SOTD : Saturday 15th January-Friday 21st January 2022.

21/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor - Razorock Hawk Stainless "A"
Blade - Feather Pro Blade (12)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk 03 22 (7a).JPG
I over loaded the RR400 with soap, not sure why? The Williams always seems easier to lather for me with a synth, i ended up with far too much lather for the shave, i completed 2 passes - WTG & ATG with a bit touch up on the whirlpools. The blade has been banked even though it still seems to be going strong.
All in all a very nice easy shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Next week i will be revisiting the Treet Black carbon blade.
I look forward to your take on this blade - I've had great results with the DuraSharp and the 'Black Beauty' might seem the obvious next choice for me to try. Equally, I haven't used the Treet Classic yet. I believe that Tiger - the Czech company - do a carbon blade but opinions seem to vary wildly about them - to the extent that some doubt that they are in fact designed for shaving at all. I'm swithering whither to 'take one for the team' and find out. :) - I.

SOTD 21-Jan
View attachment 83165
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: P&B BlueBird
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Astra SP (1)

Friday at last, both can't come soon enough and also sneaks up on you like a son of a... when you're busy as hell!

Decent enough shave to end the week, I keep trying these Astras every so often and I'm still not getting on with them in the blackbird. The GSBs work perfectly for me so I really shouldn't change a winning formula but I love experimentation!

Hope everyone has a grand day and weekend!

Cheers

Marc
What a nice looking brush, Marc.
I'm doing my best to resist buying a C&H brush !

I always try to give an honest opinion in my ramblings...Firstly the Treet Classic is worth trying out, sharpness wise I place them slightly lower than Astra SP....but for smoothness near equally the same as the DuraSharp....The 'Black Beauty' it's been a while since i last used them..my experience with them is very limited but what i remember they are smooth & fairly efficient and got 2-3 adequate shaves from them...Give the 'Black beauty' a try Iain and confirm if your swithering whither is correct. -Yours. Barry.

Last edited:
I look forward to your take on this blade - I've had great results with the DuraSharp and the 'Black Beauty' might seem the obvious next choice for me to try. Equally, I haven't used the Treet Classic yet. I believe that Tiger - the Czech company - do a carbon blade but opinions seem to vary wildly about them - to the extent that some doubt that they are in fact designed for shaving at all. I'm swithering whither to 'take one for the team' and find out. :) - I.
I used the 'Black Beauty ' years ago and didn't enjoy it at all. It was uncoated (at that time) and rough. The fact that it was black and had a catchy name seemed to attract users. The Treet Classic is an excellent blade....very similar to the Durasharp.

Friday 21st January

Boti 24mm SHD Captain 3BB - P&B Achilles Last Stand - PAL Injectomatic/Personna - Banana Republic Tobacco & Tonka Bean

Well what a relief....the car passed its MOT. I no longer have to worry about not turning up for my shifts. Unfortunately in my NHS Trust the only acceptable excuses for not turning up for work are COVID Isolation or the absence of a pulse. I celebrated by having an excellent shave with a not so excellent photo.

I used the 'Black Beauty ' years ago and didn't enjoy it at all. It was uncoated (at that time) and rough. The fact that it was black and had a catchy name seemed to attract users. The Treet Classic is an excellent blade....very similar to the Durasharp.
I'm new to the Treet stable, but just tried a Platinum today and a great blade, I have Dura Sharp's to try out next

I celebrated by having an excellent shave with a not so excellent photo.

Don't do yourself down. That is a very pretty and colourful photo. Better than mine which are all taken in near enough the same place. And why? Because I am lazy and couldn't care less.

The place I now work part time for would happily take people lacking a pulse

21/1/2022
IMG_20220121_154240.jpg

According to my postings here, it's my first shave since 18/9/2021 so that's 4 months and 3 days!

As you one might expect I had a sizeable beard, which I only had a minor trim about a week ago. Some people's beards grow down and long, but mine seems to grow into itself and instead of growing down it grows into a dense thick mess of hairs. Truth be told, I was quite sick of it about a month ago, but a combination of a few factors, one of which was the fear of cleaning up the mess of hairs once I put the clippers to my face was such a factor to put the clippers away until last night. They managed to clear up most of the long stragglers but I had a few left behind for today's shave.

As I'd not shaved in a really long time, it was quite nice to approach my den with a fresh approach, I went with a few items I knew would be solid performers to get the job done which are

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Wash
Brush - Omega Goodfellas Smile
Soap - Lea Professional Cream
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Astra SP (1)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

Shaving one's face after such a long time is quite an experience, my skin was definitely much softer than it was over 4 months ago but clear it was lacking being exfoliated, which is why I went for a slightly scrubbier boar brush for today's shave and the sensation of face lathering the Lea Cream was quite delightful! I went for a trusty old Astra SP, paired with the Gillette Rocket I bought last year, which I really like the balance of, combined they felt incredibly smooth but after 2 passes, I had a bit of growth left under the jaw but not noticeable to the external eye but a minor grievance for myself. As my skin was much softer than before, it wasn't quite able to take anything more than 2 passes, I think for additional shaves I might just leave it at one pass with a bit of clean up. I finished the shave with some Lea Balm, and my old favourite Superdrug Forest Fresh splash, feels great to have a clean shaven face after so long, but I'm not going to lie to you all, it is definitely strange seeing my face in the mirror after so long without a beard!

Anyway gents, have a good Friday and weekend.

21/1/2022
View attachment 83192

According to my postings here, it's my first shave since 18/9/2021 so that's 4 months and 3 days!

As you one might expect I had a sizeable beard, which I only had a minor trim about a week ago. Some people's beards grow down and long, but mine seems to grow into itself and instead of growing down it grows into a dense thick mess of hairs. Truth be told, I was quite sick of it about a month ago, but a combination of a few factors, one of which was the fear of cleaning up the mess of hairs once I put the clippers to my face was such a factor to put the clippers away until last night. They managed to clear up most of the long stragglers but I had a few left behind for today's shave.

As I'd not shaved in a really long time, it was quite nice to approach my den with a fresh approach, I went with a few items I knew would be solid performers to get the job done which are

Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Astra SP (1)
Post - Lea Balm

Shaving one's face after such a long time is quite an experience, my skin was definitely much softer than it was over 4 months ago but clear it was lacking being exfoliated, which is why I went for a slightly scrubbier boar brush for today's shave and the sensation of face lathering the Lea Cream was quite delightful! I went for a trusty old Astra SP, paired with the Gillette Rocket I bought last year, which I really like the balance of, combined they felt incredibly smooth but after 2 passes, I had a bit of growth left under the jaw but not noticeable to the external eye but a minor grievance for myself. As my skin was much softer than before, it wasn't quite able to take anything more than 2 passes, I think for additional shaves I might just leave it at one pass with a bit of clean up. I finished the shave with some Lea Balm, and my old favourite Superdrug Forest Fresh splash, feels great to have a clean shaven face after so long, but I'm not going to lie to you all, it is definitely strange seeing my face in the mirror after so long without a beard!

wedding crashers comedy GIF

21/1/2022
View attachment 83192

Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Astra SP (1)
Post - Lea Balm

A beard? Heathen

Back
Top Bottom