SOTD : Saturday 15th May to Friday 21st May 2021.

Sunday 16th May

ACtC-3dcGTQvohsM3-zUu7DVBxNbUjPP8rwEqO2kbuVwA3HV77gLmW6VFSJiCgOTKp_ZTJYwij8HsTFcwN0B6xCq9BKILdB-m_j5oDnSsPn9AcaueEwQC52lXVgBsA_TeNWMzuhXwm1K4izSaPys_IapjJQwfQ=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Erasmic Shaving Soap (Vintage)
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
Yaqi AC V1 w/Muhle Rocca R95 Handle
Kai Captain Mild (1)
Brut Sport Style Aftershave

Fun week using my little collection of Brut aftershaves ...

I've started a new blade in the V1 version of the Yaqi AC razor - first impression is, it's a bit like a three day old Feather. It'll no doubt smooth up, but I rather missed the heart-thumping danger that a fresh Feather brings. Like yesterday, I've popped the head onto a Muhle Rocca handle (not as pictured) and it feels like they're made for each other. Super balance.

ACtC-3dEiBKxyR-Ml2Dq0bZg5x1SaDte51WPEgu0GgnZyZpw49yvSSvwyFrk7ZSU9hTrm0RdIG2F58iQjhRYAxQKqb4KaPS_h7NJyf0E5WflGju5IreXyD4maKfLlf15SI1hwmH_0SBKJGl6u9qm4aLv8KHpqw=w800

Last edited:
So which of these flankers is worth a damn and pray tell why please, kind sir. :unsure:
After Original, the first I bought was Musk ... before the trend towards tobacco flower/blossom and vanilla, there was Brut Musk. Lovely splash! I then bought Passion, which is a fruity do ... sort of somewhere in the same ballpark as Pinaud Eau de Quinine? That'd be my second favourite flanker. The other one that I particularly like is Attraction Totale (a "fougére top notes with lemon, lime & mandarin, and rounds off with galbanum & blackcurrant for a fruity finish") which I like to think of as a kind of happy Eucris.

The rest I bought really to fill in and make up a seven day set. Alaska is much more a green splash, actually akin to Clubman Classic Vanilla (which itself is not what you'd think and actually quite a green splash). Oceans is a sort of nod and a wink to Blue Stratos, just not quite as interesting. Sports Style is a good one! It's along the lines of those Portugese citrus splashes, sort of Alvarez Gomez-lite?

... but Musk is "a must" and fans of Pinaud will feel like they've made a good purchase with Passion as it's the scent from the hair tonic that is not available as an aftershave splash.

Mon 17 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Fatip OC (with the FOCS handle-somehow fits better-no alignment issues)
Blade Gillette London Bridge 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Another awesome soap!! Superb aromatic scent plus creamy and slick lather too...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was excellent. Very smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish.
Aftershaves were awesome too.
20210517_110525.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter/APR ~ Texaus (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

186532507_1778210455691662_3961922595962418779_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Mastro Miche Artiglio
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Rockwell Model T (4,2)
Blade: Voskhod (2)

Full description on the Rockwell pass around page :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom