SOTD : Saturday 15th May to Friday 21st May 2021.

Monday 17th May
Menthol Monday
Alpha Outlaw - OSP Lemon, Peppermint & Menthol - EndGem Speed 3D ••• - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - Electrif's Lementhol A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
mKUzBNc.jpg

dkpwatson64_1621069339.jpg

I'm kept it nice and simple for a morning shower shave. The Rockwell 6S on plate 4 with a new Voskhod and Mitchell's Wool Fat worked really well. :)

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: TBD
Bowl: Face lather

A marvellous combination!
I discovered a really great combination of shaving soap and AS splash yesterday late evening that, in retrospect, I shouldn't have been surprised by...and perhaps others have discovered this long before me...

TGS Pino Alpestre shaving soap, liberally face-lathered with a PAA Peregrino, removed in two passes with a Gold Octagonal EJDE89 loaded with a Gillette Nacet, followed by a splash or two of M&S Original Woodspice AS.

The excellent Pino Alpestre (which I assume translates from Italian to mean "Mountain Pine") just fits perfectly with the Woodspice, which I reckon has to be the best value fragrance out there in terms of quality of the scent, longevity and price.
(But that's a whole other thread no doubt)

P1000129.JPG

Enjoy what I hope will be a great day all.. :)

SOTD 17-May
20210517_120921.jpg
View attachment 92146
Prep: Warm shower
Razor: Razorock Hawk SS V3 'A'
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Brush: Shave Factory/Omega Boar
Soap: Folk Soap

Simple setup and use of a soap I'm not particularly precious about to allow the continued abuse of the boar. Tried a couple of times to load then go to the bowl, the lather just didn't last on the face.

Changed it up a bit, reloaded and went straight to the face instead, that worked a treat. It may be that I'm still getting used to how much water this thing actually holds.

Either which way good end result, refreshed and ready for the day!

Have a good one all

Cheers

Marc

17/05/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: Signature Soap Valentia
Razor: PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue (7)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Gucci by Gucci Balm
Aftershave: Signature Soap Valentia
Wk20 (3).JPG
A wonderful face lather with the Signature Soap and Alpha Ti brush, the razor fitted with the 6 shave Gillette Bleue performed very well,
The PILS is a mild and very efficient razor, although, not as angle critical as the AS-D2 i had.
The Blade seems to have lost a bit of its smoothness but still did a fine job.
A very comfortable DFS++ Finish.
A nice post shave routine finishing things off, the Gucci balm is on its last legs now.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Mon 17th May

Omega 11126 boar
Ach Brito Mogno
Yaqi Excalibur + S/S Handle
Schick Proline ( 3 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

I Shaved with The Yaqi yesterday, and had a very late Shave, as I was tied up sorting out accounts.Decided today to change the handle. This proved to be a good move as the combo handled really well, and with a great Mogno lather I had no problem getting a super close all round finish.

B2F415FF-8DAB-4A2F-8C18-11559A4A6CCE.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom