Razor: Bedford Folding Safety Razor
Blade: Heavily Modified Gem SS
Brush: Graydog Cocobolo/Synbad
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: Brut Splash
Fragrance: Brut Cologne
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,443
Nice one Dave, like you I try to use old razors but have had one or two failure attempts to get a modern blade to work in something verging on a vintage agricultural or surgical tool but thankfully the ubiquitous GEM Personna is around, otherwise I’d have quite a few more “display only” razors to my name than I need ;)

20 October

SV 70th Anniversary
Cadman M55
Rex Ambassador
Kai Stainless
SV 70th Anniversary asl

72C76D59-D186-49C8-B6C8-FA319B764A96.jpeg
I had really good shave this morning. The lather was excellent and the shave was close, but I’m not sure the Kai blade is best suited to the Rex as the blade was quite noticeable during the shave. No damage done, but caution definitely needed.

Nice one Dave, like you I try to use old razors but have had one or two failure attempts to get a modern blade to work in something verging on a vintage agricultural or surgical tool but thankfully the ubiquitous GEM Personna is around, otherwise I’d have quite a few more “display only” razors to my name than I need ;)
Thanks, The "Firm Blade" is a razor I am not comfortable/confident with any blade I've tried yet although some say an injector works. Can't get one to be even and stable. Then the curved placement makes me think it better for armpits than a face :rolleyes:

20 October

Shavette today, ANGLE from morrama with a new Derby professional blade.
Razo-Rock XXX soap brought quickly to a very soft creamy lather by my Ever Ready re knotted synthetic brush.
I’ve done a few re knotting jobs but this was by far the most straightforward. Experience counts, particularly in terms of preparation and deciding which dremel cutter heads to use. The glued in part of the old knot can very from soft to concrete in texture, you never know til you start dremelling. However, the key is to first fully protect the handle with tape, electrical insulating tape works well, place it firmly in a soft jawed vice and then work slowly.
Oh, yes, I’m rambling on, sorry, the shave was excellent with 2 passes and pick ups, thanks for asking. The ANGLE is a very cool design idea, very well finished, made from aluminium it is easy to manipulate but has no real heft and with it’s slim handle I suspect wouldn’t suit everyone.
Whatever you are doing today, have a great day fellas!

49252717-C901-4B1E-8323-5C6D1CBB57C6.jpeg

Thanks, The "Firm Blade" is a razor I am not comfortable/confident with any blade I've tried yet although some say an injector works. Can't get one to be even and stable. Then the curved placement makes me think it better for armpits than a face :rolleyes:
I tried to get a modded GEM to work in an ENDERS Speed razor (the original blades have small arms that clip into the head which can’t be replicated with a GEM) but despite my best efforts and trying many razor shave angles the result was a really aggressive shave, so that was binned. Win some lose some :unsure:

I tried to get a modded GEM to work in an ENDERS Speed razor (the original blades have small arms that clip into the head which can’t be replicated with a GEM) but despite my best efforts and trying many razor shave angles the result was a really aggressive shave, so that was binned. Win some lose some :unsure:
Enders are nice shavers with an Injector blade, using one on video for my Sunday shave and will explain the hack which is very simple but easier to show than type it.

Thursday 20th October
Gem Junior - Gem Stainless Coated #7 - Speick Cream - Alpha T400 - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
Go16ivU.jpg

BF368A72-6AEB-4477-A9E0-C842844B746A.jpeg
SOTD: 20/10/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Cream
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Aftershave: Channel Allure EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another top notch Tech shave with Shannon’s Mars, God of War seemingly apt for the events going on in SW1A 2AA! I’m particularly enjoying the ease of lathering in this bowl at the moment!
Enjoy the day guys!

Wed 19
Cream/Soap Cella
Brush Yaqi 28mm Mellon
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade SilverStar 1st
Aftershave Cella Milano Splash
Nice lather from this cream/soap with a light scent...whip-up by my largest brush. Easy smooth but loud shave with this razor paired with the blade.
20221019_223805.jpg
Thu 20
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Iridium Super 3rd
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Great lather from the soap by the soft brush...
I missed using this razor and paired with the blade provided an excellent crisp and smooth shave for a bbs finish.
20221020_204847.jpg

20/10/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Kent/MWF
Razor - Gillette New OC
Blade - Sharp 7am Platinum (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Original

In a time of great uncertainty, the political world seems to change each day, I look to THE FAT and it remains as resolute as ever (if you got a good batch that is)

IMG_20221020_113100.jpg

To my brotherhood of THE FAT (you know who you are), we are stronger together than we are apart.

20/10/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Kent/MWF
Razor - Gillette New OC
Blade - Sharp 7am Platinum (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Original

In a time of great uncertainty, the political world seems to change each day, I look to THE FAT and it remains as resolute as ever (if you got a good batch that is)

View attachment 95114

To my brotherhood of THE FAT (you know who you are), we are stronger together than we are apart.

The fat is heavy
I ain't your brother

Back
Top Bottom