SOTD: Saturday 15 - Friday 21 October 2022

SOTD: 15th October 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: LEA Classic Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Razor:1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG) (Face) - Gillette Super Blue. (D1)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head/Dome) (D2.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB. / Oud 24 Hours EdP.

(Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...I have carried on for with my blade focus using the Gillette Super Blue in comparison with the Gillette London Bridge the Verdict? IMHO, I find both blades pretty much equal in both smoothness and efficiency.

The only thing that initially puts shaving xenophobic thoughts in my mind each time i shave with the Gillette Super Blue is the sinister looking image on the cover which looks like the illegitimate love child of Bela Lugosi with a mustache...Besides that, everything is tip top about them.

The mild efficient Gillette Guard performed wonderfully mowing through my head/dome stubble with ease...The pivot design is a great bonus for head shaving. What i like about it is the wide gap open comb head so there is no clogging whatsoever it's super safe for head/dome shaving. The overall finish is DFS and comfortably smooth with no irritation or cuts. If only the handle had more weight, it would be perfect.

The recently purchased Omega 10066 boar brush is becoming one of my favourite boar brushes. I personally find the knot size is perfect for me and is good for both face & bowl lathering its tips are softening with each shave and has plenty of backbone.

I still enjoy using my Semogue boar brushes the knots are denser than the ones fitted in the Omega brushes and the handles are far superior to the Omega ones my favourite is fitted on the Semogue 830, I'm not making myself out to be a connoisseur in Boar shaving brushes, but I still prefer Omega boar brushes. As aways YMMV.

My new Christmas present want list to the big fella with the white beard will now consist of the following.

1. The Omega 11137 boar brush which is near the same knot size as the 10066, the only difference is 1mm and the larger Ash wood handle which will be a great addition to my humble boar brush collection after my re-kindled love for them due to the recent purchase of the Omega 10066.

2. A new batch of Schick II twin injector blades for my Schick I1 Injector 1955-58 the smoothness efficiency, & longevity of these blades is astoundingly good.

3. A refill puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap to keep as a spare.

4. A bottle of Brut Attraction Totale or Sport style ASL and a bottle of P&G old Spice Original ASL, all of which i adore.

Not the most elaborate Christmas present list for myself but a one that will give me lots of joy & pleasure.

A close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Oud 24 Hours EDP to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Sat 15 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade Gillette Super Nacet Platinum 1st
Aftershave B&M Cheshire Balm
An awesome combination of soap, brush, and aftershave...speechless with how good is the lather from the soap...beautiful scent and a rich creamy slick cone of goodness. Awesome shave too with both the vintage razor paired with the vintage blade (+shim). Super smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish.
20221015_125146.jpg

SOTD: 15/10/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 5th use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Surprise Sample Croap
Balm: Southern Witchcrafts Valley Of The Ashes Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Italian Opera Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

This week is another of the sample soap theme weeks. You know what it's like, we all get soap samples from time to time. I pick a week to use some of them up.

Todays soap is Signature Soaps Eboracum. An absolute delight to lather and again really is a step up from the other samples I have been using this week.

I have been having issues some days with razor tugging recently. This morning I put two and two together and came up with the PAA shave cube. Did that on one side of my face and Proraso pre shave in the other then lathered up. The difference was night and day. It was causing tugging and skipping and is now relegated to the shower.

Had a Mail Drop from Southern Witchcrafts so finished off with some Valley of the Ashes splash which complimented the soap perfectly.

Anyroadup, it's autumn, it's not raining and in my spare time I'm a woodland macro photographer so it's off out on the great mushroom hunt.

D0057F20-FC43-4C49-871F-E7ADA4348C4F.jpeg

8616E18E-8883-4706-9DF6-87D0CEA64627.jpeg

SOTD: 15/10/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 5th use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Surprise Sample Croap
Balm: Southern Witchcrafts Valley Of The Ashes Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Italian Opera Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

This week is another of the sample soap theme weeks. You know what it's like, we all get soap samples from time to time. I pick a week to use some of them up.

Todays soap is Signature Soaps Eboracum. An absolute delight to lather and again really is a step up from the other samples I have been using this week.

I have been having issues some days with razor tugging recently. This morning I put two and two together and came up with the PAA shave cube. Did that on one side of my face and Proraso pre shave in the other then lathered up. The difference was night and day. It was causing tugging and skipping and is now relegated to the shower.

Had a Mail Drop from Southern Witchcrafts so finished off with some Valley of the Ashes splash which complimented the soap perfectly.

Anyroadup, it's autumn, it's not raining and in my spare time I'm a woodland macro photographer so it's off out on the great mushroom hunt.

View attachment 94859

View attachment 94860
That's a great picture

Today's shave:

rdt221015iaeu5.jpg

- Calani Oriental Plum
- Semogue TSN 2018 LE Finest
- Blackland Era with Sputnik blade
- Proraso red aftershave

:D

IMG_20221014_134335_7.jpg
SOTD October 15th 2022

Razor - Ever-Ready 1912
Blade - Personna Gem
Soap - Valobra Unscented
Brush - Boti 29mm Manchurian badger
Post - Geo.F.T Sandalwood skin food
Frag - Dunhill - Indian Sandalwood Edp

My first shave for a couple of years using the 1912 single edge razor and just like riding a bike it came back to me straight away.
The thick creamy lather produced easily from the Valobra soap with the aid from the Boti badger was just perfect and gave me enough protection with loads of slip and slide to enable me to get the quality shave I was looking for this morning.
I finished off with GFT Sandalwood skin food and my skin was smooth, supple, a great job.
My frag today was Dunhill Indian Sandalwood applied to my pulse points so not only very well shaved but smelling wonderful also.
A shout going out to @mpf9ret and @Boycie83 who made this shave possible. Big up yourselves! :cool:

Have a wonderful weekend chaps.

Paul.

It's been a while since I posted here, so here's my setup for today:
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock
Soap: Derby Tiras
Brush: Simpson's Trafalgar T3
A couple of squirts of Superdrug Black Suede and some vaseline moisturiser to finish.

I did my usual 2 passes: 1wtg, 1atg. The blade is now on its 7th use and still holding out. This could be my favourite from my sample pack.

Hope you have a good weekend.
20221015_095056.jpg

15/10/22
Straight Shave Saturday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #1
Blade - @andrew - Shavers delight
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk42 (1).JPG
Not a lot to go at today after yesterdays close shave, therefore, only a single pass required for a very comfortable DFS+ finish.
The Kropp razors are really nice to use and sing throughout the shave.
The soap and splash working in harmony to leave me feeling clean and fresh.
Spot on that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom