SOTD: Saturday 18th December - Friday 24th December 2021.

Oops, forgot yesterday’s scrapings:

75D71E97-7E3B-4FC8-B2AE-CA165AC196C9.jpegGillette Flare Tip Rocket | Voskhod | ShedEleven Turnhouse Dark Figured Beech 24mm 2-Band | Signature Soaps Britannia | Benjamin’s Menthol Bay Rum | RSC Balm

Lovely shave with this truly fabulous shaving soap. Buckets of glossy, slick lather in a heartbeat and a simply amazing scent. Aniseed may be a bit ‘marmite’ but I love it and here, it’s perfectly tempered by the two mints. Didn’t really need the balm but I figured my complexion could probably do with all the help it can get.

Sun 19 SOTD (Good connectivity today)
Cream Omega Eucalyptus
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
Really a beautiful scent from this cream! It is my first ever shave cream/soap...
The lather qualities are just superb...so thickly creamy and so very slick...
An excellent shave with the razor paired with the blade + a shim. Smooth and efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were terrific. 20211219_094732.jpg

SOTD : 19th December 2021.

22.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Soap.
Brush: Chinese unbranded horsehair.
Face Lather.
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin Shaving Soap.
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium. (2)
Razor: Merkur 37c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Wilko Men's ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Mekur 37c performed wonderfully paired together with the Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium blade mowing through my remaining stubble with effortless ease.

Another comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report....Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko Men's ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 19-Dec
20211218_152814.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Boti 26mm 2B Fan
Soap: MdC Fougere
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Astra SP (2)

Return to the Dart after the last times Saturday speed massacre. Took my time with Prep, Lather and Shave...ah better, back to the finish I know. Smooth and refreshed. At least it does it indeed seem like I can learn!

Still loving the Arlington with this soap, just finishes it off nicely, little bit of feedback on the neck problem areas but nothing major.

Hope everyone has a grand Sunday!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
266710326_611037516885361_1113155462376197307_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Bond Retro Style Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Titan (2)

I really rate this Bond cream and ASL, and the Nivea's been missing for a while due to mainly using Baxter's. It proved how good it is today as part of a DFS.

Last edited:
I forgot to take a pic but today's was a good one. Hot towel, Pears transparent soap. SV Dolomiti. Moka Express synth. Koraat 14/2.0, Bio oil and Tabac AS, and a splash of Tabac EdC, just so as not to be under-Tabacked, you know it makes sense.
Lovely shave, I bowl lathered the SV, not sure why, just seemed intuitive given how hard the puck is. Lovely soap. The Koraat delivered as always, despite needing to keep one eye on that savage unmuted square point, still a relaxing and effective shave, and I still have both earlobes. A smooth and nutritious finish with the oil and then the nostalgic waft of Tabac to send me out into the world today.

Well, to the post box anyway. Last Minute Larry here just getting round to writing this year's Christmas cards.

17 December
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- EJDE89 with MR11 Bulldog Handle / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Summer for Men 2013

19 December
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- EJDE89 with MR11 Bulldog Handle / Gillette Nacet #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Summer for Men 2013

Rise of the Empire (including Clone War's) book 2 of 56
51DvJ-M4dQL._SX312_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

3168F9ED-9B04-4FD7-96FA-7B0610EE54DB.jpeg

SOTD: 19/12/2021

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 9th use
Brush: AkkaWoodnResin Synthetic
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A slow Sunday smooth shave with the Hawk and feather on its 9th use and still going strong. The more I use it the more I love the original Tabac so I’m glad I have a small selection of pucks in storage as I’ve yet to try the new version. I’m particularly enjoying the Hawk with it’s slightly more practical handle that I’ve got now.
A nice relaxing Sunday for once as we can’t go out and about with our son being I’ll so every cloud has a silver lining!

Back
Top Bottom