tonight - not the creamiest/thickest, but just good enough. There was loads of it though, like it hadn't quite got past the proto-lather stage.
The shave itself was surprisingly comfortable, despite the sub-par lather.
What other Post shave? . . .The great smell of Brut !

@culcreuch Brian, having checked the dispenser, the blade is indeed a Schick ll Twin.
I don't recall having any problem loading the blade.

Ryg1ckf.png

Thursday 07.07.22
Pre - Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor - Stirling Stainless DE Razor, Standard Head, Dallas Handle
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum
Brush - Reknotted Vtg. Rubberset 20mm Maggard Synthetic
Soap - Ethos Grooming Essentials Mélange d’agrumes Premium Shave
Post - Ethos Grooming Essentials Mélange d’agrumes Skin Food Splash

After the first shave with Stirling Stainless, it has become my new favorite DE razor. The fit of the parts is perfect. But, he polished finish still shows way too many tool marks. The shave, however, was amazing. Lots of blade feel, so I rode the cap a lot in the beginning. The Stirling easily mowed down three days' growth. For such an efficient razor, the shave was pretty smooth, and left me with BBS after two and a half passes

Thu 7 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershave Ariana&Evans Kaizen Splash
The soap and matching splash is just terrific! Nice scent and a rich creamy and slick lather...beautiful!
Today's razor edge after balsa/Kanayama strops feels really nice...keen and smooth in 3passes without any issues for improving dfs-ccs-sas results.
20220707_113328.jpg

291837256_538929311351213_1725975527146712797_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Winner (2)

Early start, and it was nice to begin the day with a bit of Denim. Really good finish considering my bleary-eyed state!

SOTD : 7th July 2022.

july 1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (grated)
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D4)
Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

My shave's throughout the week with the Schick Type G/ Personna PTFE SS blade duo have all been close & comfortable...In my next week's SOTD's i will be using the Gem Featherweight.

If i had the choose a vintage SE razor as a daily shaver then a Schick injector would be it.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen :cool:

SOTD 07-July
20220705_130010 (1).jpg
Brush: C&H 'Amphora' V13
Soap: HAGS Resurrection
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (2)

Heavier loading of the resurrection and the lather was significantly better, just needed a touch more and a decent amount of thick slick lather was generated. Still not sold on the scent of the soap, it's not bad just doesn't wow me.

As before the AS makes up for it somewhat in terms of scent coupled with a decent performance. In general I'm not overly blown away, it's good but I think there are better. In terms of pricing it sits in a similar zone to MSC, I would probably say the MSC is better.

Standard caveats apply, this is just one man's opinion. You may completely disagree, I'm going to keep using this over the next few shaves and see if my experience changes.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Razor = Occam’s Oren
Blade = Pro Super ( 2 )
Brush = AP Shave Co Disco 24mm Two Band
Soap = Novus Spice By Signature
with matching Splash
Balm = Nivea Sensitive Daily

View attachment 90157
Old Spice Homage Shave 2

Again for me Brian has the knack of producing top drawer soaps & this one is no different.
At first i was a bit confused with the scent but once i got in to it i found it superb.
I reckon it’s difficult for a lot of manufacturers to replicate Old Spice but some get it spot on although some are a particular artisans take on it therefore not to similar.
This one for me is bang on with the modern citrus & cinnamon twist which is prevalent throughout.
A clear modern classic.
For me Old Spice is not all that, it’s not the holy grail so the modern takes on it these days are a true inspiration. Having said that i’ll be devastated if i ever run out of the original but i doubt that will happen in my lifetime.
Again another enjoyable shave with the Occam’s.
i might even use it for the rest of the week but knowing me i might get bored with that one lol.
Onwards & Upwards
I’m now looking forward to day 3
Stay Safe
Thank you Mike. I’m glad the balance of fragrances work well together. Best Regards Brian.

07/07/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - PILS 101 NE Std Matt
Blade - 7 o' Clock SP Black
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk27 (6).JPG
A lovely, comfortable 2 pass shave with some touch up on the whirlpools. I do like my PILS razors.
I have to be honest, i am enjoying the Boar Brushes and the Proraso Green, i am getting great lathers and i am not bored yet.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

7 July

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Simpson Duke 3
Karve Christopher Bradley
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

A981BEA2-E1A0-46A9-B9E4-11051883757F.jpeg
A close and comfortable morning shave. Two passes and I was done. The E plate on the Karve provides for a substantial blade gap, and yet it feels smooth and safe in use, working well with all the different blades that I use.

PS-Proraso
Brush-Jagger Bristle
Razor-Parker Variant*
Blade-London Bridge**
Soap-Signature Danum
AS-Thayers
AAS-Tea Tree Oil

*Was given this a year ago ago and despite loading a Feather blade I wasn’t impressed with the result especially a nick which is a rare occurrence after 50 years learning to shave. It went back in the also ran’s box until I dragged it out for a second round. Loaded with a London Bridge blade it performed very well wound up to the 5 setting and its an amazingly noisy razor.

**The last time I used these blades the first went into the yellow box after its second shave so I’m hoping this one will last a little longer. I never use DS blades more than 4 times and probably less as I change a blade if its been sat unused for a while.

Sotd-07-07-22.png

Karve Overlander alu
Gillette Aussie Spoiler (5)
ShedEleven silvertip
Palmolive stick
warm water, witch hazel
RR Santa Maria del Fiore.

@Paul L @culcreuch

Thank you both for the suggestions and comments regarding yesterday's post about the LPL soap. B. I note what you say about brush selection and I have the same Semogue as you used, so will give it a go some time. I'm supposed to be testing the Maggard knot at the moment so I don't have time to piss about with sniffy French soap. I just used a £2 Palmolive stick and it was superb with zero learning curve - my patience with the LPL will run out at some point soon. P. - I got to the same stage as you - copious proto-lather, big bubbles that would not thicken. Okay - it was still slippery enough to allow a comfortable shave but that isn't really the point. The smart money is still on sending it to the Amber Valley for severe corrective treatment being thrashed with a Yaqi synthetic. :)

- I.

Back
Top Bottom