SOTD : Saturday 12th February-Friday 18th February 2022.

gYPPSso.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Patinum Chrome (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Pitralon Classic Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Musgo Real Classic Cologne

Nice to load Sir Irisch Moos from a solid glass container. Great scent - great soap.

Thu 17 SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Very nice aromatic cigarish scent from the soap! The lather was good too!
Had an enjoyable shave with this razor! Just 2.5passes for a dfs/ccs result. I'm finding this edge to be comfortable but not as keen and hence, not as efficient. Aftershaves were really awesome...the WW can last...
20220217_105305.jpg

SOTD : 17th February 2022.

l.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather : Arko Shave Stick.
Blade: Ted Pella PTFE SS. (D7)
Razor: Eve-Ready 1912. (UK)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Cool AS/Cologne + ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A Turkish themed shave with a Ever-Ready 1912 twist!

Finishing my shaving week off in style with my much loved ER 1912 (UK) which performed wonderfully cutting through my stubble effortlessly paired together with the Ted Pella PTFE SS blade on it's 7th outing, and still feeling smooth & efficient....The longevity of the Ted Pella blades are remarkable!

What more can I say about these remarkable razors. The shave was fantastic...When ever i use my vintage razors I feel as though I am using a proper shaving tool when shaving with them. I have such love and respect for these wonderful vintage shaving tools.

A very enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close near BBS comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Arko Cool ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 17-Feb
20220216_104632.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: PAA Speakeasy
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (10)

That was excellent all around, picked up the speakeasy after getting a sample of the AS, not disappointed love the smell. I suspect it'll have the same staying power that PAA tends to have, but so far doesn't have the drawbacks off setting the Mrs off like she's just walked into a field of fresh cut grass, phew.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

273821672_728405641447505_7572748481366521007_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Tabac
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)

I've not used a Treet since those early days of sample blade packs, and to be honest I've no idea if this tuck is a leftover from then or was included with a PIF/BST. So if you recall sending these,

Coffee Cheers GIF by Holiday Inn Express

As my technique's improved I've decided to revisit some of the blades I rejected a year ago. No idea why the Treet's were sidelined though as I have no memory - good or bad - of their performance. Today, I was pleasantly surprised by both the smoothness and the finish of the blade, and it's one I have no problem keeping it in the razor to use for the next few days. The rest of the tuck will remain in the den for regular outings too. The rest of the shave? All tried and tested so all good. Getting tired of those little sample sprays of Tabac though :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 84452
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Tabac
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)

I've not used a Treet since those early days of sample blade packs, and to be honest I've no idea if this tuck is a leftover from then or was included with a PIF/BST. So if you recall sending these,

Coffee Cheers GIF by Holiday Inn Express

As my technique's improved I've decided to revisit some of the blades I rejected a year ago. No idea why the Treet's were sidelined though as I have no memory - good or bad - of their performance. Today, I was pleasantly surprised by both the smoothness and the finish of the blade, and it's one I have no problem keeping it in the razor to use for the next few days. The rest of the tuck will remain in the den for regular outings too. The rest of the shave? All tried and tested so all good. Getting tired of those little sample sprays of Tabac though :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Treet Platinum are good blades. They were a pleasant surprise to me.

Back
Top Bottom