SOTD: Saturday 17 September - Friday 23 September

SOTD - face & head

Not dug this stuff out in quite a while and I'd honestly forgotten 1 - how good it smells, 2 - how well this soaps performs and 3 - how good it smells (a point I feel so strongly about I felt it warranted making it twice, plus now I have the matching splash mwahaha ).

In all seriousness though this stuff for me is one of the best bases out there, nevermind just vegan bases (it's literally the only vegan based soap I bother to keep in my rotation - others would disagree but I'd pick this over PAA any day).PXL_20220922_193019237.jpg

6V6LIo3.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger;
Cream: Aggressa
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (13)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Lider Classic Aftershave Lotion

Gotta love those Bulgarian creams.

SOTD: 23/09/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Lickimat Wobble Green Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Fine Barber Blue Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Hillbilly Moon Explosion
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

SE rabbit hole day three. First run out with the Hawk V3 and using the same blade on its second outing that I used yesterday in the Yaqi.

I love it, super smooth and it edges the Yaqi into second place.

Current positions are:
1. Hawk V3
2. Yaqi Excalibur
3. Rusty tin can
4. Frozen chocolate bar
5. Colonial General.

Still to come are the Hawk v2 and the Occam Enoch. Also have another 4 different blades to try in all the razors so this will be a long rotation.

Stay tuned folks for more gripping SE news as it breaks.........

0EC31781-0C1E-48B6-814E-88C9B5D9A5D4.jpeg

Looking forward to trying the incoming Excalibur myself soon. I do actually like frozen chocolate bars. Not for shaving though and a lot more than rusty tins.

Anyway until then I'll be using my Tech.

Simple yet effective: Palmolive cream
Simply Red: Semogue 820
Simply the best: '63 ball end Tech
Simply stainless: Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp
Simple pleasures: Tabac AS
20220923_080013.jpg

SOTD: 23/09/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Lickimat Wobble Green Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Fine Barber Blue Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Hillbilly Moon Explosion
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

SE rabbit hole day three. First run out with the Hawk V3 and using the same blade on its second outing that I used yesterday in the Yaqi.

I love it, super smooth and it edges the Yaqi into second place.

Current positions are:
1. Hawk V3
2. Yaqi Excalibur
3. Rusty tin can
4. Frozen chocolate bar
5. Colonial General.

Still to come are the Hawk v2 and the Occam Enoch. Also have another 4 different blades to try in all the razors so this will be a long rotation.

Stay tuned folks for more gripping SE news as it breaks.........

View attachment 93849

I said you'd like the Hawk Mark!

A most welcomed shave yesterday afternoon and one which arrives themed, 'Evolution, devolution and Enochulation'. A story of dread, betterment, superiority and a shave.

20220922_171242.jpg

Evolved - Occams Enoch
Devolved - Kai Titan mild
Resolved - Groom Room Hive-2
Dissolved - Signature Soaps Londinium
Some other word* - T&H Trafalgar

* Please choose your favourite word ending in 'lved' and use accordingly. See how much I give you the choice to influence my SOTD. Satanfriendlyyouradickheadolved?

'Bragging rights'

Once again the Enoch proved its ranks in my 'who sits at the top of the razor tree'. Between it Hawks and Blackbirds. Is there a Muhle Lesser Spotted Woodpecker or a Razorock Razorbill?

What a razor though and for me it just delivers everything in the sort of measure which suits my skin. Efficient in a controllable manner and confidence inspiring in use.

The face feel is very much like the Cobras I have loaned in the past and about the same level of aggressiveness. They both share a similar design in a way and both share a similar crap blade securing system. Except one is shit and the other shitter.

Give it a good barrier to cut in to though and a superb shave follows. In this case the barrier being that wonderful Londinium delivered by the equally so Hive-2.

End results exactly as per expectations and big grin value.

Have great weekends fellow shavateers and take care. I love you all.

How shall I finish? I think Band Maid will fill that space nicely. As a guitar player (of sorts) I really do rate the lead and bass players highly. Enjoy

I said you'd like the Hawk Mark!
And you were 100% right. I think I can say its the best shave I have ever had (and I still have 4 more blades to try). Luckily I don't have so many DE razors so nothing to move on now I have found nirvana. The only contender I can see coming up on the outside is the Claymore Evo, that will be an interesting comparison. We will see, but I can't see how it can be any better, probably equal though.

23/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Henkel's Rapide (1911)
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
Wk 38  (7).JPG
It seems to have been ages since i used the Rapide, today i added a loom band to the GEM blade then raised the back using a spine from an old GEM, trying to replicate the wedge blade.
A wonderful face lather from the Duke 3 and Britannia Soap giving me real confidence today.
From the off the razor felt, dare i say it, mild and comfortable, which was the calm before the storm.
I noticed a blood spot on my chin, then i noticed a blood spot under my nose, then a couple on my neck. I never felt a thing.
I rinsed off and was pretty much done, anyway i lathered up again and completed a touch up pass. it felt good.
I decided to sort out the blood spots with the alum, boy i forgot how that stings, its been a long time since i had a shave this close.
Anyway a clean up of the tools, a cold rinse then a second rub of the Alum without any indication.
A good rub of balm then the light show fired up with a rub of the Splash - Whoo-Hoo!
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Friday SEptember 23, 2022
Razor: Schick "J" Hydromagic 500 Gold
Blade: Schick Gold Blade/Schick Twin Blade
Brush: Graydog Quilt/Brown Synthetic
Soap: Klars ??
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,417

SOAP: I'm embarassed to say I've had this sample from someone for so long I can't remember who sent it to me (If you are reading this, please let me know) I'm nearly certain that it was Klars. it has a fresh clean scent and gave a great lather that I may have over hydrated but was still a marvelous lather and shave. From the small amount put into the bowl I had enough left after the shave to shave 3 Sherpas and their Yak. Great stuff !
IMG_20220923_065732122.jpg
RAZOR/BLADES: So I thought it cool that the blades that come with the Hydromagic 500 Gold were....Gold colored and so gave them a try. VERY tuggy the 1st pass but got thru it and was hoping pass 2 would be better after I just stropped it on my face doing pass 1......NOPE. Switched it out for a vintage Schick twin blade and on the 1st storke it was AMAZING and completed a shave that was for the ages.
IMG_20220923_064025329.jpg
One of my FAVORITE brushes and hope Steve aka Graydog is well as he has been absent for some time now.......

Have a tremendous day Everyone !!
IMG_20220923_064247972.jpg

Back
Top Bottom