SOTD : Saturday 2 July - Friday 8 July 2022.

Wed 6 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Britannia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Kamisori AC Shavette
Blade Feather Professional 6th use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash
Wow...super nice soap this @BrianH !! Pleasant refreshing scent with slight cooling. So creamy and super slick lather...perfect for this shave!!
Some of my best shaves are from this razor paired with this blade..wow! 3 silky smooth and efficient passes...the only time with a "straight" that I managed a bbs...The aftershaves were just as good too...
View attachment 90142
Thanks Richard. Take care and stay safe. Best Regards Brian

Sotd-06-07-22.png

Karve Overlander alu
Gillette Aussie Spoiler (4)
Frank Shaving two-band
LPL Apricot
warm water, witch hazel
LPL Apricot a/s.

Total shit - entirely due to the soap. It will not form a stable lather and that was its last chance. Destined for bath soap and reuse the tin for something that actually works. An expensive mistake I shall not make again. Cheers - I.

View attachment 90149

Karve Overlander alu
Gillette Aussie Spoiler (4)
Frank Shaving two-band
LPL Apricot
warm water, witch hazel
LPL Apricot a/s.

Total shit - entirely due to the soap. It will not form a stable lather and that was its last chance. Destined for bath soap and reuse the tin for something that actually works. An expensive mistake I shall not make again. Cheers - I.
Their Cologne Fouger'e is the same, Iain.
It is as you say, an expensive mistake/bath soap

Their Cologne Fouger'e is the same, Iain.
It is as you say, an expensive mistake/bath soap
Not just me then mate? I see people using LPL commonly and they don't seem to have an issue. Maybe I got a bad batch? Shame, it smells great. Oh well - I was going to offer it to you to see if you could do any better with it but it sounds like you have already found out for yourself? :)

- I.

Not just me then mate? I see people using LPL commonly and they don't seem to have an issue. Maybe I got a bad batch? Shame, it smells great. Oh well - I was going to offer it to you to see if you could do any better with it but it sounds like you have already found out for yourself? :)

- I.
Nice of you to think of me, mate.

The one I have has a nice scent too.
I have only once got a (half) decent lather from it, and it took an age to whip it up.
It seems to like lots of water adding when the proto lather has started to thicken up a bit.
Sod it - I'll give it a spin tonight to see if I can get it to perform !

Wednesday AM 2022-07-06
The first use of photo finish & automatic timing devices was on this date in 1912, Summer Olympics, Stockholm
qoBNjsQ.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes shaving cream
LASSC BBS-1/UFO Titan Fine
Wilkinson London Bridge (7)
Maurer & Wirtz 4711 aftershave
Ku4srEu.jpg

- I.
I have a few of them and I am afraid that I think they are BRUSH specific. Low density and high loft. I am sure Iain will understand when I say.....Scots heritage so I am a tight bastard and absolutely need some way to use it!

Razor = Occam’s Oren
Blade = Pro Super ( 2 )
Brush = AP Shave Co Disco 24mm Two Band
Soap = Novus Spice By Signature
with matching Splash
Balm = Nivea Sensitive Daily

9E0B2839-6F14-4B4D-B5DD-1A158DDF75CC.jpeg
Old Spice Homage Shave 2

Again for me Brian has the knack of producing top drawer soaps & this one is no different.
At first i was a bit confused with the scent but once i got in to it i found it superb.
I reckon it’s difficult for a lot of manufacturers to replicate Old Spice but some get it spot on although some are a particular artisans take on it therefore not to similar.
This one for me is bang on with the modern citrus & cinnamon twist which is prevalent throughout.
A clear modern classic.
For me Old Spice is not all that, it’s not the holy grail so the modern takes on it these days are a true inspiration. Having said that i’ll be devastated if i ever run out of the original but i doubt that will happen in my lifetime.
Again another enjoyable shave with the Occam’s.
i might even use it for the rest of the week but knowing me i might get bored with that one lol.
Onwards & Upwards
I’m now looking forward to day 3
Stay Safe

Back
Top Bottom