SOTD : Saturday 1st January-Friday 7th January 2022.

SOTD : 1st January 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
Blade: Sunny Supreme Stainless. (D1)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

New year's day shave.

Happy New Year to all members of TSR, wishing you all peace good health, happiness & contentedness for 2022.

Double maiden shave with the Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream and the Indian Sunny Supreme Stainless blade.

During the Christmas break i had a sort out in my shaving den and picked out various assortments that i have infrequently used in the past some i have yet to try out...Over the next month or even longer, i will be be using a variety of subcontinent DE blades along with an array of new shaving assortments that i got from myself family,& friends as Christmas presents.

Starting with the Sunny supreme stainless a new addition to my growing DE blade collection... Like a lot of the subcontinent DE blades they are not the sharpest of blades but are super smooth which is something i prefer over excessive sharpness in a blade.

I was curious to pair the Sunny SS with my FaTip Grande the verdict?...A great razor and blade duo, which in all honesty i wasn't sure if it would have worked but it did wonderfully, feeling comfortably smooth and efficient.

The Proraso Sandalwood Shaving cream provided a wonderful slick protective lather in a short space of time....I enjoy the fragrance of the cream which like the soap sibling isn't a 'In Your Face' scent but lingers during and after the shave.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups new year's day shave to start the year off in style...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and have a wonderful new years day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Hopefully things will get better with the COVID madness...Enough said. Yours-Barry.

Sat 1st New Year SOTD - Wishing all TSR Members a Happy New Year! Wishing all to be safe, be healthy & have great shaves!!
Soap The Los Angeles Shaving Soap Co Topanga Fougere
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
The soap is great! Just a little turns into a beautiful cone of creamy and slick lather with a nice scent too!
A very good shave with this razor paired with the blade. Easy, smooth, and very efficient in 3passes for a bbs result. Good aftershaves to go with it.
20220101_102432.jpg

SOTD 01-Jan
20211231_133658.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: Mammoth Santa Noir
Razor: Muhle R41 TI
Blade: GSB (2)

A mixed two pass with an old familiar in a new skin. A generous loan of the R41 Ti, previously I've only played with the standard. This feels like a completely different beast and despite a fair heads up that more pressure might be needed by @Scorpio93 I clearly didn't give it enough welly. A couple of skips gave me a swift reminder that despite the toy like weight this thing has teeth. With the lesson learnt for the second pass it swiftly mowed down any remaining offenders with no drama and fantastic efficiency. The second pass reminded me why I used to love this razor so much!

Hope everyone had a grand evening and has a great day!

Happy New Year

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt220101fdjj0.jpg

- Noble Otter Neon Sun
- Simpson "Commodore" X3
- Gillette Slim Twist with Feather blade
- Hâttric aftershave

:D Happy New Year, everyone!

01/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor - 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Blade - @Ulrik
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon
Wk 01 - 21 (1).JPG
I enjoyed that!
No issues whatsoever, i was using a very flat angle and the shave was just so smooth. 2 passes for a DFS+ result.
This Palmolive/Maca-root soap is so easy to lather and the SBB Silvertip made short work of the soap to produce a wonderfully creamy, clean scented protective covering.
I did get a little indication from the splash just under the chin but very happy with that.
Happy New year all,
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

3B1F778D-FF6A-41DC-9F5D-4CE80488D664.jpeg

SOTD: 01/01/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA High Jump 47
Aftershave: PAA High Jump 47 Aftershave
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm

A great shave to start the new year. The zenith whipped up my best lather yet, I need another boar! This scent is perfect for the autumn and winter months, warming and masculine, just like me!
The only thing better would have been using the 4 plate instead of the 3 but BBS regardless just took more work.
Happy New Year everyone!

Pre = Homemade Sandlewood Oil
Razor = Timeless Bronze
Blade = Astra Sp ( 1 )
Brush = The We Whisky Barrel 26mm High Mountain Badger
Soap = OSP Sandlewood with matching splash
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy
396380D9-E908-4F30-AEB0-070C3E2BCBAA.jpeg
What a difference a day makes 24 little hours
Sorry for the singsong lol but is there ever been a truer statement ?
I decided to go with the Timeless as i hadn’t used it in a long while and to be honest i won’t rush back.
Iv had a long hard think about soaps since i’m enjoying my time of work and iv decided that the OSP Sandlewood is one of the few soaps i think i wouldn’t like to live without
This is my desert island soap.
Three Years ago i wasn’t really in to the Astra but as time goes on i’m picking them up more & more,
They really are as smooth as people were telling me but i didn’t get it back then
still not my favourites though.
Overall a very good shave for my first of the year but not as good as my last of the year.
The Dury’s out on the Timeless for me.
Yes it looks like the most desirable razor out there but it certainly dosent shave like it looks
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads

Back
Top Bottom