Pre - Palmolive Refreshing
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - Kent/MWF
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - 7AM Sharp Platinum (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Old Spice

In the beginning there was THE FAT.

Our lives were simple. In the days we would work in offices and in the evenings and weekends we would sit in our dark cold damp living rooms with our horrible families and watch Bobby Davro, Dale Winton, Bob Holness, Richard Whiteley or Bob Monkhouse on our Cathode Ray televisions, that had a 10 inch screen but weighed more than a family car, but we lived in simple times, simple times that were happy.

But, this wasn't enough.

We rejected THE FAT, our CRT televisions and moved away from all that was humble and pure.

Our lives became complex. We work from home, we eat at home, but never have time to spend time with our families at home. We brought televisions, cars, phones that are operated by computers, that were meant to make our lives more straightforward but made them even more complicated. We occasionally sit in our bright ground floor through lounges (that are neither kitchen or living room) and watch Strictly Come Dancing (for our American friends, it's f*cking sh*te) with our partners but we hate it so on our smartphones we look at video clips of golden retrievers line dancing with old Chinese women, whilst our angry teenagers play angry video games upstairs in their bedrooms.

Not only did we reject THE FAT, we rejected everything that was pure in our senses of being.

THE FAT is not angry with us. THE FAT has love for everyone.

Open your heart to THE FAT, feel it's embrace, it's never too late to turn back.

THE FAT was there before us, and will be here long after us. We need to embrace it's guidance, wisdom and compassion as each day in our future is one more testing than the last and THE FAT will always be there for us.

IMG_20221019_145229.jpg

19/10/22

Soap - Kent/MWF
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Old Spice

Our lives were simple. In the days we would work in offices and in the evenings and weekends we would sit in our dark cold damp living rooms with our horrible families and watch Bobby Davro, Dale Winton, Bob Holness, Richard Whiteley or Bob Monkhouse on our Cathode Ray televisions, that had a 10 inch screen but weighed more than a family car, but we lived in simple times, simple times that were happy.

But, this wasn't enough.

We rejected THE FAT, our CRT televisions and moved away from all that was humble and pure.

Our lives became complex. We work from home, we eat at home, but never have time to spend time with our families at home. We brought televisions, cars, phones that are operated by computers, that were meant to make our lives more straightforward but made them even more complicated. We occasionally sit in our bright ground floor through lounges (that are neither kitchen or living room) and watch Strictly Come Dancing (for our American friends, it's f*cking sh*te) with our partners but we hate it so on our smartphones we look at video clips of golden retrievers line dancing with old Chinese women, whilst our angry teenagers play angry video games upstairs in their bedrooms.

Not only did we reject THE FAT, we rejected everything that was pure in our senses of being.

Open your heart to THE FAT, feel it's embrace, it's never too late to turn back.

THE FAT was there before us, and will be here long after us. We need to embrace it's guidance, wisdom and compassion as each day in our future is one more testing than the last and THE FAT will always be there for us.

View attachment 95056
I have great faith in 'The Fat'..It's never let me down.

Last edited:
Wednesday AM 2022-10-19
Boxers James Kelly and Jack Smith fought the longest bareknuckle fight (6h 15m) on this date in 1856, Melbourne
PDG3dof.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Floris Santal shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane
Personna 74 Tungsten (17)
Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave balm

The brush has very soft tips, but it does well with creams. The scents of the cream and the balm are quite similar, and they complement each other. I usually do not like balms very much, but the Safari balm is more like a milk, not greasy at all.
bgIMfgX.jpg

19/10/22

Soap - Kent/MWF
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Old Spice

But, this wasn't enough.

View attachment 95056
Things have certainly changed Shubs, we used to eat in and shit out, now we eat out and shit in!
At least The Fat remains a constant in our lives! :)

Paul.

I have great faith in 'The Fat'..It's never let me down.

and THE FAT has faith in you Barry now and ever, for you let THE FAT into your heart, you are rewarded.

Things have certainly changed Shubs, we used to eat in and shit out, now we eat out and shit in!
At least The Fat remains a constant in our lives! :)

Paul.

THE FAT was there when we simple creatures shitting in our back garden in our cold frosty outdoor toilets (or squatting next to your fuschias and petunias, for those who like to defecate al fresco I won't knock your tastes) and will be there for when the world will change again. How so I cannot foresee, but THE FAT will be a constant source of wisdom for whichever struggles and frustrations will be new to human existence.

and THE FAT has faith in you Barry now and ever, for you let THE FAT into your heart, you are rewarded.

THE FAT was there when we simple creatures shitting in our back garden in our cold frosty outdoor toilets (or squatting next to your fuschias and petunias, for those who like to defecate al fresco I won't knock your tastes) and will be there for when the world will change again. How so I cannot foresee, but THE FAT will be a constant source of wisdom for whichever struggles and frustrations will be new to human existence.
Hear Hear, fellow brother of 'The Fat appreciation league for keeping The Fat in traditional wet shaving existence.

Wednesday 19th October

AL9nZEVqyS4eTFJyvldcwBNDS766vy6VzkDXkUM99vtiPeqG2fvzCzVh_Pd0XSPaJ909WeGM9-r2BNLEPnlPz9ejK-TH_5ptjdKIe9QkDrca2KUvDE58fOEJ7LcrU6igysrvhK6bP2ImZD9cfQc6S2hhikGR5Q=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham's 1912 Union Square Shaving Soap & Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/HJM Professional Boar 25mm
GEM Junior Parade & GEM by Personna (3)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

Smashing shave, that ... Champion! As we see in these parts.

Wickham 1912 Union Square? Yeah, it's one of Darron's that he gave only the Yanks.

It's a super scent! I know Cherry Cola has been used to describe it and actually, if you think of Cherry Cola while you sniff it, you smell Cherry Cola. It isn't ... it's a rather green scent with cleverly balanced florals and spice and sumptuous woods that swirl around as you shave.

Officially: Lavender, Rose, Orris, Sandalwood, Black Pepper, Cedar & Musk

... which puts you in mind of?

Pitralon Classic, duh! I have the German formulation, which I gather is scented as follows:

Top: Green notes, lemon, bergamot, mandarin, lavender and pineapple.
Middle: Sage, pepper, coriander, cyclamen, rose, lily of the valley, jasmine, orchid, iris and cloves.
Base: Cedar wood, vetiver, patchouli, sandalwood, leather, oakmoss and musk.

Pretty good match, no?

If you want to give the soap a go, I think I got my sampler from Jim over at Shave Dash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom