SOTD: Saturday 17 September - Friday 23 September

23 September

Signature Soaps Danum
Yaqi Dandelion
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Danum splash

07D7490E-5650-4C81-B50C-A6D3CDEA980B.jpeg
Decided a comparison shave was in order after yesterday’s shave with the Feather left me a little disappointed. The Ikon gave a very similar shave to yesterday’s AS-D1, smooth and very comfortable, but, just that bit closer. The Ikon and Feather share an (almost) identical top cap, so I think it is a more than acceptable comparison. Same lather, same blade, but a better result. Nice one.

Friday

After a decent gym session early this morning came back showered and shaved.

Stayed with the Schick M2 despite yesterday's mishap. Mudder focker was the easiest to hand and that's as far as that choice went.

Only did 2 passes using a reduced setting and ended up DFS anyway so left it at that.

Have a good day

Attachments

• IMG_20220923_125649__01.jpg
    IMG_20220923_125649__01.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 6
Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock yellow (4)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: LatherBros - Flamingo Trance

Another perfectly smooth shave with my now go to set up. Well, actually the only set up I have in possession at the moment. But that's going to change as just grabbed an incredible offer from the Emporium. I'll get to try the renowned Rocca. Don't think I'll be disappointed.
After all @isaiah53 had it as a daily driver for ages before switching to Tech :)

SOTD.jpg

w0fzkHt.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Soap: Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alpa Windsor Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Parfums De Marly Gallaway EdP

Put the Semogue brush to the test with a triple-milled soap, and it passed with flying colours. It has slightly more backbone than my other Silvertip three-band brushes from H.L. Thäter, Shavemac, and Rooney. It doesn't tear into a hard soap like, say, a Simpson Chubby 2 or a Paladin, but has very decent attack, balanced with soft tips and a nicely judged splay. I think Semogue absolutely nailed it with this design, and it is pretty easy on the eye to boot.

The English-made Gillette Platinum Royal blades are brilliant. In my experience, they are the sharpest blade of the golden era (alongside maybe Gillette Swedes and Wilkinson Sword Light Brigades), but have a tactile blade feel, allowing you to achieve a very close and comfortable shave using a light touch. This blade works beautifully in the Blutt.

23/9/22

Soap - Lea Shaving Stick
Brush - GFS Hog/Omega 10077
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Treet Durasharp Blue (2)
Post - Alum/Lea Balm
AS - Superdrug Sierran Breeze

Following on from yesterday's shave, I took the advice of @Paul L and rubbed down the edges of the Lea Shaving Stick as the stick is rock solid but managed to load enough this time around. The vegan Lea Shaving Stick actually produces an excellen lather, the humble little GFS Hog brush is a much better performer than I expected too, I think it might be one of the better Omega boars I've used, it's scrubby but the slightly longer loft than my 10075 which helps it get a bit more air into the lather.
The shave itself was ok. I felt a bit of irritation when I put on the lather for the 2nd pass, and I put the Lea Balm which contains alcohol my face had more than a little post shave burn! I think the blue Treet Durasharp is deceptively sharp, and a bit on the rough side of things which is where I think I picked up the irritation from, but I have an incredibly close shave, one of the closest for a while.

IMG_20220923_145029.jpg

Have a good weekend gents.

FF42A784-D762-4E49-A41F-B867DD3E56AB.jpeg
SOTD: 23/09/2022

Razor: Executive Shaving Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Pro, 2nd use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr Puck
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Well my love affair with the Claymore continues, zero stress just a simple smooth shave, however not at all soulless like the Twig. Not quite as close today but that was whole down to me being in a rush as my wife forgot to set the alarm and we got up an hour later than usual! However it was a DFS at pace.
I had a few sample arrive from Maggards the other day and the Rawr was both the standout scent from the dry puck and even better when lathered. It’s great base as well lathering with ease. As you may have seen I’ve put a would like to buy up on the BST I like it that much, but it’s likely I’ll be straight over to Slickboys if I don’t hear anything by the end of the weekend, it’s that much of a winner for me.
So all in all a pretty great shave, enjoy your evening guys!

Back
Top Bottom