SOTD- Saturday 16rd to Friday 22th October

Sunday 17th October
Yaqi Red Marble Tux - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 - Canadian Schick E3 - NOS Canadian Schick Super Stainless #5 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Wickham Classic 24 ASB
G5XRw9O.jpg

17/10/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot
Soap - OSP Trial Cream #1
Razor - Gillette Techmatic
Blade - Band #5 Shave 4
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - CK Be

wk 42 (5).JPG
OK Then, Todays planned shave was changed so i could reacquaint myself with the Gillette Techmatic band razor. I remember when i got this thing that during messing about with it i had inadvertently moved the NOS blade to the end, then realised it could not be rewound back - sheesh!o_O. I bought it as it came with a lovely leather travel case i wanted - Pennies not £££'s
A quick check, all looked good, a rinse then soak in the hot sink water. I applied some of the OSP cream to the face and spread it evenly around the fizzog, the Wee Scot was dampened and away i went, i am so impressed with these small knotted brushes, dipping the tips and working the cream with painting and swirling strokes i had a fantastic covering in no time, the brush was becoming overloaded so i stopped. Evened out the lather with some easy painting strokes setting the brush to one side.
Right then, using the same cap flat to face angle as i would an injector i set about the first pass WTG, now then, this is really mild, its cutting but i will be here all week, a quick rinse told me it had removed a bit as did the rinse water, i am looking at the head of the razor - Eureka moment! i remembered its an adjustable, what a twonk, its set on #1. A quick adjustment to #4 and i carried on with the shave - that's much better.
I completed the XTG then an ATG pass, then a full buffing pass (i don't think i have ever done a full 4 pass shave). I think this was down to the First pass on too low a setting.
Anyway, i am very happy with the DFS++ finish . The blade feel is a bit like a milder, smoother DE blade, not pulling but you know its cutting, It definitely does not tug or pull, IIRC it has been like this from the off. My beard is Fine to Medium with some heavier area under the Jaw and on the chin but it has managed them well enough. I think this razor may struggle on very strong beards , not sure though.
I enjoyed that and i am thinking of adding it to the rotation to get some more experience and use from it.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
PreShave: Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: Pinnacle Grooming, Barbershop

Brush: Yaqi Heavy Metal

Razor: R6S / R3

Blade: Astra SP #2

Post Shave: Alum block then Proraso White

DE Shave #26

A bit of a rollercoaster shave today. Couldn't get the new soap to a big lather but creamy enough to shave with. I had a mild burning reaction to it but it is the slickest soap I've used this far. I had a couple of blood spots and I'm not sure if I was distracted or maybe the R3 plate isn't right for me.

An hour or so after the shave my face had setttled and feels comfortable and smooth. I do love a happy ending. :)

9EA4B31D-37FF-4206-81B0-2BA8B9E699CF.jpeg

SOTD: 17/10/2021

Razor: Blackland Blackbird long and short handled.
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless, 3rd use
Brush: Oumobrush Silvertip In a Handmade Bog Oak Handle
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Prep: Shower and PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Proraso Wood And Spice Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Wood And Spice Cologne
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I wanted to test which handle I actually preferred in a face off, (not literally!) and though I enjoyed using both but the best results, easier to use and simpler to manoeuvre was the short handle.
The long handle was a PIF from another forum originally, so in the spirit it was given I’m going to do the same! I’ll post the links here though as this is my wet shaving forum ‘home’.
Fabulous scent on this cream and the aftershave is just knock out, (literally can be a bit too heady if I put too much on!) Enjoy what’s left of the weekend guys.

Razor = Karve CB ( C )
Blade = Gillette Super Thin Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = Shavemac 24mm Synthetic
Soap = A&E Vetimore Shaving Butter
Spash = Boots Freshwood
Balm = Matching Soap
8AEC6607-6EA3-48B9-B4AB-8F37E7380FDB.jpegAnother Cracking shave for me today even although i think the dury is out on these vegan soaps.
I never actually bought it because it was vegan
i just wanted to give them a try.
It’s the first use for me on the Verimore and it’s very good however i can’t take the vegan or leave it.
Personally i think it would be a lot better with a bit of animal fat lol but i guess that defeats the purpose.
Another first for me with the brush and i would say it has more backbone than any other brush i own
a really very good synthetic but i guess that’s what we come to expect with shavemac.
Only a two pass shave today as i’m planning a shave everyday starting monday.
Onwards & Upwards Lads
Stay Safe

Back
Top Bottom