SOTD : Saturday 19th February-Friday 25th February 2022.

A Monday evening's shave on a Tuesday. Why change the habit of a lifetime? Anyway this one arrives in an unpunctual manner bearing the theme, 'Yaqi Yak, don't come back (acqua di Genova)'

20220221_181451.jpg

A long time since last seen from me, it's the return of the karaoke shave night. So hit that play button and sing, sing, sing to your hearts content. And no it's not in Japanese......

Take out the shaving soap and brush
Or you don't get no shavin' rush
If you don't scrub that bearded face
You ain't gonna have a smoothened boat race
Yaqi yak (don't come back) (Acqua di Genova)

Just finish latherin' up your mush
Let's see that soap fly with that brush
Get all that face muck out of sight
So get that razor out tonight

You just put that blade between the plates
And shave to look good for your mates
Just make sure you don't cut and bleed
As smooth as @Palmolive fox 's swede

Don't you have no dirty looks
Your face is perfect for gadzooks
Don't tell your friends about the palaver
It was @Boycie83 who stole the lather

Yaqi yak, Yaqi yak
Yaqi yak, Yaqi yak
Yaqi yak, Yaqi yak
Yaqi yak, Yaqi yak

I have tried to mind sing it with the tune and I can't decide if I am shite, or the music is wrong. Good luck.

Yup, once again started with that disappearing act the Acqua di Genova and a pleasing start soon went to rat shit. To appear as a freebie on the BST together with a few other odds and ends.

The irony is I ended up using the super Penhaligons Bayolea soap which I nearly bought another bowl of from the same shop. Quite rare to find as an unobtanium now. Just happens to work wonderfully with the Bayolea splash.

A happy shave? Damn happy by the end.

So happy I shall end this evening's shenanigans with some more of that strange Midori girl.

Last edited:
Wed 23 SOTD with Gears that started it all...
Cream
Omega Eucalyptus
Brush Omega Boar
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville Splash
Bought my 1st DE razor with this blade all the way from the UK back in mid-2019. 1st shave was not good at all...didn't realize need soap/cream lather...I used the canned foam, resulting in nicks and irritations.
Undaunted, got my 1st brush & cream...it was displayed together so took both. Wow...my first lather and the shave were perfect! Of course I dunno anything about alum or aftershaves back then...hahaha
Today, recreate the same and it was sooo smooth and comfortable 3passes without any issues for a bbs finish. Love this cream...cheap but nicely scented, creamy, and very slick. Razor & blade were perfect combos...hardly any blade feels but back then it was scary. The aftershaves were just as good.
20220223_092833.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD 23-Feb
20220220_142729.jpg
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: Stirling Ramblin' Man
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (11)

Excellent shave to kick off the day, the Tuxedo whipping up a brilliant lather from the Stirling. So glad I kept hold of this scent, I've only tried a handful but my favourite so far. With everything mowed down swiftly with the GEM for a two pass smooth finish, excellent.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Wednesday SOTD
ATT Aluminum SE1 /Schick Proline
WCS Two-Tone Tall Red & White 26mm Silvertip
Barrister and Mann Oceana Soft Heart Base & Aftershave

ak8o0mQ.png

Last edited:
7274C25C-F7AC-4918-9DD8-1DC9ABFB3BD7.jpeg
SOTD: 23/02/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Sputnik Blade, 1st use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: OSP Herb Garden Puck
Aftershave: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

God I wish I’d found the Tech earlier in my shaving adventures. Effortless, efficient and smooth you can’t ask for more. The same applies for the OSP which was a creamy delight with the Zenith Boar.
Enjoy your day everyone!

IMG_0530.jpg

Recklessly, given an impending tsunami of expense that is heading my way, I have been considering purchasing a slightly more aggressive / efficient razor. As you can already deduce this is foolish. It’s also foolish as I own the Mühle R41, widely acknowledged as one of the most aggressive razors available. I suppose that is the point, or rather finding a midpoint above my comfort zone but not at R41 levels. I’m thinking about the Rex Envoy. Time will tell.

But as a training exercise, and as I’ve not shaved with the R41 in six months, let’s give it a go, carefully!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Mühle R61
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Soap: Stirling Spice
Brush: Semogue 830
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: Old Spice
Bowl: Face lather

23 February

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Vorlich

5DF70F76-AFC4-4A76-A12B-21854C70D43F.jpeg
Another fine shave with the Blackbird and Feather. Earlier this month, using this razor, I got significant post shave irritation, but there was nothing at all this time. I suppose the Feather blade suits me in this razor, just as it does in quite a few others.

Williams Wed-23rd February

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Williams Mug soap
Claymore Evolution
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

A first use of the Kai Pink in this Razor. Two days of growth to clear, not a problem a smooth and comfortable Shave, with a good close all round finish. Actually going out this evening and think I will get by without a further Shave.

14D345BC-CF51-4FB6-B7A1-17DA800CEC02.jpeg

23/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Rolls Razor - Aluminium
Blade - Rolls 1952
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 08  (5).JPG
Not the best shave i have had with a Rolls, the Blade was fine during the WTG, although when i proceeded with the XTG/ATG mix pass i felt the blade became "prickly" and it was tugging quite a bit on the tougher chin stubble, i ended up with a very acceptable finish although it was not a smooth comfortable shave.
Everything else performed brilliantly, a really nice lather mixed in the Captain choice Copper heavyweight and there was next to no indication from the splash even though i was expecting something more.
On checking the blade under the loupe it looks fine? i will have to re - hone it and set a new bevel then go from there - when i get a bit time.
Anyway,
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom