SOTD : Saturday 15th May to Friday 21st May 2021.

Friday 21st May

Mojjevelnik-mdb631_1.jpg

L'Oreal Men Expert Charcoal Face Wash
TDS Evergreen Juniper
SOC Semogue Taj
Yaqi AC w/KCG Handle
Feather ProGuard (3)
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave

Super gift from @Jester with a small selection of soap samples from the TDS range - he sent me the Juniper (Evergreen), the Rose & the Lilac. I totally get these scents! I'm a reasonably frequent wearer of Russian Colognes and can totally fit these scents in with them. I started with the Juniper and lathered up a little dot of the soap in with my Semogue boar in my hand. Slick!

I think this blade is hitting its sweet spot as it delivered an exceptionally smooth shave. The soap, once washed off, left with with that creaking clean feeling, the sort of thing that can have a shiny razor judder when shaving but it certainly did not. I don't feel too moisturised either, something I particularly don't like ... so a well balanced soap, I think.

With that piney, tarry scent from the soap, what better than a liberal splash of Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve?

Champion!

Enjoy your Friday night, fellows! Enjoy your weekend.

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California Daily face wash.
Pre: Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic
Soap: Stirling Dark Orchid
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familigia
Razor: Laef Twig
Blade: half a shark
Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.
I had a great shave bar a little roughness with the blade as it was its forth outing which was a shave too far but the Twig is so mild it was manageable nonetheless and still gave a good enough for work shave!

Attachments

• EFE7EFE5-EADF-43EC-88AE-8C63508D1902.jpeg
    EFE7EFE5-EADF-43EC-88AE-8C63508D1902.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2
Friday 21st May

Hampshire Wool Fat
Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Yaqi Excalibur
Kai Protouch MG (4)
Vintage Shulton Old Spice Aftershave

Roadworks, traffic jams and accidents caused our journey from North Cornwall to Nottinghamshire take all day.
A soothing bubble bath and shave helped restore some calm - aided by half a bottle of Bacardi Spiced Rum afterwards

6BAACD49-7584-4A56-B1AA-359E2319EBAA.jpeg
Pre: bluebeards revenge preshave oil, hot shower
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Soap: b&m le grand chypre
Razor: Dovo black star 5/8th pakkawood

and weekend is here so is another outing of the straight. Lovely shave - slowly getting better at it. Majority of face can be done to near DFS level with two passes, just the neck is being a bit tricky to get it to that level - so here I employed my ikon b1 slant to touch it up .

Had this soap for a while however never used it until today. Beautiful is the word for it - excellent cushioning, very good slickness and an amazing scent! Love it! Need to take a look whether there is an aftershave in this scent.

not going to lie - I’m starting to want another straight more and more. Seems to be a trend now - during the week mainly using SE or DE, weekends usually straights. Lovely rabbit hole.

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California Daily face wash.

Pre: Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic
Soap: Wickhams 1912 city’s musk sample (I completely forgot I got gifted a small pack of this and Irish fern when I first bought my old progress).
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger.
Razor: Futur clone
Blade: Persona Viking Sword
Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.
My best shave in days no doubt due to this cream and blade combo. I forgot I had it if I’m honest and it’s only served to remind me I need to buy some Wickhams, (apparently this is an old discontinued fragrance). The lather feels thick rich and nourishing and leaves an amazing after feel, so good I nearly didn’t bother with any post shave balm.

Attachments

• 3D7827C0-7C04-4E33-854A-29112219A0FD.jpeg
    3D7827C0-7C04-4E33-854A-29112219A0FD.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom