SOTD : Saturday 19th February-Friday 25th February 2022.

Thur 24th February

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Lea Classic soap
Claymore Evolution
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 2 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

So much better today with just a days growth to deal with, and the blade worn in.In fact the Shave seemed to be very quick but not overly rushed as the finish quality is excellent.

3B7749FA-55B4-4209-90F0-DDEE5B8DAF47.jpeg

Today's shave was quite simple. GEM Bullettip, L'Occitane Cade, Speick AS, L'Occitane Cade ASB.
And a wailing of the air attack sirens in the background.
My deepest thoughts are with you and your family and the Ukrainian people. Take care and be safe.This madness will be over soon for you and your country.

Last edited:
Last night's SOTD and themed 'A big boy shave'

View attachment 84761

Big razor - Stainless Mongoose
Big blade - Feather Proguard
Bloody big boy brush - AP Shaving 30mm Cashmere
Giving it large - MDC Fougere

From Sweaty Betty by the Mac Lads, 'You could get a bus inside her'. Indeed you could. Or at the least a car

This shave was somewhat driven by the thread on Big Brushes which rather prompted me to reach for not just the biggest, but also the heaviest in the cabinet. But deliver, it does and made so easy with the super MDC.

A top drawer shave with top drawer results and a big happy man to go with it.

Seems some time since Band Maid made an appearance on my SOTD's. How could I ever leave such talent behind? I can't....

And I love you all
But this is a Big Boy, and it would look better with that brush.

1930%20NEW%20Big%20Boy%20Gold%20De%20Luxe.JPG

Thursday AM 2022-02-24
The Gregorian Calendar was instituted by papal bull from Gregory XIII on this date, 1582
mlsaTl9.jpg

Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Carbon Adamas/UFO Titan Fine
Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
Ethos Grooming Succès aftershave

A wonderful Pineapple Express shave on a sunny but cold morning. The Adamas head balanced beautifully on the UFO handle, which is only 3g lighter than the stock handle. And the Wizamet performed just as well in this razor as the P74 did.
9nBxLHf.jpg

Today's shave was quite simple. GEM Bullettip, L'Occitane Cade, Speick AS, L'Occitane Cade ASB.
And a wailing of the air attack sirens in the background.
Take care mate, I'm not sure what to say apart from hoping it's over quickly with little loss of life.
I feel so helpless with us not sending troops in, but mad fuck with nukes is not a good mixture. :cry:

IMG_20220224_190508_999.jpg

SOTD

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Seygus Zeppelin
Brush: Frank Shaving
Blade: Gillette Rubie (1)
Soap: Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
A/S: Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Balm: L’oreal Birch Sap
EDT: Aramis

A nod to the 70's and 80's with this shave. The Yaqi Musketeer Rapier aoap is a nod to the classic edt, Aramis. The scent is pretty much bang on. Great lather and lovely post shave feel. The splash also smells very very similar to the Aramis edt.

I've not used the Seygus Zeppelin in a long time and while the one I have is very mild - 0.30mm & .0.50mm - it still did the job with only a few spots requiring extra buffing.
All in all, a really enjoyable, drama free shave.

Fri 25 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Ariana & Evans Kaizen Splash
Excellent soap qualities with a wonderful scent plus a creamy and very slick lather...
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was perfection. Easy, smooth, comfortable, and very efficient in 3++passes for a bbs finish without any issues. The aftershaves were terrific as well.
20220225_100509.jpg

Back
Top Bottom