SOTD : Saturday 19th February-Friday 25th February 2022.

Wednesday AM 2022-02-23
First newspaper classified ad was published on this date in 1886, Times of London
bVwCvNp.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (32/52)
Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Wilkinson Bonded System (12)
Chanel Égoïste Platinum aftershave

Despite hogging the lather, the brush whipped up plenty of it for 3 passes. The old soap has lost a good portion of its scent, so I livened its lather up with a few sprays of today's fragrance, Ethos Grooming Mysore Santal. I never push the Wilkinson cartridges beyond 12 shaves, but even on its last shave, this one was not dragging or pulling at all, and my skin is nearly BBS.
RDOyWvk.jpg

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 3 )
Blade = Personna Med Prep. ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger By Bobby Moffat @Sawdust Creations
Soap = The Watchman By Zingari Man with matching splash & balm
5F4E9F43-8CAA-42C7-B74A-A9DB49453606.jpeg
With all these dorms happening across the uk i thought it was only appropriate to use
The Watchman
Stormy Air & Dark Seas
how appropriate this week,
i’m actually glad i never had to leave the house at times.
Anyway I’m not Michael Fish so let’s forget about the weather and get on to the shave lol.
Absolutely top drawer 10/10.
I normally use plate 4 mostly on the Rockwell but today decided to go with 3 and it proves a winner, mind you 4 & 5 would have probably been class as well.
i don’t know if it’s my stubborn nature but i can’t decide if i like these blades.
i’m not normally a Personna fan,
i’m saying this after a class shave so perhaps i do like them who knows i am awkward.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads
Nature is out to get us

f2EAqBr.jpg

This newest soap base Omnibus by B&M is surely the best shaving soap that I personally have ever used. Bar none. Lathers like a dream with a synth, loves water like a porpoise, slicker than Teflon on wet glass and finally is now THE base for all B&M soaps.

Paganini's Violin is lovely. Razor is an English Gillette Tech from the 50's with a PAA "Bulldog" style handle. Blade is a Gillette "Blue box" Platinum. RR Beehive 24mm synth brush and finally Denim Original AS.

Thu 24 SOTD
Soap Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor Shavette with Sandalwood Handle
Blade EuroMax Platinum
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
I really like this soap! Good cooling sensation, nice scent with a creamy and slick lather...
Today shave with the Shavette that started my interest in SRs. It's been more than 15months since my last use. Previous experiences with this Shavette were not very good due to inexperience but today...wow...very nice, very smooth, and comfortable 3passes without any issues for a dfs finish. Gotta use this with a Feather...The aftershave is really nice and the menthol hit was like a punch.
20220224_124450.jpg

9HKHWxE.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F Brad Sears L7 Tigris Finest Badger
Soap: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Swede (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, APR Lavande violette Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Penhaligon's Elite EdT

A thoroughly refreshing shave to salve the current sweltering conditions here in the West.

SOTD : 24th February 2022.

p.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Arko Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS. (D4)
Razor: Provision Supply Razor V2.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Final shave of the week with the Supply Razor V2 ..The Supply razor has made a very pleasurable impression on me...It has exceeded my expectations for the quality of the shave it has provided, the design is superb looking as well....The Balance and weight enhance it's smooth effortless efficiency.....A very impressive superbly built razor which is a pleasure to shave with...Like my first shave with the Schick G type... I'm yet again swooned..... If i only had choose one razor to shave with then the Supply Razor V2 would be a very strong contender. But Like everyone else i like variety with my shave sets ups and will never stop using my DE razors. However, the Supply Razor V2, Schick G type & Parker injector will all be added to my razor rotation very frequently.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom