SOTD : Saturday 19th February-Friday 25th February 2022.

Right then. Sunday evening's shave (yes, I am useless) thematically entitled 'Bad soap II (the lather thief)'

20220220_164003.jpg

Steal this razor - Stainless Colonial General
Burgled blade - Feather Professional
Brush with the law - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Who stole the lather? - Acqua di Genova

'I think it was the evil Emporium and that bastard Boyce Vader'
'I hope it explodes on him'

Take two. After the terrible facial creaming of Saturday evening this time around was to involve being whipped in the bowels bowl. Bloom and brush. This is looking somewhat more like it. Somewhat creamy(ish). Somewhat knackered wrists getting this far.

Right let's go for it. Quick shower and........

Someone's stolen the bloody lather! It has in simple terms, pissed off. Sweet Jack shit, naff all outside of a bit of residue.

Now, like the majority, I've changed blades during a shave, even changed razors, but this is a first for me, changed the soap. Reach for that ever faithful Londinium and voila, a good facial creaming and feeling happier. And, it lasted the distance. As it always does. Other than that it turned in the usual high level of expectations.

As for the General it just gets everything right and brings silly grinning to my little world. Provided it has a good quality medium to shave in to, which it did by the end of it all.

Bad start followed by a great finish.

As for @Boycie83 , you owe me one bowl of lather or see you in court....

'Hey my friend, I didn't steal your soap'

And as a punishment you can suffer some Midori. Playing it a little on the cautious side this time around.....

22 February

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Vorlich

9649C03A-5D18-4CFD-809E-23BDCF9EBA9B.jpeg
An excellent shave this morning, everything came together for a very efficient and close shave. The Feather blade seems to suit the Blackbird, for me. The PAA CK-6 formula soap creates mountains of great lather, and Bart’s Balms are simply the best balms out there.

Right then. Sunday evening's shave (yes, I am useless) thematically entitled 'Bad soap II (the lather thief)'

View attachment 84670

Steal this razor - Stainless Colonial General
Burgled blade - Feather Professional
Brush with the law - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Who stole the lather? - Acqua di Genova

'I think it was the evil Emporium and that bastard Boyce Vader'
'I hope it explodes on him'

Take two. After the terrible facial creaming of Saturday evening this time around was to involve being whipped in the bowels bowl. Bloom and brush. This is looking somewhat more like it. Somewhat creamy(ish). Somewhat knackered wrists getting this far.

Right let's go for it. Quick shower and........

Someone's stolen the bloody lather! It has in simple terms, pissed off. Sweet Jack shit, naff all outside of a bit of residue.

Now, like the majority, I've changed blades during a shave, even changed razors, but this is a first for me, changed the soap. Reach for that ever faithful Londinium and voila, a good facial creaming and feeling happier. And, it lasted the distance. As it always does. Other than that it turned in the usual high level of expectations.

As for the General it just gets everything right and brings silly grinning to my little world. Provided it has a good quality medium to shave in to, which it did by the end of it all.

Bad start followed by a great finish.

As for @Boycie83 , you owe me one bowl of lather or see you in court....

'Hey my friend, I didn't steal your soap'

And as a punishment you can suffer some Midori. Playing it a little on the cautious side this time around.....

Wouldn't have had this problem if you had bought a soap from me ;)

20220222_104156.jpg
SOTD 22nd Feb
Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Razorock Amici 22mm
Soap - Reef Point Calming Spice
Razor - Parker 65r
Blade - Rapira Super Stainless #3
Post - Barts Balm Ben More lotion

Well that was a cracking 3 passes - and I say that with a tinge of surprise. Simply because sometimes I'm guilty of underestimating the hard and software I'm using - and today I'm guilty of that - banged to rights.
Sometimes use The Cube on only few of my soaps and Reef Point is one of them. Lovely scent to this soap - I've never been able to find the scent profile of this - so any Reef Point Black Belts out there who do know - I'd be much appreciated. There's something familiar to me like chocolate, cocoa or weak coffee - but I'm rubbish at picking out individual scents - tend to use words like "sophisticated, comforting, classy or ......nice!" Unfortunately, this inability at description is due to my Welsh Valley Caveman upbringing - forgive me.
The Razorock brush is great for my smaller tins and pucks of soap - not as "scritchy" (told you!) as the Omega S Brush, but whips up loads more lather and enough scritch for nearly 2 days growth. And a super slick and shiney lather it was.
The Parker is a loud and mid aggressive performer - but it was super smooth and near BBS close today - time and concentration perhaps? Yip, the 65r is not a million miles off the Rocca in performance today.
And the Barts Balm was its usual mega-moisturising self and scent paired quite well with the RP Calming Spice soap.
Yes, a "tidy"(as we say in Wales) shave that - even bordering on "lush".
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

Chuesday Shave

Razor: Timeless Ti .95
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp Silver Edge (1)
Brush: Semogue SOC 2-band finest 24mm
Soap: Eufros Boreal
AS: Musgo Real Classic

sotd_258.jpg

SOTD 38.jpg

Soap – A&E The Undersea
Brush – Boti City Sky / SHD, HMW 22mm
Razor – Blackbird
Blade – Bolzano (3)
A/S – Epsilon Blue Med
Balm – Lea 3in1

This razor & blade combo was fantastic. Enihilated 4 days growth and felt super comfortable. I normally bin a blade after 2 or 3 shaves but this was so good there's plenty life in it yet.
A recent new brush from Boti is beautifully soft and although there’s not much backbone I had no problems lathering my favourite soap. A&E works so well with my skin it's easy to make it my no.1. A great post shave with Epsilon and Lea completed a 10/10 shave.

Have a good day and enjoy your shaves.

The Parker is a loud and mid aggressive performer - but it was super smooth and near BBS close today - time and concentration perhaps? Yip, the 65r is not a million miles off the Rocca in performance today.

It’s a razor that’s largely overlooked and I had similar thoughts.
Mine sat idle in the drawer for a very long time and the last time I picked it up I had a great shave. I guess with new acquisitions appearing on the scene over time I just ignored it. I realised I’ve actually never had a bad shave with it and I do enjoy using it so it deserves a place in my routine and thoughts to offload it were cancelled.

Tuesday AM 2022-02-22
First taxis with meters began operation on this date, London, 1907
fcLnRXv.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/50)
Cella Crema da Barba
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass
Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Floid Blue aftershave

The shaving cream's almond worked well with the sweet citrus-floral-musk scents of the aftershave. And the shave was surprisingly smooth for being done with a brand new blade, a testament to the quality of the Carbon razor.
I3H4Ppr.jpg

Sotd-22-02-22.png
This morning - beware of Greeks bearing beards......

Yaqi Excalibur
P30 (17 and out)
Frank Shaving two-band
TDS - Lano - patchouli & vetiver
cold water
Nivea 2 - 1
Oud Isphahan edp.

That's 17 straight uses of the Excalibur from new to me. My short take on it, is that it is a very capable razor. It will stay on the top deck - no danger. Thank you again @Paul L The blade can go to a well earned retirement - still comfortable to use but beyond its best. This all begs the question as to where to go next razor-wise? If inspiration doesn't strike I'll just use the Twig - that's normally what happens. It occurs that I haven't been near the Schick injectors for a while. The agony of choice. :rolleyes: - saludos - I.

04AEE3D2-6836-4AFB-A336-6A4D880B2BF3.jpegSOTD: 22/02/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Viking Sword, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition Puck
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I love this soap and it’s scent, it’s as strong and luxurious as any other soap I own if not more so! I got this in a trade for some of my soaps that are on sale and definitely feel I’ve done very well out of it! Now to hunt the splash or original Aqua di Gio as the prices aren’t that dissimilar.
The Masamune was, as always, just fantastic and isn’t ever leaving the den, despite the recent purge!
Enjoy what’s left of the day guys!

Back
Top Bottom