SOTD: Saturday 15 - Friday 21 October 2022

Saturday 15th October

Omega 11135 Boar - TFS Barber Block - Ikon Shavecraft X3/Personna Platinum Chrome - English Leather

A change of livery for the TFS today...and after the sad news yesterday....for me this will always be the 'Hogwarts Express'.
3 very smooth passes for an excellent result.
Impressive pot lid Brian. Haven't seen that design before. I love old steam locomotives. It's an anorak thing.

Nope, the knot didn’t drop out. I removed the original bristle following its first use today and after recently acquiring it. The replacement will be synthetic which I have come to realise doesn’t make my face feel like it’s been treated to a pass with a creme brûlée culinary torch in the way a bristle brush seems to. Maybe I just have delicate skin. Anyway, with my face aflame my shave was rapidly completed. Titan razor plus Astra 4th use blade (and now end of life). Floris soap was definitely difficult to lather with the bristle,(@culcreuch please note). So, not the best shave to start the week but good enough with a slap of moisturiser to calm things down. Things can only get better.
Have a great week fellas!

F8BAE6E5-7A9B-41C4-AB46-F43A6F5E609B.jpeg

Last edited:
nVfnT9Y.jpg

Switched blades to different razor and shaved on opposite sides. Zero difference.

The only difference I have seen up to this point is that the newer Platinum took a tad longer to "push back" the PTFE coating initially on the first shave which tells me Gillette has improved the blade overall. That may be anathema to some who have hoarded thousands of the "Swedes" years ago, but I call 'em as I see 'em. No sacred cows.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 2 )
Brush = Simpsons Chubby 3 Synthetic
Gel = Greek Athenas Treasures Olive Oil & Aloe shaving Gel with Matching Balm
C5EFD63E-CC0A-4A93-9336-410D9628792D.pngWell i wasn’t shaving today but i found this little lot & thought why not.
The Gel is classed as Foaming Gel but there was no foam lol infact there was hardly any soap lol
instructions said rub in to wet face which is probably where i went wrong as i decided to use a brush.
To be fair it was actually quite decent,
The scent was fresh but the lather dissipated rather quickly although plenty left for a 3 pass shave.
Apparently these products are 100% natural but i didn’t have a magnifying glass to read it.
Im only having a laugh really it was all ok although the Balm was definitely the better of the 2 but also double the price of the Gel.
Never Mind another shave done & rather enjoyable
Stay Safe Boys

Sunday 16th October

AL9nZEVdgq_7iIiQorRyju5e8aY-ggFkSNA2TjDiQ3PvFnnARvogJNqnFC9bZDzDCdfcRFl9ztlYz3wGtek2OFOBi57a_wkV6fvZzQJ-XIJCMtoEFB60ZbWsSb-_9uwwtOLhcmgM8MUVvqoYcdMErHdrFBy7Ng=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham's 1912 Gothic Revival Shaving Soap & Muhle Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Star 1912 (1919) Safety Razor & GEM by Personna (7)
Wickham Gothic Revival Aftershave

Well, if Trumpers cannot figure out how the hell to make a shaving soap at least I can still enjoy Eucris from a soap maker who actually can. Very much enjoyed!

The toys in the attic come out to play
They hate it when you lock them away

Pull out your lesser-used razors and give them a whirl!

Back
Top Bottom