SOTD: Saturday 15 - Friday 21 October 2022

We have hardish water here in West Sussex but I find I can get a lather no problem using the Zenith synthetic, maybe a bristle is more difficult?
One thing I do find is the soap seems to stay on the skin well and has an oily feel to it. I’m not wild about the scent though which I find very mild. I prefer a stronger more lasting scent a la Extro Positano.
Thanks for that. I will try both Badger and Synthetic and see if there is an improvement

SotD

Los Jabones de Joserra Viriato - Shaving Soap.
Brad Sears Shaveworks - Shaving Brush.
Mongoose Alumigoose SE - Safety Razor.
Los Jabones de Joserra Viriato - After Shave.

-
44530509nn.jpg

44530510fb.jpg
Lovely brush!

Paul.

Saturday October 15, 2022
Razor: Durham Dorset
Blade: Feather Pro (Modified)
Brush: Trotter "Kickflip"
Soap: Ethos Tonka Bean
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: Small Batch Shave Tonic Winter Reserve
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,439

I have a Durham but haven’t got around to using it yet but will now try using your method with the Feather blades.
I use Polimide Kapton insulation tape to help make some of my blade modifications more secure when the fit in the razor head is a wee bit shaky. It’s a bit belt and braces but can really help to stop blades going awol during a shave! Cheers Alan

Razor = Occam’s Oren :
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 8 )
Brush = Simpsons Chubby 2
Cream = Geo F Trumper Eucris with matching Edt & Balm.

5F56F0ED-C175-41E1-852F-0ECFC1E6D790.jpegWasn’t going to shave today but i couldn’t help myself.
A late afternoon 3 pass shave was wonderful just before lunch.
This truly is my favourite cream
Love it love it love it
Enjoy your weekend lads or what’s left of it

I have a Durham but haven’t got around to using it yet but will now try using your method with the Feather blades.
I use Polimide Kapton insulation tape to help make some of my blade modifications more secure when the fit in the razor head is a wee bit shaky. It’s a bit belt and braces but can really help to stop blades going awol during a shave! Cheers Alan
Thanks, I'll look into the tape (y)

SOTD: 16th October 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Da Barba Shaving Cream.
Blade: Gillette Super Blue. (D2)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / P&G Old Spice Original ASL. /Boots Freshwood ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Cella shave cream provided me with an excellent lather it's such a wonderful performer with its cherry almond fragrance.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Sun 16 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 2nd
Aftershave B&M Vespers Balm
I love this soap's strong scent, especially with the matching balm. The lather was as good too...
Some of my best shaves are from these vintage adjustable razors and today was no exception. Razor paired with the blade+shim was smooth, comfortable, and crisply efficient at the max setting resulting in a bbs finish...
20221016_120431.jpg

Back
Top Bottom