SOTD : Saturday 1st January-Friday 7th January 2022.

Monday 3rd January

AM-JKLXcDfDBztNKfdPv-Z5MvmIWPH7oLTRq5PDZnLxkAsHtUgtJTInVDztyrthKuaCihpXyd3_QAm-Db7fBs__kLyPOW1xuHRD8Tatei7KTtD5t1eMSEsL-bmcY4nokWXUtNayFordnGmRaNRC7ZF7fFgVk-g=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Signature Soaps Britannia
Yaqi Dandelion w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power w/FlexBall
Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide (3)
Brut Splash-On

Pre = Home Made Oil.
Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Diamond Edge ( 2 )
Brush = Shavemac 26mm 2 Band Badger
Soap = The Rambler By Zingari Man with matching splash & balm.
View attachment 82381
Brilliant Shave today a straight 10/10
I keep harping on but it dosent seem to matter what blade i use with the 6s but i always get brilliant shaves.
... but it is worth saying the SuperMax Diamond Edge is a smashing blade! I believe it is the same as the Blue Diamond Platinum from the global range but for the Indian domestic market.

... but it is worth saying the SuperMax Diamond Edge is a smashing blade! I believe it is the same as the Blue Diamond Platinum from the global range but for the Indian domestic market.
Yeah they really are very good.
i didn’t hold out much hope when i first got them but they surpassed my expectations.
But it genuinely is different to find a bad blade with the angle of the rockwell.
I might even try the Rockwell blades again but they truly are awful

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Supply (dot 2 plate)
Blade: Personna (5)
Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
S Soap: Wickham 1912 - Shamrock Tweed

I persevered with the personna blade but things have not much improved. I still get wheepers. More than I'd like to. So no personnas in the Supply. I'll move over to dot 3 next for the grand finale. Its a good enough razor but there's just something I can't put my finger on. It lacks something...

The sample soap was a delight to use. It has the most clean refreshing scent out of everything I tried so far. ASB needs no introduction. One of (if not the) best balms ever.

Have a great first week of the year everyone!

SOTD.jpg

Pre: Shower
Razor: Blackbird
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw 28mm Two-band
Soap: Nuavia Blu
AB5FE120-0BE6-49F7-931E-6FF4414B8666.jpeg
An absolutely delightful shave.
2 x WTG, 1 x ATG, BBS+.
I don't know whether it's the coating coming off the blade, the extra pass WTG, me dialing in my technique with the Blackbird, or some combination of the three—that was one sweet shave.

Yeah i’m hearing you
i also get better sleep when i’m away but like you say i do miss taking certain things.
No matter what i take there’s always something i wish i had.
The last time i was away i went with samples only, it was a good idea at the time but i didn’t like it really.
saying that it’s a good way to learn a certain razor.
Good Luck with the rest of your trip & stay safe.
Remember to read your Toolbox Talk before you sign it lol :D
Thanks! Yup, I am more proficient with both the Feather AC clone razors now...easy and fast shaves with good results! The Karve SB-F plate too has become a better buddy with me...previously did not get good results plus a little uncomfortable. Toolbox talk, yes for sure need to read before signing... :D

Be Jeez. That's nearly more than my shaving gear in its entirety.

I would guess you don't join by helicopter then? Where in the world are you? One rig looks like any other to me
Thanks! I did travel here by helicopter. No issues with shaving gears. It's actually encouraged to be clean-shaven especially if one will be wearing a mask...either filter-type or BA type. As usual, most personnel hardly shave...except me... :D always clean-shaven and smell terrific ready to face the day. I'm in the Gulf of Thailand...;) Sawasdee Khrup!

Tue 4 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Lemon Lime Cedarwood
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather AC Clone Kamisori
Blade Feather ProGuard 11th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Lemon Lime Cedarwood Splash
Wonderful soap! A nice mild scent with thickly creamy and slick lather...very cooling properties too!
Just another excellent shave with this razor paired with the well-used blade. Easy, smooth, and still efficient enough...in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. The aftershaves were just numbingly cold, but I like it...hahaha!
20220104_113954.jpg

SOTD : 4th January 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Blade: Sunny Supreme Stainless. ( D1)
Razor: Merkur 34c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien X-Bolt ASL./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning return to work shave,

Since my reacquaintance with the Merkur 34c. i have been having some excellent shaves paired together with a fresh Sunny SS blade made my shave this morning a pleasant experience.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

270241569_2009554165873087_3565535894359780135_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Floris 89
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)

The only down side to this shave was how quickly the scent of the Floris dies away. After previously lathering from the puck I grated a portion into the Patum Peperium to see if that would help more scent come out in the lather. Still wishy-washy, but all other aspects were great. If these blades ever reappear on Amazon I'll be straight in there!

SOTD 4-Jan
20220103_101215.jpg
Brush: PAA Switchback Oumo Silk HMW
Soap: MdC Fougere
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional

Quick shave with a fresh feather professional to compare against the Schick. It was actually trickier to tell the difference than I thought it would be, the vector itself seems to offset some of the initial 'roughness'. So still a cracking shave, I may stick a super pro in and have a play as well. But it's back to the R41 Ti tomorrow to keep playing!

Hope everyone has grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Jan. 4, 2022

• Brush: Declaration grooming B11 28mm Snowblivion
  • Razor: Ever Ready 1912 made in USA
  • Blade: Personna GEM PTFE (8)
  • Lather: Lothur - Juice (sample)
  • Post Shave: Lothur - oregon (sample)
And the Ever ready is out again - well it's been out for past few days. Just that I was slacking with posting. Again.

Great and refreshing 3 pass shave. Lathered up with Lothur Juice - somehow it gives me a bit of vibe of Chiseled face Summer Storm - however with more greenery to it, especially once lathered up. B11 Snowblivion as always whipped up a great lather with no effort... Definitely want another DG brush at some point! Easy 3 passes - It does feel as if the USA version of ever ready is milder than British made one. WTG, ATG, XTG - all without any mishaps.

Tomorrow I'll grab the ATT SE2 again and give it another go... Not sure if it's just me or ATT razors don't seem as smooth of a shaver? Might try longer handle than atlas one (maybe will grab my iKon OSS if it fits?). At least my S2 didn't seem too smooth and similar case is with this SE2.

Back
Top Bottom