SOTD- Saturday 16rd to Friday 22th October

Razor = Karve CB ( C )
Blade = Gillette Super Thin Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = Shavemac 24mm Synthetic
Soap = A&E Vetimore Shaving Butter
Spash = Boots Freshwood
Balm = Matching Soap
View attachment 78567Another Cracking shave for me today even although i think the dury is out on these vegan soaps.
I never actually bought it because it was vegan
i just wanted to give them a try.
It’s the first use for me on the Verimore and it’s very good however i can’t take the vegan or leave it.
Personally i think it would be a lot better with a bit of animal fat lol but i guess that defeats the purpose.
Another first for me with the brush and i would say it has more backbone than any other brush i own
a really very good synthetic but i guess that’s what we come to expect with shavemac.
Only a two pass shave today as i’m planning a shave everyday starting monday.
Onwards & Upwards Lads
Stay Safe
Lurve that brush!

I don't normally do shave of the day but I was kindly loaned a razor from Dan @ATG.
Soap, MWF.
brush, omega boar 10066
Razor, a nice looking cased, as I understand is a schick L type injector.
Blade, schick ultra platinum.
Aftershave, Brut.

This is my third shave with this razor, the day after the rirst shave I was down heartened as I had an itchy beard area.
I so wanted this razor to be good.
I had no itch today, shaved a wee while ago and chin feels fine.
Then i remembered I was trimming conifers on Friday and that is what caused the itching.
So overall, great razor, great shave. (y) :)

Sunday AM 2021-10-17
National Pasta Day
mYuuUI8.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow) + Coate's Sandalwood shaving cream
Paradigm 17-4/Wolfman WRH2
Schick Super Stainless (Chrome) (13)
Floris Santal aftershave

The Schick blade started out feeling just a little rough, but after 3-4 shaves it smoothed out to be equivalent to a Light Brigade or P74. It remains sharp now after 13 shaves, so I am going to try to use it for another 5 shaves or so to see how durable it is. I have noticed that it seems more finicky about the razor in which it is used: it worked really well in the brass Carbon Mokume-gane, the H&S P076-SB Copper, and the LASSC BBS-1, but not so well in the Wolfman WR2-SB or the Paradigm 17-4, for some reason. In contrast, a P74 or LB works well in any of those razors. I love these sandalwood software products, and the experience was finished really nicely with a touch of custom Ethos Mandarin-Mysore Santal EdP, one of my favorites.
g8c6M19.jpg

This morning's shave - been a bit busy since shave +5 minutes - used the Korean Dorco blades I picked up yesterday, loaded in a trusty Tech. I got a fantastic lather from the blue barbershop soap using the Proraso (omega) boar brush. I also smelt nice using the matching splash.
Onto the Dorco performance, pass 1 was very 'tuggy', pass 2 was a little rough and pass 3 was ok. Didn't quite live up to the package wording of smooth, sharp, long.

I'm going to put this to the test and see how long I can stand it!

Attachments

• IMG_20211017_012455__01.jpg
    IMG_20211017_012455__01.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 6
Sunday 17th October

AM-JKLVKx-Y4nskqYojtZYNOkmDUAUjkbLddxYN43C0unQFqontIskCmF9OCUhukqi9U6LAyyoqMORMEy2DKe0LWtBhE2yZTgiLax5ud7zc4szYiiQUFu3r7vV4DJxng8Ce8KGQb2CI5Poh8ZLSDLc0ZpYRAxw=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Culmak Shaving Bowl (Vintage)
Coronet (Vulfix) Stubby w/Blonde Boar 20mm
RazoRock Hawk (Regular Plate) w/RazoRock HD Handle
Feather ProSuper (7)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

Yeah, back on the regular plate (from the open comb) on the Hawk and finding that a really good fit with the Feather ProSuper for shaves where I don't want an almost imperceptible blade feel that I can get from the A plate and Feather Professional combination.

The soap is box fresh vintage and what a pleasure to take it for its first shave ...

Pure vintage! Lightly citrus? Probably just a simple clean soap scent. No thought of post-shave feel (ping @Bogeyman), just a simple shaving soap with no other thought than shaving. Lovely! What to finish? Pinaud Clubman Musk was absolutely perfect - again, a very light citrus note (very light) but overall, clean and powdery, just like the soap.

Champion! ... as we say here in Yorkshire.

PreShave: Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: Pinnacle Grooming, Barbershop

Brush: Yaqi Heavy Metal

Razor: R6S / R3

Blade: Astra SP #2

Post Shave: Alum block then Proraso White

DE Shave #26

A bit of a rollercoaster shave today. Couldn't get the new soap to a big lather but creamy enough to shave with. I had a mild burning reaction to it but it is the slickest soap I've used this far. I had a couple of blood spots and I'm not sure if I was distracted or maybe the R3 plate isn't right for me.

An hour or so after the shave my face had setttled and feels comfortable and smooth. I do love a happy ending. :)
I had the same issue with their Jean Paul Gautier copy but not the Barbershop. Hopefully the other soaps will be an improvement!

20211017_173513.jpg
SOTD 17th Oct
Brush - PAA Starcraft
Soap - WSP Gaelic Tweed
Razor - Supply V2 3 dot Ultra Close plate
Blade - Schick Proline B20 #7
Post - Cien Aqua lotion & P&B Spitfire balm
For me, a marked difference between 3 dot and 2 dot plates in the Supply. Alot more blade feel, much more efficient on first WTG pass. Feels like I've used the Gem MMOC which is no bad thing. Actually nice that the plate can change the "personality" or "attitude" of a razor.
The supporting cast here was outstanding from lather to post shave - Tidy!
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

View attachment 78592
SOTD 17th Oct
Brush - PAA Starcraft
Soap - WSP Gaelic Tweed
Razor - Supply V2 3 dot Ultra Close plate
Blade - Schick Proline B20 #7
Post - Cien Aqua lotion & P&B Spitfire balm
For me, a marked difference between 3 dot and 2 dot plates in the Supply. Alot more blade feel, much more efficient on first WTG pass. Feels like I've used the Gem MMOC which is no bad thing. Actually nice that the plate can change the "personality" or "attitude" of a razor.
The supporting cast here was outstanding from lather to post shave - Tidy!
Take care all and enjoy your shaves
Tte 3 dot gives a very good shave!

And a very big welcome to this evening's shave complete with the theme 'Pies and PI's'

20211016_182525.jpg

Pork pie - Rocnel SE-P
Steak and kidney pie - 0.43769316% of a Dorco Prime
Chicken and mushroom pie - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Game pie - Saline da Barba
One I made for the crew some time back -

IMG_20210620_161948.jpg

The return of the mad Turkish razor and its bits of a Dorco blade. A blade as it transpired to be on its last legs. Or to be more precise 3 . 1 4 1 5 9 2 6 5 3 5 8 9 7 9 3 2 3 8 4 6 2 6 4 3 3 8 3 2 7 9 5 0 2 8 8 4 1 9 7 1 6 9 3 9 9 3 7 5 1 0 5 8 2 0 9 7 4 9 4 4 5 9 2 3 0 7 8 1 6 4 0 6 2 8 6 2 0 8 9 9 8 6 2 8 0 3 4 8 2 5 3 4 2 1 1 7 0 6 7 9% of its last leg. But amazingly it did its job and an acceptable end with a nearly unacceptable razor. Removing the spent blade is an exercise in finger tip removal, but resigned to the blade bank it was. Time to go splitting and de-tabbing another in readiness. In readiness for what, I have no idea.

Have a most wonderful week ahead you very fine folk

And some chaos and Anarchy to start a new week. Enjoy (or don't)

And a very big welcome to this evening's shave complete with the theme 'Pies and PI's'

View attachment 78593

Pork pie - Rocnel SE-P
Steak and kidney pie - 0.43769316% of a Dorco Prime
Chicken and mushroom pie - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Game pie - Saline da Barba
One I made for the crew some time back -

View attachment 78594

The return of the mad Turkish razor and its bits of a Dorco blade. A blade as it transpired to be on its last legs. Or to be more precise 3 . 1 4 1 5 9 2 6 5 3 5 8 9 7 9 3 2 3 8 4 6 2 6 4 3 3 8 3 2 7 9 5 0 2 8 8 4 1 9 7 1 6 9 3 9 9 3 7 5 1 0 5 8 2 0 9 7 4 9 4 4 5 9 2 3 0 7 8 1 6 4 0 6 2 8 6 2 0 8 9 9 8 6 2 8 0 3 4 8 2 5 3 4 2 1 1 7 0 6 7 9% of its last leg. But amazingly it did its job and an acceptable end with a nearly unacceptable razor. Removing the spent blade is an exercise in finger tip removal, but resigned to the blade bank it was. Time to go splitting and de-tabbing another in readiness. In readiness for what, I have no idea.

Have a most wonderful week ahead you very fine folk

And some chaos and Anarchy to start a new week. Enjoy (or don't)

That pie is brilliant. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom