SOTD : Saturday 19th June to Friday 25th June 2021.

24/6/21

Pre - Unscented Shaving Soap
Lather - Hampshire Wool Fat
Brush - Yaqi 22mm Plissoft
Razor - Yaqi Katana
Blade - Lord Classic SS (2)

The Yaqi Katana is an efficient beast, even with just a single pass shave it produces a very close shave. I seem to get a fair amount of post shave alcohol burn though. Even if I enjoyed the shave, it's a reminder why I use mild Gillette razor for the majority of the time.

The greater I am becoming familiar with the HWF lather, the more I am appreciating it. It really is excellent, different to MWF but worth assessing for it's own merits.

Have a good Friday gents.

Friday

Hampshire Wool Fat (henceforth HWF)
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Gillette Fat Handle Tech (England, 1948)
Derby Extra (2)
Bart’s Ben Cruachan after shave lotion

First outing for the HWF. Scent-wise, it certainly resembles the LPL Cèdre et Patchouli but not as prominent. It’s a dream to lather: a few swirls with the brush resulted in much unctuousness.

Performance was really good. Cushion and glide gave the perfect foil for the Tech. Where it really shone, though, was its residual slickness. Slick enough to do a wee touch-up here and there with impunity.

Post-shave, I’m feeling great and the soap harmonised with the Argan and coconut oils in Bart’s Balm.

It could easily be one of those soaps that could be the find of the year: in terms of cost and performance it reminds me of Salter’s lavender tallow.

I read somewhere that we have Barry @Palmolive fox to thank for bringing HWF to the shaving masses. I doff my precious swede protector to you, Sir!

6AB6F957-DA09-41C5-BDE2-4139EB8B92E9.jpeg

Friday

Face lather
Derby Extra (2)

First outing for the HWF. Scent-wise, it certainly resembles the LPL Cèdre et Patchouli but not as prominent. It’s a dream to lather: a few swirls with the brush resulted in much unctuousness.

Performance was really good. Cushion and glide gave the perfect foil for the Tech. Where it really shone, though, was its residual slickness. Slick enough to do a wee touch-up here and there with impunity.

Post-shave, I’m feeling great and the soap harmonised with the Argan and coconut oils in Bart’s Balm.

It could easily be one of those soaps that could be the find of the year: in terms of cost and performance it reminds me of Salter’s lavender tallow.

I read somewhere that we have Barry @Palmolive fox to thank for bringing HWF to the shaving masses. I doff my precious swede protector to you, Sir!

View attachment 72304
It is a very good soap and it's nice to see a maker produce a good old fashioned hard tallow shaving soap.

Friday

Face lather
Derby Extra (2)

View attachment 72304
Thanks for the shout....The HWF shaving soap was a blind buy to be honest, i was intrigued to give it a try as i love MWF my rhino mature skin loves shaving soaps that contain lanolin....The HWF is a wonder, as stated its residual slickness and post shave feel it provides is superb...Yours-Barry. (y)

Thanks for the shout....The HWF shaving soap was a blind buy to be honest, i was intrigued to give it a try as i love MWF my rhino mature skin loves shaving soaps that contain lanolin....The HWF is a wonder, as stated its residual slickness and post shave feel it provides is superb...Yours-Barry. (y)

Come on Barry.

You can't rest on your laurels and be content to be TSR Enabler of the Year 2020.

You need to find the next HWF for 2021.

25/06/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush: Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap: OSP Spirits
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Voskhod (3 and out)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Baxter's of California Balm
Aftershave: Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 25 (25).JPG
3 and out for the Voskhod, no need or reason to push these blades.
2 passes and a touch up on the whirlpools for a comfortable BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Hi Shubs,

My HWF soap is quite soft - so much so I was able to mould it in to a ceramic dish.
Is there a new (hard) version of this soap now?

Interesting.

I bought mine a while back and it is quite hard. Mine could have been old stock or it has got firmer as it has dried out.

Or it could be she has issues with consistency?

It's still a very good soap!

Back
Top Bottom