SOTD- Saturday 16rd to Friday 22th October

SOTD 19-Oct
DSC02460.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: Cerberus
Razor: CB Karve Brass (G)
Blade: GSB (3)

Excellent shave this morning, that's despite the G plate being a bit too much for my 1 day growth, but it was still a smooth (with a bit of cap riding) shave with a cracking finish. I think the D/E plates are sufficient for daily use for myself.

Wonderfully smooth and ready for the day ahead, hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

20211019_085100.jpg
Today's shave, as promised on another thread, was a first run for Ach Brito Mogno soap. I applied it like you would a shave stick, rubbing it on my face and then face lathering with the Simpson Commodore. There was enough for 2 passes without reload and indeed this sufficed. Plenty of cushion and glide to tame the Fritz Bracht Tennis that has just come off the diamond/balsa. Nice fresh scent too. Nivea men cream and Alvarez Gómez AdC to finish.

Tuesday

adstGRI.png

Valet Auto/Strop Silver Plate VB2 Canada / Feather Fhs-10
Elite Red, White & Blue 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Fine American Blend Shaving Soap & Aftershave

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: ES - Preshave Oil
Razor: Hone 15 - A
Blade: Dorco Platinum (1)
Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
S Cream: OneBlade - Lavender

Oneblade Lavender it's going to see me this week of the calendar

Another comfortable but lifeless shave provided by the Hone. Especially with this blade which has absolutely no bite to it, getting the Hone around my face reminds me of the cart razors days. No concentration needed just plow through removing the stubble. Actually the ease of the shave was very welcomed as my mind could easily drift away to how I felt when visiting a lavender field last year. The soap is very scent accurate and it does not disappoint at all performance wise. Finishing off with a matching AS from Castle Forbs I am now awaiting a visit from the bumble bees.

Have a great week everyone!

SOTD.jpg

IMG_20211019_sm.jpg

I’ve been using the Feather AS-D2 a fair bit recently, as it’s simply a great, mild yet efficient razor, especially when paired with its eponymous blade. Expensive, certainly, but beautiful made and a joy to use, especially once you have found that "magic" angle.

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: LEA Shave Stick
Brush: Stirling Butterscotch BB Flat-top
Pre-shave: None
Post-shave: LEA Balm

51675D2D-916A-4A9E-A3E3-A2CC4BA8212A.jpeg

SOTD: 19/10/2021

Razor: Karve Brass D plate
Blade: Viking Sword, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake two band badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Prep: shower and Boots No. 7 exfoliating face wash.
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

My favourite Stirling scent so far, and the edt is lovely and long lasting. A fabulous shave, the best lather I’ve got from the Stirling base, it’s amazing what a little more time can’t accomplish, as I’m off this week. I was ready to move this razor on but every time I gear up to let it go I get another outstanding shave from it and can’t! It stays for know, (or until an ac razor is on the BST page and I need the cash maybe!)

19/10/21
Pre - Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap - OSP No. 08
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Sputnik (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - CK Be
Wk 42  (4).JPG
Very simple today.
2 passes for a very close finish, the Sputnik seemed sharp and smooth on its 1st outing.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Back
Top Bottom