SOTD : Saturday 15th May to Friday 21st May 2021.

SOTD : 15th May 2021.

97.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos ~Vegetale Shaving Soap.
Blade : Gillette Nacet. (D1)
Razor : Pearl SBF-11.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml Care+Witch Hazel Mixture./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB./ P&G ~ Old Spice Bearglove ASL Spray.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...It's been a while since i last used the Gillette Nacet and forgot how sharp these blades are paired up with the Indian Pearl SBF-11 razor was a wonderful efficient duo slicing through my stubble with effortless ease.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of P&G ~ Old Spice Bearglove ASL Spray.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 15 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade Czech Astra Superior Stainless 5th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Wonderful under-rated soap. Love the wonderful scent and enjoy the thickly creamy slick lather...
Shave with vintage razor paired with the blade with an added shim was very nice. Really smooth and comfortable and can feel the blade is still crisply sharp & rigidly held up during the atg pass on the chin/lips area. The result was a mostly bbs finish.
Aftershaves were awesomely cool!!
20210515_001624.jpg20210515_110527.jpg

IMG_20210514_140903_0~2.jpg
SOTD 15 May 2021

Razor - karve SS #E SB
Blade - NOS Gillette Nacet France 1985 F2
Soap - La Savonnire du Moulin
Brush - SJ Oak handled barber's silvertip
Post - Baxter of California ASB

A superb shave, the Karve E plate paired with a vintage Nacet worked very well indeed.
The Donkey milk soap I had not used for ages but I'm pleased I did today, a luxurious thick creamy lather with a great post shave feel.
A really close and comfortable shave leaving me with the smoothest of finishes.

Have a good weekend chaps.

Paul.

Last edited:
[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
F.W. Engels Leader Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Vitos Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Lovely Shave Today with My F.W Engels Solingen 6/8th ..She Sports a 17 K Escher Thuri Edge..I Just Love these Solingen Razors that Were More or Less Made for the More..Up Market USA..Wunderbar..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:git:

Billy..
:chores016:

186504723_773296703386067_6212734270660743951_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Legno di Rosa
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)

Simple but sweet Saturday shave :giggle: The GWS was sharp from the off, but not to the level of the Super Blue or London Bridge. It coped well with the problem spot on my neck, however, and has tidied it up with no irritation. A spray of Duru to finish to try and counter the crappy weather outside. It didn't make it feel any less dreary out there, but it did at least leave me feeling refreshed!

Saturday

Phoenix and Beau Denali
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite after shave

Cool and smooth as you like. A great pairing with the slant and GSB. The 37C is a great daily driver; comfortable and very efficient at leaving a 2 pass shave that feels closer to 3.

8C51F222-3629-4372-A675-CBB7038F19A8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom