SOTD : Saturday 19th June to Friday 25th June 2021.

Yea, I don't know why I do what I do, everybody looks out his own window and everybody has got their reasons! :)

Paul.

When the Shavepocalypse happens you will look out of the window and seeing the hairy smelly unshaved oafs/London tourists walking about and you will look them with your bald cheeks smelling of cedar and patchouli and laugh a hearty Cornish laugh.

Friday Shave
Vacation mode on.

Razor: Chinese Half-DE ‘Kamisori’
½ blade: Permasharp
Brush: Alexander Simpson Trafalgar T1
Soap: D.R. Harris Almond (stick)
AS: Old Spice Captain

sotd_245.jpg

Haha can’t say I got a potato scent from it just a citrus but different to any citrus I’ve smelt before, glad you enjoyed the lather from it though and sorry your getting potatoes scent wise is that raw potato I assume like a starchy scent ?

If a potato was citrus it would smell like this.

It is not a bad thing by any means , just different

Very late for my shave tonight, but had a good 40 minutes to myself, sat and lathered for a while, then took my time over each pass. First time I've tried the Rapira blades and I'm not too enamoured. I'll see what they're like on their second run out, then give them a bash in the Merkur as a reference. Despite not feeling the love for the blade, still nice and relaxed ready to go into the weekend

Attachments

• IMG_20210625_230918__01.jpg
    IMG_20210625_230918__01.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 9
I am making my way up the learning curve with the AC SS as well. I also just recently tried the Lights in place of the ProGuards to see if that would be milder but I found the opposite. More irritation and mistakes with the Lights than the ProGuards. My theory was that I was accommodating for the lesser exposure with a steeper angle; which led to a rougher shave. When I went back to the ProGuards it was much more comfortable. I did give it a good run with the Lights and tried to concentrate on angle and placement but I think I will stick with ProGuards. Someone with better skills than I may have better luck.

Anyone tried the SoftGuards in an AC SS? They have the same exposure as the ProGuards and also have the potential for a milder shave.

I think you are absolutely right @Jenks
On Monday will be returning to the Pro Guards and make sure I'll finish the pack before trying another blade. So the Proshaves S will have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom