SOTD: Saturday 18th December - Friday 24th December 2021.

SOTD 18-Dec
20211217_104726.jpg
Brush: PAA Switchback AP Gealousy SHD
Soap: NO Barrbarr
Razor: CG Everyday
Blade: Astra SP (1)

Would you look at that...actual...real...life...sun, whodathunk it!

Cracking early afternoon shave, smooth and refreshed for the rest of the afternoon.

Was on daughter and clean up duty while the Mrs was getting her hair sheared. Had to be done with the in-laws flying in from South Africa after 2 years of this shite. So that's 3 weeks of copious quantities of red wine ahead of me! I can feel the headache ahead of me!

Hope everyone is have a cracking Saturday!

Cheers

Marc

265954043_442731440661211_6597955454235239462_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Mastro Miche Artiglio
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)

Booster jab yesterday, and whether it's Pfizer after having AZ before I'm unsure, but aches and headache abound today :(
The Artiglio's a soap I prefer not to pair with an ASL, and leave the scent to continue on its own. Really pleasant shave this morning, and the balm left a perfect finish and a smile returning to my face.

20211218_103501.jpg
SOTD 18th Dec
Brush - PAA Starcraft
Soap - B&M Frankly My Pear
Razor - Star Model 100
Blade - Rapira SS #2
Post - Barts Balm Peppermint

Taken a while to like the scent of this soap, but dark, miserable days like today make it a comforting, homely scent that I'm starting to enjoy.
Quality lather and 1 pass + pick ups with this excellent little razor results in a DFS finish.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

9FA9E1C8-A2EB-4781-8BDB-CFDACD181A58.jpeg

SOTD: 18/12/2021

Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 3rd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Ach Brito Musgo Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The Zenith had a field day with this soap creating a great lather, the smell is dare I say it as good or better than Proraso green and the Flexi was a delight for such a big beast of a razor. A lovely start to my holidays, despite the fact my son has covid so I’m testing everyday hoping no one else in the family gets it so we can all still have some sort of get together as he get the all clear on the 23rd!

Had to wait for the Mrs to appear from her lie in, so she could take over the grandchildren.
I'd connected on the Lupo in a thread and thought to myself that mine should get a run out as it's my favourite SS razor that I have.
Loaded with a Perma sharp.
I don't have matching splash for mountain man, but think the Campania pairs up well.
2 pass, DFS.

Attachments

• IMG_20211218_141156__01.jpg
    IMG_20211218_141156__01.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 2
Saturday AM 2021-12-18
National Twin Day
elaUc0f.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/WRH2
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (2)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle aftershave

An excellent shave with my current favorite software, although the blade remains harsh. I followed the shave with Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent, which paired beautifully with the honeysuckle.
gONEyQu.jpg

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Dollar Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Shavemac 24mm Synthetic
Soap = A & E Choco Cubano Sample
Lotion = Barts Balms Ben Macdui
Balm = Barts Balms Ben Macdui
8BAA1108-2950-4D84-89E2-DC0F65C6D614.jpegWell a bit of a boring shave this one & i don’t know why really,
The shave itself was pretty decent but i didn’t get the same satisfaction as i normally do
The Soap i have to say i don’t like
Probably the first soap i haven’t liked.
Some i have been unsure off or could take it or leave it but the scent of Chocolate on this is so strong it was actually putting me off.
The Blade was a first for me & it was ok probably a 5/10 maybe i’m being harsh possibly a 6/10.
For some reason i rushed this shave as well which didn’t help.
Overall it was a decent shave and can’t complain really but i just don’t have that ooomf that i normally have.
Never Mind tomorrow is another day
onwards & upwards
Stay Safe Lads the virus is rife.
more people getting this variant for sure

Back
Top Bottom