SOTD: Saturday 17 June - Friday 23 June 2023.

Tue 20
Soap La Toja Stick
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade Shark Super Stainless 1st
Aftershave RazoRock XXX Splash
A superb combination of soap, brush, and aftershave...the lather is just terrifically slick!
Superb shave with this razor paired with the blade. Silky smooth and very efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish...
20230620_162019.jpg

Tues 20th June

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Yaqi Raster V1
Schick Proline ( 5 )

Sticking with spartan Shaves which so far seems to preventing inflammation of areas of facial skin. Quite a decent Shave with this combo but did not work so well around the upper lip.

3D5E3165-2A1F-4DD9-AFDD-28B545F5D0C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Monday evening's shave and one dedicated to @NotTheStig and so themed, 'Shaving and immorality'

20230619_162105.jpg

Devious razor - Tatara Nodachi dark
Depraved blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Unprincipled brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Shameless soap - Kent
Nefarious moisturiser - Pure
Unscrupulous scent - Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet

'I would like to introduce you to a number of publications which changed my life forever....'

Enter Mr Kent. A soap stolen from its Northern roots and repackaged as a Southern offering. I'll probably find Kent soap is from Lancashire, but then it would only serve me to start the War of the roses II over a shaving soap so I will leave it at that.

So the fat is the impossible soap to lather to many? Never had a problem. Straight out the pot on to my face, work away, add water or soap where needed and voila. A face full of top class medium to shave in to. In this case the invitee being the dark nodachi. A darkened razor which appeals to my depraved side of life (so most of it then) and which just happens to be a bugger to photograph. But it just does happen to be a superbly confident and effective bit of razormanship. A Wiz of a blade and a whiz of a shave. Just what the doctor ordered. Or at least as far as I can remember the prescription stating. 'Shave once a day after digesting food'. No idea where that bit fits in but I'll have some of it.

A wonderful face feeler (sounds nice and perverse) and the fantastic Pure moisturiser adding to the end result. Further face feeling although I had no idea I must have buried my head in my underwear.

Have a great one your superb shavateers and Mr Stig I'm Not, you are included here.

Japanese girlies? Of course, and thanks for reminding me...

Why it's those Otoboke girls giving a live performance from what appears to be someone's living room. No wonder it was sold out. Five people looks about the max it could take.

Monday evening's shave and one dedicated to @NotTheStig and so themed, 'Shaving and immorality'

View attachment 107693

Devious razor - Tatara Nodachi dark
Depraved blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Unprincipled brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Shameless soap - Kent
Nefarious moisturiser - Pure
Unscrupulous scent - Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet

'I would like to introduce you to a number of publications which changed my life forever....'

Enter Mr Kent. A soap stolen from its Northern roots and repackaged as a Southern offering. I'll probably find Kent soap is from Lancashire, but then it would only serve me to start the War of the roses II over a shaving soap so I will leave it at that.

So the fat is the impossible soap to lather to many? Never had a problem. Straight out the pot on to my face, work away, add water or soap where needed and voila. A face full of top class medium to shave in to. In this case the invitee being the dark nodachi. A darkened razor which appeals to my depraved side of life (so most of it then) and which just happens to be a bugger to photograph. But it just does happen to be a superbly confident and effective bit of razormanship. A Wiz of a blade and a whiz of a shave. Just what the doctor ordered. Or at least as far as I can remember the prescription stating. 'Shave once a day after digesting food'. No idea where that bit fits in but I'll have some of it.

A wonderful face feeler (sounds nice and perverse) and the fantastic Pure moisturiser adding to the end result. Further face feeling although I had no idea I must have buried my head in my underwear.

Have a great one your superb shavateers and Mr Stig I'm Not, you are included here.

Japanese girlies? Of course, and thanks for reminding me...

Why it's those Otoboke girls giving a live performance from what appears to be someone's living room. No wonder it was sold out. Five people looks about the max it could take.

I feel honoured and humbled. Very friendly of you, Satan.

IMG_3794.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Masamune Nodachi Ti
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Chisel & Hound Fanchurian v18
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr
Splash: Noble Otter Rawr

Well the stars aligned today, that was an amazing shave. Step up in efficiency from the masamune, lovely 3 pass shave with minimal to no irritation. Really enjoyed today - not sure it gets much better than this!

20/6/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Tallow Tabac Stick
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Razor - Gillette FB Tech on Yaqi Handle
Blade - Gillette Nacet Stainless (2)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Chat d'Or Boxter

I've not used my old stick of tallow Tabac for a while, I forgot how truly glorious a lather it produces. Nice shave with the FBT/Nacet, even if it wasn't the closest.

IMG_20230620_120637.jpg

Got a few new Chinese blades through the post so decided to try one.
First the Doalco which looks suspiciously like a Dorco, and even has the ST300 designation.
Interestingly the wrapper says "made under licence from" and then doesn't mention anything else.
I found this blade to be rough and not very sharp. I did one full pass and then binned it.

Onto another Chinese blade, but don't know what to call it. It has absolutely no text on it at all - neither wrapper nor blade nor outer box. The online description, from memory, was along the lines of bikini blade.
I wasn't wearing a mankini, and have no intentions of ever inflicting that upon anyone, so settled for face shaving instead.
An acceptable result but nothing more. Less scrapey and slightly sharper but there are better blades out there.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Fat Tech gold (1953)
Blade: Doalco Chinese copy of Dorco ST300
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Grooming Department English Lavender
Aftershave: Bio Fresh Rose of Bulgaria https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6491e4ec7561cd6e4045ddb0
PXL_20230620_170107270.jpgPXL_20230620_165856236.jpg

Got a few new Chinese blades through the post so decided to try one.
First the Doalco which looks suspiciously like a Dorco, and even has the ST300 designation.
Interestingly the wrapper says "made under licence from" and then doesn't mention anything else.
I found this blade to be rough and not very sharp. I did one full pass and then binned it.

Onto another Chinese blade, but don't know what to call it. It has absolutely no text on it at all - neither wrapper nor blade nor outer box. The online description, from memory, was along the lines of bikini blade.
I wasn't wearing a mankini, and have no intentions of ever inflicting that upon anyone, so settled for face shaving instead.
An acceptable result but nothing more. Less scrapey and slightly sharper but there are better blades out there.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Fat Tech gold (1953)
Blade: Doalco Chinese copy of Dorco ST300
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Grooming Department English Lavender
Aftershave: Bio Fresh Rose of Bulgaria https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6491e4ec7561cd6e4045ddb0
View attachment 107704View attachment 107703
Stailess blade....

Back
Top Bottom