SOTD : Saturday 19th February-Friday 25th February 2022.

SOTD 25-Feb
20220224_151920.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Synthetic Bristle
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: CB Karve Brass (D)
Blade: Feather HS (2)

Well seems as though I've found another synthetic that I really like, first the cadman tuxedo now this. Chuffed to bits, nice face feel, backbone to my tastes and whips up a good lather which releases well. I'd like to know which chubby this is modeled after (for loft and density) as it certainly isn't the manchurian I have. Whatever it is I'll buy the badger version if it exists as well!

The new Novelist is a pleasant scent, it seems to be in a similar vein to a number of others I have but with an added extra that I'll never put my finger on. Will say I had a tricky time starting out, been a while since I've used A&E but it is a lot more thirsty than I remember (not a bad thing), but got there in the end.

Good shave, very good finish, happy Friday everyone!

Cheers

Marc

Friday SOTD

l6QffAm.png

RazoRock Hawk V3 / Schick Proline
Elite Orange over Irish Bog Oak 28mm Boar
Tabac Shaving Soap Tallow Formula & Aftershave

Friday
As the world stage turns into a shit-show once more, I wanted something soothing and calming, so I've gone for Cella Aloe Vera.
I will, at some point get a proper bottle of splash rather than this tester. Schick E5 and blade again.

My thoughts and prayers are with those being subjected to unjust & unnecessary suffering in the Ukraine.

Attachments

• IMG_20220225_114911__01.jpg
    IMG_20220225_114911__01.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 4
Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Karve - Brass C plate
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
S Cream: Truefitt & Hill No 10

This is the last week with the Karve and I don't think it's going to find a place in my den. Not going to keep it. And the decision has nothing to do with the performance. It's to do with the build material. I have already decided aluminium is not for me and I think brass joins this category. Of course not for the same reasons as brass has a good weight to it compared to an aluminium counterpart. Brass is just too metallic for me. Somehow reminds of a penny coin taste.:oops:
Today's shave was no different than the rest - smooth and efficient. Pleasantly surprised by T&H shaving cream. A very easy to obtain dense lather hence with great cushioning qualities.

Wishing you all a great weekend ahead!

SOTD.jpg

25/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Rex Ambassador #2
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester H - Finished
A/S - OSP Sandalwood

Wk 08  (7).JPG
6 and out for the Wizamet, i could probably keep running it but its just not worth it.
The "H" tester from Barts Balm ran out today, a day i have been tipped off Barts new fragranced Balm is out. Ben Kilbreck.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Back
Top Bottom