SOTD: Saturday 18th December - Friday 24th December 2021.

Dec. 20, 2021

CP4lSjS.jpg

3 pass shave for BBS.

Vector is definitely a great razor - it is a loaner and I'm quite happy to give it a try. With feather pro's it just floats around the face, but load the pro super and oh boy - we are in for a bit of a ride. Blade feel increases, so does closeness however I feel it's not as smooth at that point. Brilliant razor and can see it having it's place in my den at some point in the future.

Interesting scent on the chaotic neutral - been a while since I used it. I can see why there are references to the tea scent - albeit soap reminds me more of one.

BEDEBE3D-1922-4A84-BBE7-CFBBB44842B4.jpeg

SOTD: 20/12/2021

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, 1st use
Brush: Akkawoodnresin Handle And Dscosmetic Bodger Knot
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Phoenix And Beau Trafalgar Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix And Beau Trafalgar Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

First try out with my Dscosmetic Bodger and though it’ll need breaking in it is lovely. It needed a hell of a clean beforehand but seems clean now. It tackled the challenge of the P&B Trafalgar with ease and created a rich high mountain of lather very quickly. It could be a new favourite. The handle is lovely to and though it looks slightly odd portion wise seems to work well with my hands. All in all a lovely start to the week, though not quite making up for the wife now getting Covid too today which screws us until new year!

View attachment 81798

SOTD: 20/12/2021

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, 1st use
Brush: Akkawoodnresin Handle And Dscosmetic Bodger Knot
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Phoenix And Beau Trafalgar Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix And Beau Trafalgar Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

First try out with my Dscosmetic Bodger and though it’ll need breaking in it is lovely. It needed a hell of a clean beforehand but seems clean now. It tackled the challenge of the P&B Trafalgar with ease and created a rich high mountain of lather very quickly. It could be a new favourite. The handle is lovely to and though it looks slightly odd portion wise seems to work well with my hands. All in all a lovely start to the week, though not quite making up for the wife now getting Covid too today which screws us until new year!

And wishing her a quick recovery

IMG_20211220_115649__01.jpg
Paradigm Titanium II
Polsilver
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 HMW
Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica: bath soap, shaving soap and aftershave
EDP: Acqua Di Parma Ambra
Soundtrack: Radiohead - In Rainbows

I broke up for Christmas on Friday and I've been totally wiped out over the weekend. Such is the relief of getting away from work for a couple of weeks. Still managed to get out on my bike though.

Although I haven't been around much this year. (my new obsession with cycling is the main culprit) I still take the time and enjoy a shave. Today being a great case in point.
I haven't used the Paradigm for a long time, ever since the Outlaw came along. It's still a special razor and delivered great results along with the Saponificio Varesino brush (still my favourite brush) and the SV software (still my favourite software).

A fantastic shave which left me smooth and relaxed. Totally zen baby!

Not sure if I'll be posting before the end of year. If not I wish you all a safe, merry Christmas and a happy New year. If you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you can have a break and spend some time with your loved ones.

Cheers
Rob

Mon 20 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P on Yaqi Razzo Rocket Handle
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash.
Good soap this...scent is really nice, the lather is impeccably creamy and slick.
Abit of a rush shave with razor paired with the blade and resulted in a few red creepers. Had an enjoyable 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. The matching aftershave is really nice.
20211220_160122.jpg

Back
Top Bottom