SOTD- Saturday 16rd to Friday 22th October

245932814_386998343077416_7582206432895891760_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap, 4711 shower gel
Soap: Mastro Miche Artiglio
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (2)

A welcome, long overdue return to a soap that my wife has all but taken ownership of! Refreshingly sweet scent, which I left to waft for the morning, sticking to witch hazel and no ASL.

35739CC9-1F76-424B-8766-FFB2E37BFD66.jpeg

Gillette Flair Tip Rocket:: Gillette London Bridge:: Hand-carved Ash Barbershop Boar:: Signature Soaps Coria:: Benjamin’s Bay Rum Mentholated:: Boot’s Freshwood Balm​

SOTD 18-Oct
DSC02455.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Longtown'
Soap: PAA Blue Samhain
Razor: CB Karve Brass (F)
Blade: GSB (2)

Cracking shave this morning, moved up a plate and still great, can definitely feel it now. GSB still holding strong and weirdly I really like this PAA. It's a strong one and lasts a good while, not my usual 'flavour' but definitely one I'll keep in the rotation over the winter months!

Hope everyone has a grand day of it!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 11.jpg

Pre-Shave - Proraso Green
Soap - TOBS Grapefruit
Brush - Vie Long extra soft synthetic 24mm
Bowl - Fine lather bowl
Razor - Occam's ( #1 )
Blade - Proguard (3)
A/S - Epsilon Blue Mediterranean
A/S Balm - Proraso Green

3 different top guards with this razor #1 mild, #2 medium and #3 aggresive. Had my first two shaves with medium #2 so I tried #1 today.
Had a few days growth but it was still very efficient on 3 passes. I did work a little harder on the pickups drawing a couple of weepers but cold water was enough to deal with them. Still very comfortable and irritation free despite ++ on the pickups.
The TOBS is a potent punch in the face of grapefruit. Added menthol from the pre-shave made for a really enjoyable and invigorating shave.
I love this Epsilon Blue Med aftershave. The matching shaving cream could well be on my list for Santa.

Have a great day and enjoy your shaves !

Monday AM 2021-10-18
Publication date of 'Moby Dick' in England (in 3 volumes) by Herman Melville, in which the term 'brick and mortar' was first used, 1851
T26CK21.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/48)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream (vintage)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Pineapple Brass
Schick Super Stainless (Chrome) (14)
Calvin Klein Eternity aftershave
CAA09Sh.jpg

17 October
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #29
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

19 October
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #29
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Lost Tribe of the Sith book 2 of 9
Fiction-StarWarsLostTribeoftheSith2-300x456.jpg

PS-Trumpers Skin Food
Brush-Razorock 400
Soap-The other wool fat
Blade-Feather
Razor-Weidi Adjustable*
AS-Nivea
AAS-Thayers

I noticed the queries about this razor and picked one up on Amazon. It’s a bit of a beast being nearly 120mm long. The finish is ok and the adjustment collar is positive as is the loading mechanism. I wound it up to max and it performed well. I like heavy razors and its up there with the Merkur Vision and a fraction of the price.

BA8CC23A-2D34-4845-BC0E-BB761AAD16B7.jpeg

Tues 19 SOTD
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Single Ring
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 3rd use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
This is a wonderful soap! Lovely bayrum scent, rich creamy and very slick lather...
A great shave with the antique razor paired with the excellent blade! Crisp, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish without any issues. Aftershaves were good too.
20211019_102234.jpg

SOTD : 19th October 2021.

27.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Crema Da Barba.
Blade: Derby Premium. ( D3)
Razor: Kanzy K100.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Boots Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

The Derby Premium /Kanzy K100 duo paired together wonderfully. The Kanzy K100 razor isn't the most efficient razor but it gives a close acceptable shave.

It's been quite a while since i last used the cella shaving cream and forgot how much of a wonderful performer it is...Every time i use it's scent reminds me of Cherry Bakewell Tarts...If i had to pick a favourite cream/soap ASL duo then the classic old school Cella Crema Da Barba & P&G Old Spice original aftershave would be a very strong contender. :love:

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom