Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #1
Blade - @andrew - Shavers delight
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - OSP Orange and Patchouli
View attachment 94866
Not a lot to go at today after yesterdays close shave, therefore, only a single pass required for a very comfortable DFS+ finish.
The Kropp razors are really nice to use and sing throughout the shave.
The soap and splash working in harmony to leave me feeling clean and fresh.
Spot on that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all
I love my Kropp razors, how do you get on under your nose and chin?
I have yet to master that area and have to whip my tech etc over to finish.

I love my Kropp razors, how do you get on under your nose and chin?
I have yet to master that area and have to whip my tech etc over to finish.
Morning Mark,
I have had to think about that ;), i do remember that getting the hang of the chin took a bit practice.
So, Skin stretching and cheek "puffing" became the key to my success.
Under the nose i basically stretch the top lip down over the teeth and use small, very light strokes turning the the blade as i move down., i do the opposite for my chin pulling the bottom lip up over my teeth, then once over the bottom of the chin i pull the skin down toward the Adams apple then go from there.
Gurning champ of the NE i know, however, this works for me, saying that everyone is different.
gurn-gurning.gif
Good luck.
T

Saturday October 15, 2022
Razor: Durham Dorset
Blade: Feather Pro (Modified)
Brush: Trotter "Kickflip"
Soap: Ethos Tonka Bean
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: Small Batch Shave Tonic Winter Reserve
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,439

Hi Dave, how about using a small amount of epoxy glue on the screw threads to permanently fix the baseplate to the handle, one less thing to worry about then. :)

Paul.

15/10/22

Pre - Palmolive Refreshing Soap
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - The Fat
Razor - Yaqi Old Type Clone
Blade - Personna Red (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Original

I really enjoyed this shave. A delightful lather with the Fat and the Zenith Euro X (a shame this brush is not for sale anymore) and the blade was reasonably smooth in the razor.

Have a good weekend gents.

IMG_20221015_131723.jpg

Saturday

English flare tip with the super thin blade on its second use. DFS, no issues.

Thought I'd go sandalwood Saturday today. Of the soaps/creams I have that are sandalwood, this has to be the nicest smelling. I should really get the afters to go with it. However, Boots own woody and a bit of EJ balm finishes off nicely.

Have a great weekend

Attachments

• IMG_20221015_122432__01.jpg
    IMG_20221015_122432__01.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 13
I’m not known for doing things by halves so today I used 3 razors. To be honest I thought I would just go with the Rolls but didn’t really start with a sharp enough blade, I have several but unfortunately didn’t choose the best to start with. So, I then moved on to the vintage 7o’clock which I had just picked up in a job lot (see new acquisitions) fitted with a modded GEM personna but that had seen previous action of an unknown amount so I then moved on to a new 2 blade cartridge. Somewhat of a dog's breakfast of a shave but at least the Zenith/Evelyn and Crabtree combo was a stress free experience.
I need to spend a bit more time and effort sorting out these Rolls hollow ground blades. They are fundamentally good blades but need work to get them to an acceptable level of sharpness. I have to wonder how in years gone by guys managed to keep their blades in top order for daily shaves, or maybe they just accepted a less than really smooth finish? I’m sure the styptic pencil got plenty of use then :oops: . I’m happy to say I didn’t need one today, thanks for asking.

Have a great weekend fellas!

45F614B3-26FF-4DA7-AAC8-2A8A8B664922.jpeg

I’m not known for doing things by halves so today I used 3 razors. To be honest I thought I would just go with the Rolls but didn’t really start with a sharp enough blade, I have several but unfortunately didn’t choose the best to start with. So, I then moved on to the vintage 7o’clock which I had just picked up in a job lot (see new acquisitions) fitted with a modded GEM personna but that had seen previous action of an unknown amount so I then moved on to a new 2 blade cartridge. Somewhat of a dog's breakfast of a shave but at least the Zenith/Evelyn and Crabtree combo was a stress free experience.
I need to spend a bit more time and effort sorting out these Rolls hollow ground blades. They are fundamentally good blades but need work to get them to an acceptable level of sharpness. I have to wonder how in years gone by guys managed to keep their blades in top order for daily shaves, or maybe they just accepted a less than really smooth finish? I’m sure the styptic pencil got plenty of use then :oops: . I’m happy to say I didn’t need one today, thanks for asking.

Have a great weekend fellas!

View attachment 94886
How did you find the Soap.....I really had to work hard to get a lather

Bowl lather

Giles Shaving Bowl
Feather DX
Feather Pro Super (7)
Simpson Captain 2
Tabac
Homemade witch-hazel with glycerin tea tree, lavender and peppermint essential oils
L’Occitane Balm

Will probably have to postpone my month of using Tabac soap for a few days as I got a slight skin reaction. Might not be the soap as never had one before although I’ve not used Tabac continuously for 2 plus weeks before. Other than that a wonderfully relaxing Saturday morning shave with the DX.

SotD

Los Jabones de Joserra Viriato - Shaving Soap.
Brad Sears Shaveworks - Shaving Brush.
Mongoose Alumigoose SE - Safety Razor.
Los Jabones de Joserra Viriato - After Shave.

-
44530509nn.jpg

44530510fb.jpg

• 15/10/22
  • Gillette 1950s English Ball End Tech
  • Polsilver SI
  • Vulfix 404
  • Mitchells Wool Fat
  • Proraso Sandalwood Post Shave Balm
This was the first DE shave in a very long time - possibly in 2022. The Tech has always been my favourite razor. A little tenderness along the jaw line. Need to hone my technique after using carts. Got the bug again.

How did you find the Soap.....I really had to work hard to get a lather
We have hardish water here in West Sussex but I find I can get a lather no problem using the Zenith synthetic, maybe a bristle is more difficult?
One thing I do find is the soap seems to stay on the skin well and has an oily feel to it. I’m not wild about the scent though which I find very mild. I prefer a stronger more lasting scent a la Extro Positano.

Back
Top Bottom