SOTD- Saturday 16rd to Friday 22th October

2DZVnDg.png

Gillette '40s Brit Thin Handle Flat Bottom Tech Set
NOS Wlkinson Sword made in England
Elite Razor Orange over Irish Bog Oak 28mm Boar Brush
Ethos Grooming Essentials Lavender Supreme Premium Shave Soap
Ethos Grooming Essentials Lavender Supreme Skin Food Splash

Quite a happy regular for me when over Yorkshire way. Know what you mean though. Angle, angle and......angle
From what I can see placing the plates side by side, the OC and the regular plate are the same geometry. This makes some sense as I believe the OC came first, then a solid bar ... and then the solid bar was tweaked. The OC format lets the blade loose (the super, really a lot more than the regular or guarded blade) and if you scrape with too shallow an angle, it's much like the 1912 if you just put it to your face and scrape on a near perpenticular angle. The regular plate is more forgiving with angle and moreso, the A plate by narrowing that angle. My usual mantra for OCs really won through: if there's lines in the lather, you've got the angle wrong. Ride the cap!

Sun 17 SR SOTD
Soap Cella Milano
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Cella Milano Splash
Over-did the lather...hahahaha! What a great lather...super-rich, creamy and slick. The scent is just too light...
A good enjoyable shave with the razor in 3passes for a dfs/ccs result without issues. Aftershaves were good as well.
20211017_134916.jpg

SOTD : 17th October.

26.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Phoenix & Beau Star Noir Shaving Soap.
Blade: Derby Premium. (D2)
Frankentech: Yingjili Tech head / Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'OREAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB./Milton Lloyd Cobalt EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...

The schmidt R10 handle paired together with the Yingjili Tech head makes a wonderful Frankentech. The extra weight of the R10 handle handle gives a good additional heft, making a non-aggressive yet efficient duo.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Cobalt EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 17-Oct
20211017_090518.jpg
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor: CB Karve Brass (E)
Blade: GSB (1)

A lot better this time around, the Astra blade didn't last the normal 3. I did get a little careless and had a slight nick on the neck, but otherwise a smooth relaxing shave.

I'll work my way through the plates, but really the ones that came the everyday pack do the job well. I may just keep one or two of the higher plates for those multi-day growth shaves.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom