SOTD : Saturday 15th January-Friday 21st January 2022.

Wednesday SOTD

4ks7fDD.png

RR HAWK V3 OC/Feather Pro
Ever Ready F-40 24mm Oumo Boar
DG La Petite Prairie Shave Soap/Aftershave

Jan. 18, 2022
B0HpplL.jpg

Another day and another shave.

3 passes for effortless BBS. Yes this blade was definitely proline - smoother than feather pro imo. No errors and no irritation - mongoose doesn't fail to perform. I think I'll need to twist things up a bit more in upcoming shaves - lately I've been mainly using necromantic, chaotic neutral and mudder focker. Great soaps but time to move onto some different scents - since I get bored too easily!

Shower then Unscented Cube

Soap: OSP No8

Brush: Yaqi Orbital Ring Boar

Razor: R6S #3

Blade: Derby Extra #1

Post Shave: Alum block - OSP No8 splash

DE Shave #86

Two firsts for me today,
1st first was using a Derby Extra, which didn't feel as smooth initially as any blade I've used previously. By the second pass it was much better.
2nd first was I managed to nick myself with the blade tab (top of left ear).

Overall a great shave.

IMG_0402.JPG

19/01/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Ever ready 1914
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 03 22 (5a).JPG
3 very enjoyable passes for a very comfortable BBS face feeler.
Stay safe and enjoy your day

Last edited:
Wed 19th January

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
MWF
Claymore Evolution
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Waited a while to try the Evo with a Schick Blade. Very smooth and comfortable, and a superb finish in the upper facial areas. I need to improve my ATG technique around the neck. I think that I will break into my Injector rotation to have more Shaves with The Evo.

6D09D141-8ABD-48B7-9CB3-4CE350F249D5.jpeg

Sotd-19-01-22.png
This afternoon -

razor - Merkur 37 slant
blade - Treet carbon (1)
brush - Moka two-band
soap - Extro - Egyptian Oud
post - cold water
a/s - Brut
scent - Oud Isfahan edp.

As close as close can be. The Extro is borderline for me - I absolutely do not have sensitive skin but this soap causes a slight tingling sensation in use and after, which I attribute to how heavily it is perfumed. It's a bit of a shame as the soap base is superb. I don't know if it is a characteristic of this particular scent or whether they are all like that. Apart from that, perfect. Cheers all - I.

A Tuesday evening's delight by the shower room sink and brought to you by the theme 'No giants were included in this shave'

20220117_190925.jpg

Normal - Stainless Mongoose
Very normal - Feather Proguard
Abnormal - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Not normal - Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet
We have assumed control - ADP Assoluta

Don't you just find it so sexy when Kim Deal sings while breathing in? I do, and come on who was it who managed to have a kiss with her? Was that on an in or an out breath?

But who cares anyway, what about the shave you digressive man.

A most fantastic turn out for the Mongoose and I really put this one up with the 'greats'. The blade was superbly smooth as usual and expected, but I don't think it does that ultra close thing. In that sense I find a Feather Pro or super pro to be more suited towards the Goose and either does it that little more justice in bringing out the best it is capable of. Another day though as this Proguard still has quite a few more visitations before it throws its hand in. That is SE's for you.

The 30mm Cashmere did more than justice with the Blenheim though. Probably a little over enthusiastic and enough lather to see you all through a week of SOTD's. A complete lather monster of a brush, and a very pretty one at that.

A very satisfiable shave and a lovely refreshing bit of 'me time'

To leave you all it is some more of those Beaver girls and my tune of the moment. I was listening to their first album this afternoon and they come over as some kind of Japanese female fronted Dead Kennedys. Enjoy.

Since there is no video with this song you can have a photo of them instead

otoboke-beaver-the-all-female-japanese-punk-band-invading-the-us-body-image-1489511666.jpg

Wednesday AM 2022-01-19
National Popcorn Day
wtU0PP3.jpg

Herbert Dick & Earle Smith discovered in 1948 the earliest known evidence of people eating popcorn, 5600 years old, in a bat cave, Catron County, NM

6KD3peH.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (6)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes aftershave

A wonderful shave on a somewhat dreary morning, fresh and sparkling. And once again the old Wilkinson cart razor amazed me with a clean, close shave.
MrAP5Aw.jpg

Last edited:
57FAA034-C98E-4397-85DB-D37E92E2B012.jpeg
SOTD: 19/01/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Proshave S, 4th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime soap
Aftershave: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime EDT
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Love this scent and soap, just wished it was a tad longer lasting. The G5C in the Shedeleven whipped up a real treat of a lather and the Excalibur easily knocked the stubble down. A lovely shave and start to the day.

Razor = Rex Ambassador ( 2.75 )
Blade = Treet 7 Days. ( 3 )
Brush = Bobby Moffat at Sawdust Creations 26mm
High Mountain Badger
Soap = House Of Mammoth HYGGE with matching balm
Splash = Myrsol Don Carlos
1791DAFD-F0D1-46A1-B13D-60DCB415CE80.jpeg
This was the shave of the year so far
an absolute bbs with no weepers.
I haven’t used the Rex since mid november with the thoughts of not using it for a few months, but my stubbornness got the better of me and i’m glad it did.
Since iv had the Rex iv never really got on with it, even on the lowest settings i felt it to aggressive,
i knew it was my fault, my technique but it wasn’t for me nonetheless.
Whether i can ever manage it on 6 time will tell.
The soap for me is top drawer and actually you don’t see it house of mammoth on here to often which surprises me as it’s at the top of its game,
the balm is also very good.
The bottom line is the shave was a 10/10 & 100% the best shave this year so far.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Guys

Back
Top Bottom