SOTD : Saturday 1st January-Friday 7th January 2022.

The first shave of a new year and this one comes to you with the thematic title 'Semi retiree'

20220101_185949-01.jpeg

A Semi DE razor- Occams Enoch
A Semi DE blade - Feather Professional
A double sized semi brush - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Single cream - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

So midnight 31st December 2021 passed and not only did it bring in a new year, I also found myself being semi-retired. And for our American friends I am happy for you to mispronounce the word semi as sem-i.

I thought I would wake up as a jittery bad tempered old git with an incontinence problem, but then realised, I already am. Oh happy days though. Days where I can stand at the living room window with my rolled up 'Daily Mail' under my arm swearing and cursing at passers by and drinking endless cups of tea. Leading to more incontinence issues.

Phoar, show us some more leg sexy

Outside of ageing related chit chat this was a wonderful shave out with the Enoch. Having a bit of an aggressive stance I usually use a Titan mild with this razor but my gnarling old toughening skin doesn't need mild anymore, it needs face scraping. The Feather just ticks all the right boxes, a superb pairing and a smashing close shave was the result. Happy bunnies all round.

Have a most wonderful new year everyone and wherever you are, whatever you are doing, just always remember, I love you all

Have some Beaver

SOTD 02-Jan
20220101_120449.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti Chubby 2-Band
Soap: DG Apogee
Razor: Muhle R41 TI
Blade: GSB (3)

Decent shave this morning, still trying to get used to the weight though I think I found a decent balance. There is a very real chance that you could overdo it with having to exert a little pressure, before you know it you've gone just a tad too far.

Good finish and refreshed ready for another day entertaining the little one.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

IMG_0269.jpg

My first shave of 2022 was a good one. I matched the Treet platinum from an earlier shave with the Merkur 34C and was rewarded with a very smooth, pleasant shave. My soap sample was harder that I remembered, and is now quite old. This meant the scent was not that strong and I scooped it all out of the sample pot into my Captain’s Choice Copper bowl.

Here the Peregrino swirled up a very luxurious lather. Despite the mildness of the razor and the blade, I think I must have nicked a spot, as there was some claret spilled. Regardless it was a very enjoyable start to the year.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Treet Platinum (2)
Soap: Whickham Ninfeo di Egeria
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Pre-shave: Shower
Post-shave: Kouros
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

2 January

PAA Dapper Doc’s
PAA The Green Ray
Karve Christopher Bradley
Personna med prep
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

D1738D89-B0B0-40AA-A4D9-B07BB570397C.jpeg

I decided to switch blades in my two active razors yesterday and this morning the shave with the D plate was still very close but slightly less aggressive. I think my skin will want the C plate next shave, I think I need some mild razors in my life. The PAA combination of soap and brush was formidable, producing a fantastic rich lather. A very good shave.

Last edited:
Sunday, 2 January

PreShave: Warm water—from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Mekur 39C
Blade 7 O’clock Yellow (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 71/72

A good, three-pass Sunday shave—with SMN. Unfortunately I did not use enough cream (croap?) so the lather was bit thinner than I like, but nevertheless a good result. Have a relaxing remainder of the weekend, folks.

Sotd-02-01-22.png
Yesterday and this morning -

razor - Rockwell (plate 2)
blade - Treet carbon (1&2)
brush - Semogue 2015 HD badger
soap - MT Dark Beer No.1 paste
post - cold water
a/s - Myrsol Agua Balsamica
scent - ADP Leather.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favourite things.......

cheers - I.

Last edited:
7509F2D6-5B00-4A24-9807-82876F292191.jpeg

SOTD: 02/01/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Vida Puck
Aftershave: A&E Vida Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Was in a rush today and despite that it was a great close shave if not quite BBS. The razor, soap and brush all did a great job in at speed. I love the splash and it’s this dark citrus and tobacco scent. I can’t fault the entire shave I just wish it had lasted longer!
All the best guys!

Sunday AM 2022-01-02
Charles Douglass (inventor of the TV laugh track) birthday, 1910
2Rycfk1.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (4)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave

A great 'summer' shave on a grey winter day. The cream, although dried, made wonderful lather with a scent that for me is second only to custom Ethos Honeysuckle among the florals. The razor head and handle are my favorite combination, with perfect weight and balance.
ovION0J.jpg

Sunday 2nd January

Soap • Palmolive Stick
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express - Synthetic
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3 - Standard
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (7)
Post • N Locion Aftershave

Cheap and cheerful shave today.

Palmolive Stick is guanteed to deliver slick creamy lather every time.
Kai blade seven shaves in isn't showing any sign of dulling, and is still silky smooth.
N Locion Aftershave to finish - not too strong on scent, and the seaweed extract leaves the skin feeling supple and hydrated.

View attachment 82354
Yesterday and this morning -

razor - Rockwell (plate 2)
blade - Treet carbon (1&2)
brush - Semogue 2015 HD badger
soap - MT Dark Beer No.1 paste
post - cold water
a/s - Myrsol Agua Balsamica
scent - ADP Leather.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things.......

cheers - I.

My mums favourite film. (y)
I watched it not long ago, with a lump in my throat, for the first time in about 40 odd years.
Being about 13 at the time in West germany on a wet Sunday afternoon watching it was crap.
But being 57 watching it and remembering mum it was great. :love:
I think it has started raining here because my cheeks are a bit wet.

Back
Top Bottom