SOTD : Saturday 1st January-Friday 7th January 2022.

Sunday 2nd January

AM-JKLXtytT1_I4nJQG6VMCNGBUYQ5RPATCkk5MUyPZV0QQk8yYto_SrVB-woLFmWs1JlCFRI_NHnl9h2T5YM9Zudlu1jdskbS4WKueQ9RtgaeX5X9bWY06gWFHkRmmU2JJbFBl0MViqUXoxFz-S49JEY0z7Rg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
EcoWarrior Shaving Bar (Grated)
Semogue SOC Taj w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Gillette Fusion3 FlexBall (Limited Edition) w/Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide (2)
Jade East (Vintage) Aftershave

Jade East is the archetypal citrus musk with a near anaesthetic sensation! Lovely aftersplash for the powdery sour EcoWarrior soap, which really is a damn sight better than it should be. Shame they've knackered it since.

Mon 3 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P on Yaqi Razzo Rocket SS Handle
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash
Superb soap qualities! Love the scent + the lather creaminess and slickness...
An excellent shave with a good razor paired with an even better blade. So smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome!
20220103_101404.jpg

03/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise
Soap - Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Feather Pro Blade (5)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 01 - 21 (3).JPG
A nice early shave today in a very quiet house on the last day of our festive break.
Another face lather, i seem to be preferring it to bowl lathering lately, the soap and brush combo providing a really nice, slick covering
2 passes only required resulting in a perfect finish.
Back to work tomorrow :(.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
SOTD 3-Jan
20220102_103444.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: NO Firefighter
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Proline (1)

Excellent shave this morning using the kindly gifted proline from @Scorpio93. Very smooth shave and excellent finish, I'll pop in a fresh feather tomorrow to see how it compares for myself.

So glad I got the vector, using this I don't really have any desire to go looking at more AC razors...have I avoided one rabbit hole? I can but hope as I haven't dodged any bloomin others!

Hope everyone has cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

270188734_920299025338758_1385695372220868423_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Bond Retro Style Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Tiger (2)

When I was gifted the Parker by @merchant_seaman almost a year ago, it was a big learning curve from the Shave Factory SF289 off of Amazon that got me started down this road. It's been sidelined increasingly by the superb Merkur 34, but today it popped up to show me why I loved it (and why I rated Tigers and Voskhods through it.) Different blade angle to the Merkur and not as intuitive, but a DFS was achieved. The Bond is an uncomplicated everyday scent and as I've stated previously the performance is great.

Themed 'A 5-Star General' this is my paltry offering for today's SOTD

20220103_090431-01.jpeg

General Patton - Stainless Colonial General
General Montgomery - Feather Super Professional
General Strike - Yaqi Dandelion
General Electrics - ADP Collezione Barbierre

A nice change and a return to those very sharp slivers of Stainless, the Super Professional. Forget all that, smooth, mild, forgiving, these are the bollocks. And would be quite happy to chop them off if you tried to shave your nads with them.

One small nick born out of stupidity (whereas I was born in to it) and one superbly close finish. Enough to bring about true grin value.

And the General? Five star all the way.

I told you to expect some more of these ladies so here they are again, TsuShiMaMire

Mon 3 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P on Yaqi Razzo Rocket SS Handle
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash
Superb soap qualities! Love the scent + the lather creaminess and slickness...
An excellent shave with a good razor paired with an even better blade. So smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome!
View attachment 82362
You must be getting a wit weiry now
how long before your home

Back
Top Bottom