SOTD : Saturday 15th May to Friday 21st May 2021.

186478087_304643994666353_2626900859282294438_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Stirling Hipster
Brush: 24mm Mysteriosu Space Tuxedo
Razor: Rockwell Model T (2,3)
Blade: Voskhod (1)

First run out with the generously loaned Rockwell, and as I'd hoped it's got some heft. Tried and tested setup of Stirling and Voskhod and a low starting number for a safe shave. I've not pushed it this morning, so the finish is good, but nowhere near what this razor feels capable of. I'm also wondering whether I may have finally found a razor that does not pair with the Voskhod - I'll increase the gap tomorrow and make a decision whether to try another blade after that. Dan @ATG has suggested Wilkinsons, and as I have white box, black box and some NOS British blades I'll probably give these a run. Out of interest, can anyone confirm the difference - if any - between the black and white boxed blades :unsure:

Sunday shave 16/05
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap & splash : stirling Black cherry glacial
Alum bloc
Brush : alpha outlaw
Razor: karve D plate
Blade : permasharp 3rd use

Sunday morning shave went for some stirling back cherry today had about a weeks growth and was the 3rd use of the permasharp blade was a great shave this morning and the permasharp really goes well with the karve

Attachments

• 20210516_104418.jpg
    20210516_104418.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210516_104355.jpg
    20210516_104355.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210516_104055.jpg
    20210516_104055.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210516_103952.jpg
    20210516_103952.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210516_103839.jpg
    20210516_103839.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210516_103829.jpg
    20210516_103829.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1
SOTD 16-May
20210516_115006.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Razor: Thiers Arminius 5/8
Brush: New Omega/Shave Factory Boar
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

The start of the break in period, good soak and a going over with a hard soap. Took a little acclimatisation, not used to a brush holding so much water, but after that was sorted and I took to using the brush like I hated it, it produced mounds of stable lather.

Nice scrubby feeling on the face, I'm interested to see how it changes over time.

Have a grand day all

Cheers

Marc

Ran out of time to post yesterdays SOTD but here’s today’s.
F4F93636-135C-4823-B396-4F3996C3DFA7.jpegPrep: Shower with Baxter’s of California Daily face wash.
Pre: Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic
Soap: PAA Future Fiction
Brush: Yaqi sagrada familia
Razor: Futur clone
Blade: Personna - Viking's Sword 3rd use
Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.
Back with the PAA future fiction soap as a weekend treat and it’s even better the second time!
The Persona Blade is still going strong and it’s easy to see why Kevy Shaves and others are raving about them.
the Baxter’s face wash is ok but nothing special and I’ve used the tonic as a preshave with no noticeable difference in results but this was the first time I used it as a post shave too and surprisingly it was gently refreshing.
Now I just need to hunt down the Future Fiction Aftershave!

16/05/21
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap: Signature Soap Vectis
Razor: ATT Windsor CR1
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue (6)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

Wk20 (2).JPG
A very nice shave earlier today with the new to me ATT CR1, the Brilliant Vectis Signature Soap and the Zenith brush (courtesy of the Emporium).
I'd had a hankering for a while for a CR1 and with interest piqued again due to the Copper Zenith acquisition, i found 1 available on BST across the street and the trigger was pulled, i am so happy i did.
The brush is going to take a little getting used to, i thought it had struggled to pick up enough soap, however, adding water droplets direct to the brush during the face lather it produced copious amounts of nicely scented goodness for the job in hand.
The CR1 paired with the vintage blade on its 6th outing was wonderful, very smooth. It really is a nice piece of kit.
Yes, 6 shaves so far, and it was a smooth as ever. i am going to push this blade until the end, its seems only right.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

16/05/21
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap: Signature Soap Vectis
Razor: ATT Windsor CR1
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue (6)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

View attachment 69959
A very nice shave earlier today with the new to me ATT CR1, the Brilliant Vectis Signature Soap and the Zenith brush (courtesy of the Emporium).
I'd had a hankering for a while for a CR1 and with interest piqued again due to the Copper Zenith acquisition, i found 1 available on BST across the street and the trigger was pulled, i am so happy i did.
The brush is going to take a little getting used to, i thought it had struggled to pick up enough soap, however, adding water droplets direct to the brush during the face lather it produced copious amounts of nicely scented goodness for the job in hand.
The CR1 paired with the vintage blade on its 6th outing was wonderful, very smooth. It really is a nice piece of kit.
Yes, 6 shaves so far, and it was a smooth as ever. i am going to push this blade until the end, its seems only right.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
season 4 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Sunday 16th May

Soap - D R Harris Lavender
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - Yaqi Excalibur
Blade - Kai Protouch MG (1)
Post - Lynx Dark Temptation

Caravan Shower Room Shave

Excalibur felt assertive with a fresh Protouch MG loaded. IMO, this razor is a fair bit keener than my Hawk V3-A.
Still smooth, but definitely a step up in assertiveness.

Back
Top Bottom