SOTD : Saturday 19th June to Friday 25th June 2021.

SOTD : 19th June 2021.

117.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Face Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade : Chinese Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor : Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB./Blue Stratos EdT.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave using the Chinese made Gillette London Bridge which i have had for while, but have only got round to trying them out....After my week with the Merkur 39c, i will be using the Parker 55SL with all my shaves to put the Chinese Gillette London Bridge blade through its performance paces.

The verdict? Amazingly good! one of the smoothest blades I've used paired together with the Parker 55SL...These blades feel comfortable sharp & smooth...I'm only one shave in granted, but feel as though these are going to become regular favourite in my blade rotation.

A very impressive maiden shave with the Chinese Gillette London Bridge.

A enjoyable close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a a few generous squirts of Blue Stratos EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Someone who enjoys his shaving.
I do enjoy my shaving now....Before i introduced myself to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving i despised shaving with a passion... Now i get enjoyment from it....Something i never imagined i would say in a million years...Enjoy your weekend. Yours-Barry.(y)

Last edited:
Sat 19 BOTR SOTD
Soap Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Another awesome lather from the soap. Richly creamy and very slick plus a good scent & cooling sensation...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs result without any issues. Good aftershaves.
20210619_140328.jpg

IMG_20210618_132553_4~3.jpg
Shave of the day 19th June 2021.

Razor - ATT Windsor Copper (Regular)
Blade - Gillette Bleue #5.
Shave oil - Refinery.

A great shave was had using shave oil, no soap, no brush, just a few drops of Refinery shave oil rubbed into the stubble / skin on each pass.
Probably the best shaving oil I have ever used, it does exactly what it says on the box and one of those things were the stubble won't stick to the edge of your blade like all the others I've tried, just rinse under tap and stubble has gone!
It left my skin feeling soft and supple but not oily!
I can see this oil getting plenty of use, so easy and quick but above all a wonderful shave can be had using it, razor and razor blade required also! :)

Let's be careful out there!

Paul.

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt210619k7j0o.jpg

- Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk
- Maggard "Green Haze" 2-Band
- Mühle Hexagon with Feather blade
- Wilkinson Classic aftershave

:D

SOTD : 19th June 2021.

View attachment 71926

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Face Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade : Chinese Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor : Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB./Blue Stratos EdT.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave using the Chinese made Gillette London Bridge which i have had for while, but have only got round to trying them out....After my week with the Merkur 39c, i will be using the Parker 55SL with all my shaves to put the Chinese Gillette London Bridge blade through its performance paces.

The verdict? Amazingly good! one of the smoothest blades I've used paired together with the Parker 55SL...These blades feel comfortable sharp & smooth...I'm only one shave in granted, but feel as though these are going to become regular favourite in my blade rotation.

A very impressive maiden shave with the Chinese Gillette London Bridge.

A enjoyable close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a a few generous squirts of Blue Stratos EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

The new MIC Gillette's really are excellent.

Sat 19th June

Stirling Syn. 26mm
MWF
Occams Enoch
Kai CT Protouch MG [ 3 ]
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

After using the Kai guarded blade in the Raster V2 for a while I decided to retry it in The Enoch. I quite like the feel of the Enoch despite its thin handle, but I prefer both the Raster/Excalibur with a chunkier handle.
The quality of the Shave was let down for me, by my inability to get the upper lip/nostril area as clear as I have done with The Raster V2. Need some more practice in that area to get things better.

IMG_1536.jpg

I do enjoy my shaving now....Before i introduced myself to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving i despised shaving with a passion... Now i get enjoyment from it....Something i never imagined i would say in a million years...Enjoy your weekend. Yours-Barry.(y)
To enjoy something we have to do so often and to turn it into an enjoyable hobby is a great delight. I do wish I enjoyed cooking. Having said that, I've taken over catering on three days a week. I do wonderful jacket potatoes on Friday followed by superb ready meals on Saturday and Sunday served with delicious wines. And I put everything in the dishwasher. I boil eggs occasionally too.

Fido, I concur. I don't particularly like or dislike cooking per se. I mainly like eating, and I use cooking as an excuse to revel in the use of my modest collection of decent Japanese chef knives, which makes the prep easier and justifies the acquisition thereof. A daily chore made a daily pleasure by combining with a related interest is a blessing indeed

I pretty much have every kind I actually need, and I think this might have led to my interest in straight razors finally being indulged.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom