SOTD : Saturday 15th January-Friday 21st January 2022.

20 January

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Yaqi Dandelion
Razorock Game Changer .68-P
Feather Hi-stainless
Clinique post-shave soother

50C77C91-0DBC-47E0-B354-9B558C6C57ED.jpeg
My thanks to @BrianH for the very large sample of Eboracum shaving soap included with my last order. Not a scent that I would have chosen, but it performed perfectly and the mild peppermint tingle was fun this morning. A very pleasant shave indeed.

Good morning all,

Prep, warm water and a flannel
Razor, ATT H plate (from Boycie of this parish) on a Razorock Handle
Blade, Lord’s Silver
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Cream, Bond Fresh
A/S, Bond Fresh

A 3 way pass. Very smooth and efficient. I did get one weeper but somewhere I’ve had them before and more down to user error and potentially not using a new blade. Than the razor. Unless I have issues with a blade I always try and use them at least 3 times.

On application of the A/S very little stinging etc. Very happy with the results nice and close and it feels like I’ve had a shave if that makes sense. I’d suggest it feels similar to shaves I’ve had with the Blackland Blackbird / Brassbird.

Sorry, one thing I forgot to mention. I saw on an online shaving video that the poster after shaving put on a layer of soap / cream while he was cleaning up his brushes / razor etc. He then rinsed it off with cold water and applied A/S.

I tried this. No discernible difference for me. I just thought I’d try it. Do others do this, any pro’s / cons in doing so?

Best,

Ben

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Prep, warm water and a flannel
Razor, ATT H plate (from Boycie of this parish) on a Razorock Handle
Blade, Lord’s Silver
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Cream, Bond Fresh
A/S, Bond Fresh

A 3 way pass. Very smooth and efficient. I did get one weeper but somewhere I’ve had them before and more down to user error and potentially not using a new blade. Than the razor. Unless I have issues with a blade I always try and use them at least 3 times.

On application of the A/S very little stinging etc. Very happy with the results nice and close and it feels like I’ve had a shave if that makes sense. I’d suggest it feels similar to shaves I’ve had with the Blackland Blackbird / Brassbird.

Best,

Ben
My new #1 customer. The Emporium salutes you and you now qualify for a 0.25% discount on your next purchase*. Don't forget to rate me 5 stars on Rustpilot

*Valid until 15:00 on 20/01/2022

20 January

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Yaqi Dandelion
Razorock Game Changer .68-P
Feather Hi-stainless
Clinique post-shave soother

View attachment 83123
My thanks to @BrianH for the very large sample of Eboracum shaving soap included with my last order. Not a scent that I would have chosen, but it performed perfectly and the mild peppermint tingle was fun this morning. A very pleasant shave indeed.
Cheers
Glad you liked it. Peppermint is nice and fresh. Regards Brian

20/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Duke 2
Soap - Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Voskhod Teflon coated (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Copycat Executive
Wk 03 22 (6).JPG
Definitely more confident, no issues to report from an enjoyable 2 pass shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Yesterday’s shave

m2.JPG

Soap – Tabac
Brush – Sagrada Familia
Razor – Muhle Rocca
Blade – Sputnik
A/S – Tabac
Balm – Lea 3in1

A new razor and blade. I don’t normally pair new blades and razors for a first shave but since they arrived together in the post I couldn’t help myself. Fortunately this pairing was fantastic and I had a very, very close and comfortable shave. The Blackbird is my closest shaver and I’d say this is on par if not closer.
I love the head styling, it's very well balanced, feels great in the hand and its noticeably more audible than anything else I own.
A very welcome addition and looking forward to trying it with other blades and likewise the Sputnik in some other razors.

Enjoy your shaves !

I saw on an online shaving video that the poster after shaving put on a layer of soap / cream while he was cleaning up his brushes / razor etc. He then rinsed it off with cold water and applied A/S.

I tried this. No discernible difference for me. I just thought I’d try it. Do others do this, any pro’s / cons in doing so?

Yup, me

I don't see any pros or cons but just think I've put in all this bloody effort to make this lather so I may as well use it all up.

Plus I guess a good clean afterwards and a nice scent always goes a long way to that aftershave feel of bliss.

Add to that I am sodding odd anyway

Sotd-20-01-22.png
This afternoon -

razor - Merkur 37 slant
blade - Treet carbon (2)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band
soap - OSP - Orange & Patchouli
post - cold water
balm - Arran - Patchouli & Anise
scent - Essence Vault - 481 'Terre d' Hermes'

All good. @hdb3326 - yes, I apply the left over lather to my face every shave and leave it there while I do the initial tidy up. Then rinse off before whatever post I'm using. The effect, to me, depends on the soap - something like Nivea cream will not make much positive difference, but certainly no detriment. Where it works best is with either tallow hard soap or modern vegan premium bases, where I find a noticeable difference in how moisturised/supple my skin feels. Try it yourself - see what you think. You've made the lather anyway. :) - cheers all - I.

B8465FEC-CBD6-4A85-A594-AE089DFB29FA.jpeg
SOTD: 20/01/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

It took a while to get here but was worth the wait, The Green soap is great and the splash was amazing, so I’m glad it finally arrived! The 6s was a dream as always and the Yaqi was my first cashmere knot and it was genuinely so soft and gentle, very similar to a Synbad that for the £6 I paid it’s amazing value!
A great start to the day, enjoy yours!

Thursday AM 2022-01-20
Motorized log world speed record (47.64 mph) set by Pioneer Cedar Rocket on this date, 2016
sq10tTs.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26/66)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version) + Moroccan Rose Absolute Hydrosol
LASSC BBS-1
Wilkinson London Bridge (9)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave
IMSlAsC.jpg

Thursday 20th January

AM-JKLWRSvEqKWnBSceREF2Q769nYtOb4GLGW8QR8RKPVwiIJSmzW5V_DeB-fbmZ6nts9zA_S2llcGLPRUzgz8yJLjP-ar0TJJQqFJ0-JEmdc_NAjEgde_VjX1rCpu26-YQM8edY9s8skxg07_RTJKN3HUQssA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Tcheon Fung Sing Traditional Line (Yellow) Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Gillette Fusion (Flexball) Limited Edition
Gillette Fusion ProGlide (9)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

Enjoying this run through the TFS Traditional Line shaving soaps, last night the green, tonight yellow and tomorrow will be red.

Thursday 20th January

Pre Olive Oil Soap
Brush Boti Captain 3 Band Badger
Soap Sterling Haverford
Razor PAL Injectomatic with A Personna Blade
Post Hyaluronic Acid and Palmers Moisturiser
A/S Bond Whiskey
Fragrance Oud Khalifa

Almost the end of a pretty sh*t week. My car has been the garage a lot over the last two weeks but failed it's MOT today. To make matters worse.....my wife has had
a clutch failure on hers and it is now a struggle for me to get into work. We use a small local garage so a Courtesy Car is not an option. I have spent so much I don't feel inclined to walk away.
I needed a shave but didn't feel like making the effort tp take a picture

I was a really nice/good shave which is just as well....anything else and I think I would have lost the will to live:(

Back
Top Bottom