SOTD : Saturday 12th February-Friday 18th February 2022.

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Karve - Brass C plate
Blade: Shark (1)
Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
S Soap: Extro Cosmesi - The End (sample)

Another efficient shave provided by this brass made razor despite using a blade not so sharp. A very comfortable shave indeed.

An equally important role in this outcome was played by the lather supplier - The End by Extro Cosmesi - a Brut tribute. Having used the P&B's Right Handed Giant (also a Brut tribute) not too long ago I can say the Extro Cosmesi got it better. To me the scent is much closer to the original Brut without having the 'soapy' traces P&B's version has.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend ahead!

SOTD.jpg

Fri 18th February

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Lea Classic soap
Claymore Evolution
Schick Proline ( 9 )
Lea Classic A/S lotion

A smooth and comfortable Shave, but the finish was not as close as expected in places. I am sure I could get a few more Shaves from this blade, provided that I do not expect an ultra close finish.

8FAA4198-4EF7-44F2-89DC-6F6420739259.jpeg

A late entry here and Wednesday night's shave which arrives on your pixel arranging technology complete with the theme 'Wednesday's child is full of woe'

20220216_174945.jpg

Wooooooe razor - Occams Enoch
Wwwwwoe blade - Schick
Woeeeee brush - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Woooooo soap - Officina Artigiana

Wednesday's child might be a distressed little person but this shave was anything but. This was more a Tuesday's child's shave.

A first time with a Schick in the Enoch for me and a lovely pairing. Very smooth and very effective. I wish I could say the same for me.

And you would like some Japanese rocking girlies? In that case have some Babymetal......

Friday 18th February

AM-JKLXqAs6vI-Y8LLngpf4aoqpbUOP3KCH-OJogcrfZgHinHkHnt08HXXjdvFekhyuHM97AT_BdGCO82ATO3AXfqrYOuuWlyoCE7U2Lplw57KdHlWkWNf8p9Pk8OVrfk638Eb0DGCdOEYUC1xiaEZxqlWEHRw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Shibden Woods Shaving Soap
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
Gillette Labs Exfoliating & Gillette Labs Cartridge (10)
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave

Sunday AM 2022-02-13
The Marquis de Sade arrested and imprisoned in Vincennes fortress without charges on this date in 1777
QosCb0g.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Personna 74 Tungsten (11)
Dana Canoe aftershave (vintage)
TQGDB2x.jpg
Nice scuttle. Where did you buy it from?

Razor = 1949 British Gillette Rocket
Blade = Vintage Sheffield Special ( 2 )
Brush = Yaqi 24mm Synthetic
Soap = House Of Mammoth Mood Indigo
Splash = Myrsol Blue
Balm = Baxter Of California
0A2E6963-628F-469C-B799-AF5001BD3258.jpeg
Absolutely Class Shave Tonight
Old Versus Modern.
The Razor is a recent buy in tip top condition and 73 years old i can’t believe how good it is.
The Soap for me is class & my only regret is i only have 3 from this seller.
The Blueberry scent on this one is special it really is.
Like everyone else on here iv spent a good few quid of Razors yet this one and the Tv special have been my best shaves.
It just goes to show nearly 100 years on and we’re still using the same design.
What an achievement that invention was.
Anyway Lads hopefully the weather isn’t to bad where you are but where ever you are
usual applies
Stay Safe

Friday:

Earlier today - I'm done with the Voshkod, whilst it was efficient enough, just too bloody rough for me. I did the second pass with the R31 shavette an the flatter bits of my face and despite it only being the second outing using a shavette, as a practice run before I attempt the harder bits of my face, was still smoother than the Voshkod!

The Stirling Ramblin' Man however was great and a superb scent to boot.

No pic, as I was feeling the strain and needed to get working.

I think I'll bust out one of my Techs tomorrow, I'll do a random choice in the morning!

Have a great Friday and dodge whatever Eunice the bitch throws at you, especially trampolines if you're a train driver!

Last edited:
An SOTD on time? Ah well, in that case it may as well be themed 'On time'........because it is

20220218_172236.jpg

Trains - Claymore Evolution
Weddings - Feather Proguard
JITC - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
My wife (?:ROFLMAO:) - Signature Soaps Wicstun

A very welcome shave after two days of self neglect. I just don't love myself anymore and I think I should divorce me. But a shave to rescue an otherwise fading relationship was on the books and delighted to say 'I love me once again'.

The Wictsun is becoming a bit of a firm favourite and up there with the Londinium. God bless Market Weighton.

I do hope everyone is surviving this present storm and that you are all safe. I shall wish you wonderful forum folk a safe and happy weekend and just to add, 'I love you all'.

'And I promise never to leave you again'

Oh bollocks, have some of those Bed-in girls then. And complete with a lumi-vibrator waving crowd. What more could you ever want?

5728D23F-AE86-4CAD-AB4A-945ADEF70743.jpeg
SOTD: 18/02/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 4th use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Soap: Ach Brito Musgo
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Smooth and simple, the Hawk is an absolute delight. The Musgo was lovely, I just wish it was more strongly scented. The weekend is here guys!

Back
Top Bottom