SOTD: Saturday 18th December - Friday 24th December 2021.

SOTD : 18th December 2021.

21.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Face Lather.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !" Orange Sunrise Shaving Soap.
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s.(Settings) 4-wtg,3-atg,2.5-pick ups.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Sensitive Fragrance free Body Lotion./Milton Lloyd no.9 Victor EDP.

Greetings,

(Adjustable & Slant Razor Week.)

A new shave set up to start the Weekend....The Super Max BDT paired together with the Ming Shi 2000s wonderfully making an efficient razor & blade duo...Using the lightest of touch it sliced through my stubble with effortless ease...It's been some time since i used the Razorock "WTP?!" soap and forgot it takes a bit more time to build a lather, which for me isn't a big issue i find after the soap has been bloomed in tepid tap water for few minutes I'm rewarded with a rich, creamy slick protective lather with a good post shave feel.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Milton Lloyd no.9 Victor EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Saturday 18th December
Zenith 506 - OSP Dark Matter - Ever Ready 1924 - GEM Stainless Coated #6 - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
tgq8j4a.jpg

18/12/21
Pre - Haircut, Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor - Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Barbour EDT
Wk 51 (1).JPG
I found the Brass-bird much smoother than the stainless version so the SS version was moved on, paired with the Personna it delivers a wonderfully efficient and smooth shave, no harshness whatsoever, its a pity its discontinued, i am so glad i have it in the stable.
An easy face lather today and enough light citrusy scented slickness in the brush for 3 passes from very little loading.
I completed 2 passes WTG-XTG mix and then an ATG pass for an easy comfortable BBS finish.
The Barbour EDT is a nice splash, however, a bit too woody for the Arlington soap. I will have to remember that for future use.
So, haircut, showered, shaved and ready for a family surprise birthday lunch, just need to get Our Ruby out for her walk and then get ready for some long awaited family celebration time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Sat 18 SR 100th SOTD (Major issues posting or reading due to limited Internet onsite)
Soap Yaqi Lemon Lime Cedarwood
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather Clone Kamisori
Blade Feather ProGuard 5th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Lemon Lime Cedarwood Splash.
Quite a nice soap afterall. Light pleasant scent but a real cooling, thickly creamy & slick lather...
Technically my 100th SR shave but this may not count since it's so very enjoyable easy shave with the razor/blade pairing. Silky smooth, effortless efficiency in 3passes without issues for a bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesomely cold...
20211218_073013.jpg

Last edited:
Why, hello and welcome back my friends to the shaves that never end. And to be festive about the whole thing this one came with the theme, 'Twas the week before Christmas'

20211218_102809.jpg

Pre Christmas office party - Tatara Nodachi
Pre Christmas quiz - Dorco Prime (6)
Pre Christmas snacks and drinks - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Pre Christmas gatherings - Boellis Panama (in a snack size tin)
Post Christmas enquiry - Faena aftershave balm

Quick remove the evidence

Another outing with the Tatara and a Dorco on its 6th shave. Which isn't all that bad for a cheap nasty blade. As remarked on the side of a rather large tanker.

20211217_220043.jpg

And this job comes complete with instructions.

Fortunately I didn't get a cheap nasty shave. Starting to show its age a little so a last day out by the sink for the Dorco. Past its Prime. Still, a great turn out in the ever impressing Nodachi which kept it all in the groove.

Boellis? My last little bit in a travel tin, but I certainly won't be replacing. As a soap I find it kind of average. Dissipates rather quickly and I find the scent rather rank. I love almonds and I love marzipan, but as a scent? It just doesn't work for me.

It is the week of Christmas cheer, dubious Christmas parties, Christmas cake and smelling like one of the sodding things.

But it did its bit towards a nice shave for a start to the weekend even if I am not a great fan.

Overall a nice 'feel clean' shave.

Have a beautiful weekend everyone and just remember, I love you all

So much so you can have some more Beaver to start it all off.....

Back
Top Bottom