SOTD : Saturday 12th February-Friday 18th February 2022.

Friday SOTD

X0O15bN.png

Karve CB 3.5” SB Level F / Pesonna Platinum
Spiffo African Blackwood 24mm HMW SHD Fan
DG Fake Yellow Light Shaving Soap & Aftershave

SOTD 18-Feb
20220217_113939.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: NO Firefighter
Razor: Asylum RX V2
Blade: Feather Professional

Decent shave this morning, it won't topple the vector as my favourite AC razor no matter how much I play with it but still trying to decide whether it has a place. Still smooth and semi ready for the day ahead.

Hope everyone has a good kick off to the weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Friday 18th February

Boti 27mm Boar - Cella Original - Parker SRDW/Derby Premium - Lustray Spice AS

I used an earlier model of this Parker razor when I first decided to try a shavette. I cut myself and never went back to it. I still believe that something with protected corners like a Focus or a Vanta is the best way to start. A few years down the line with experience and the Parker gave a faultless shave. It will make an excellent low cost travel razor

18 February

Signature Soaps Hibernia
PAA Amber Aerolite
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

01F0CDDD-D4F0-43C4-AA5B-2F6E62D10108.jpeg
A wonderful shave this morning, two passes and a good comfortable finish. I seem to get a better, closer shave with the EJ head than with the Razorock Game Changer. Perhaps it is my many years more use of the EJ razor or perhaps it’s something else. My preference, by some way, is for the EJ DE89. Controversial… probably.

20220218_122133.jpg
SOTD 18th Feb
Soap - Mish mash of OSP samples
Brush- Razorock Plissoft 24mm
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 with 1914 handle
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #3
Post - Barts Balm Ben More lotion

In work early this morning in preparation for a busy day given the weather that's forecast.
Meant I could bring in the ER 1912 bathroom set for a rare work shave, but decided to try the heavier handle from my 1914. Resulted in another fantastic 3 passes, but a more sedate and concentrated shave compared to yesterday's with the lighter aluminium handle. Shows how a razor head's "personality" and balance can be influenced by the handle. DFS result.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

18/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Feather ACSR-RBL
Blade - Feather Pro Guard (5)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Wk07 (7).JPG
Very nice, just as efficient as the DX but easier to use - For me.
I will run some unguarded blades through this one.

Storm Eunice.
Going to work this morning around 5.30am there was a bit strong wind with a lot of very wet snow/sleet, it had cleared up by about 830, we have had the sun out since about 10am, then as i write the sky has started growing darker.:eek:.

Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Sotd-18-02-22.png
This morning -

Yaqi Excalibur
P30 (14)
Semogue 2000
Vitos?
cold water
Weleda balm
Tabac edt.

Great. I didn't really need to shave but where's the fun in that? The Vitos was gifted to me and I can't remember which type it is - Super Extra, Super Coco, Red or Green? - works as well as any other variety I have. The scent has dissipated somewhat but it still performs just fine and seems quite happy living in the repurposed MWF jar. Which is nice. Selah - I.

18/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Feather ACSR-RBL
Blade - Feather Pro Guard (5)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

View attachment 84505
Very nice, just as efficient as the DX but easier to use - For me.
I will run some unguarded blades through this one.

Storm Eunice.
Going to work this morning around 5.30am there was a bit strong wind with a lot of very wet snow/sleet, it had cleared up by about 830, we have had the sun out since about 10am, then as i write the sky has started growing darker.:eek:.

Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Hope you get home ok

Back
Top Bottom